The Wonderful World of David Oneal

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I seem to remember around the time I joined here (and foolishly thought everyone was having a go at him as I had been fooled by the various statements he had made and actually came out in his defense - please forgive me ;) ) that he had, to date, only been sent "cease and desist" notices which he made very light of at the time and said he would be carrying on as usual and dared Disney to take it further.
There was a discussion on why Disney had never sued him. The conclusion, if I remember correctly, was the possible bad publicity due to the "charity" (I use the term loosely) aspect of his claims. That was the best he came up with although I did make a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that maybe he knew too much and that was the price for keeping his mouth shut (not that I knew anything, just a thought as to why he was getting away with it).
I couldn't find the thread again (maybe I just didn't look hard enough) but it was around a certain time when a certain person was deleting all posts he had replied to so it may have gone.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Merged David Oneal / Extinct Attractions Club topics renamed "The Wonderful World of David Oneal" in honor of [former member] Bill and his wondrous wordplay.

We miss you, friend... ;)

Note: "[post=28959]EAC Starts Theme Park Audio Downloading Service[/post]" will be merged with this topic in the near future.

almandot

i don't give what he said much merit but when i worked with him he'd said to me that he'd been sued 7 or 8 times.. but i'm thinking that rather being complete BS it was really just BS via exaggeration and it might have just been take down / cease and desist letters.

the whole "it would be bad publicity because of the charity aspect" was all speculation on random members' parts mixed into the conversation. i don't think anyone giving it much thought ever took that too seriously.

and jay, you had to pay to get the report but i'm curious... how did you find out about it in the first place? do you do a daily scan of california court documents? do you have a google alert set to mail you stories with "o'neal" and "disney" in them? was it mentioned on some other disney site?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
how did you find out about it in the first place? do you do a daily scan of california court documents? do you have a google alert set to mail you stories with "o'neal" and "disney" in them? was it mentioned on some other disney site?

No, no, and no — everyone read it here first.

Tannerman

Great detective work, Jay. Thanks for taking the time to research, pay for, and post the documents. This will be really interesting to watch, not only from the realm of Oneal's case, but as has been mentioned, fan-oriented Disney media in general.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Someone on another website, that is linking to the story and documents posted here, claims, "The fact that the lawsuit was immediately and completely dropped shows me that someone or some firm was looking for money (again), saw that it wasn't there (again), and dropped the whole thing." If it is a "fact," it looks like someone forgot to file the paperwork.

Here is the latest court filing, submitted today, 04/26/2010:

Disney Enterprises, Inc. et al v. David Oneal et al

Service of Summons and Complaint Returned Executed (21 days)

Service_01.gif

Service_02.gif

Service_03.gif

Service_04.gif

Service_05.gif

Service_06.gif

Service_07.gif

almandot

some people are also jumping to a conclusion that this action by disney necessarily means that the result of it could have implications on all the other sites out there that offer anything with regards to fan videos or music.. while disney has the right to do so at any time I doubt that this will specifically be the source of any further action.. this has been such a specific instance of him doing nothing more than downloading material from the internet and then turning around and selling it(or in the case of the videos, getting an old recording of a tv show and then making copies to sell himself). who knows though =P

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Anyone care to post the Extinct Attractions Club "Spring Celebration" e-mail that was allegedly sent to customers over the weekend? Brownie points for including the secret link. (Feel free to send me a PM if you wish to remain anonymous.)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Oh dear. ;) Think before following the link, folks. Click on the screen capture, instead.

Extinct Attractions Club "Spring Celebration" e-mail:

Spring Audio Collection.jpg
26 New Extinct Audio Packs
We are having a Spring Celebration event at Extinct Attractions
and offering you the top 26 most requested audio collections.

Yes, you heard right, we are offering up 26 separate new audio
collections this week. and we extending our Spring 50% off
discount to you.

In the future we will be changing the way we do audio downloads, so
this may be your last chance to add these large collections to
your theme park library. The other audio collections we have are also
able to have 50% off as well. So take advantage now, since they
will be not offered this way soon.

To make it simple for you these are only offered as downloads,
to take 50% off, enter the word "spring" at checkout.

We have also made a special category called new audio collection
so you can see all 28 new audio collections, take a look at them
all at:

http://tinyurl.com/y3yyfmk

Here is a list of what is new, each of these are on the special page
listed above and you can see the complete list of content there

1) Tokyo Disneyland Audio Collection
3.8 hours of pristine audio from all over the park.

2) Ultimate Fantasyland audio Collection
4.1 hours of pristine audio

3 )California Adventure Hollywood Backlot
Audio collection

4) Carousel of Progress Audio Collection

5) Communicore audio collection

6) country bear jamboree collection

7) Frontierland Audio Collection

8) Great Movie Ride Audio Collection

9) Hall of Presidents Collection

10) Honey I shrunk the kids MGM Movie Set Collection

11) Epcot Horizons Audio

12) Journey into Imagination audio collection

13) Disneyland Indiana Jones Audio Collection

14) Disneyland Adventure thru Inner Space Audio Collection

15) Disneyland Jungle Cruise Audio Collection

16) Epcot Wonders of Life Audio Collection

17) Epcot Living Seas Audio Collection

18) Disneyland Main Street Audio Collection

19) MGM Studios Area Music Collection

20) Disneyland Mission To Mars Audio Collection

21) Disneyland Rail Road Audio Collection

22) Disneyland Rivers of America Audio Collection

23) Splash Mountain Audio Collection

24) Submarine Voyage Audio Collection

25) MGM Studios Sunset Blvd. Background loops

26) Disneyland Toon Town Audio Collection

...Martin does a much better job at the whole documentary thing...if I could just track down larger resolution versions I'd be a very happy camper.

Why thank you! ;) I do my best.

The highest res versions are at Rodentsections as torrent files, at 720x576 (newer ones) or 640x480 (older ones) - I will get to HD one day, but with the older footage there isn`t much point. The divx files at Rodentsections are at the same res as my original edits, just (carefully) compressed for space saving.

Martins work is definitely awesome. I must be tired took me a few minutes to understand what rodentsections was

almandot

grr he took down his spring audio collection page (i typed in the tinyurl above rather than linking to jay's wonderful riaa link ;)). i wanted to see his tokyo audio collection to see if some edits of mine finally made their way into a dave audio collection. i felt left out.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
HeHe. I guess the "Spring Celebration" event has ended early. :rolleyes:

/springaudiocollection.aspx is no longer a working link:

Spring Has Already Sprung.jpg

That's what [post=32108]snapshots[/post] are for, folks. :D

[End of merged topic 4007 "EAC Starts Theme Park Audio Downloading Service" dated January 2009 - 09:46 PM to April 27 2010 03:42 PM —Admin]

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
All existing David Oneal / Extinct Attractions Club topics have now been merged into one.

Note: Websites that have been linking directly to the post containing the [post=32070]complaint[/post] for Disney Enterprises, Inc. et al v. David Oneal et al will now want to link to:

HTML:
http://www.magicmusic.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=32070

Not only is this a lot shorter than some of the mile long links that I've seen being used on some websites, it also would have worked both before and after the merge. :rolleyes:

Gurgitoy2

Almandot, you worked with Dave Oneal? What did you do for/with him?

What I find amazing is his brazen lack of concern. He's trying every which way to still offer his bootleg Disney stuff for sale, despite being sued. Why is he so desperate to continue? Of course money, and I truly wonder just how much he makes off of selling these recordings.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
What I find amazing is his brazen lack of concern. He's trying every which way to still offer his bootleg Disney stuff for sale, despite being sued.

He might want to Google "criminal copyright infringement," the "NET Act," and the "PRO-IP Act."

Copyright infringers may be sued civilly and prosecuted criminally for the same infringing act. In cases where the alleged infringer has few assets that a copyright owner might recover in a civil suit, the owner may seek to have the government prosecute the infringer as a criminal.

I am sure we have all seen these:
full

Extended Warning:

"The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000."

Abbreviated Warning:

"FBI Anti-Piracy Warning: Unauthorized Copying Is Punishable Under Federal Law."

I have seen the FBI Anti-Piracy Warning Seal appearing on the backs of more and more new CD releases:

Death Proof.jpg

On the Net:

BNET: Criminal Copyright Infringement
UCLA: The 'No Electronic Theft' Act
Wikipedia: PRO-IP Act
FBI: The Anti-Piracy Warning Seal
RIAA: FBI Seal

Gurgitoy2

Well, and the evidence that he's still trying to get around the laws could really come back to hurt him. If it's shown that he has willful disregard for copyright laws, and he still continues to violate that, I'm sure they could very well criminally convict him. He obviously shows no signs of stopping. Maybe he wants to go to prison? At least he would get 3 square meals and a stable roof over his head?

EAC stole all of my HM files, (as well as other attraction audio I've worked on) and started selling them and I never got one ounce of credit for all the years of collecting, restoring and remixing work I did on them.

Everything he has that was HM related came right from my 4-CD fan tribute collection from 2005:

HM36Disc1COVER116.jpg

HM36DISC2COVER18.jpg

HM36DISC3COVERPage014.jpg

HM36Disc4COVER14.jpg

Two of the CDs feature cover art created for this collection by Ray Keim of Haunted Dimensions. My collection was a fan tribute, for other fans, and never offered for sale. I also gave credit to all those who contributed to this project, unlike EAC.

grntdavis

Well, and the evidence that he's still trying to get around the laws could really come back to hurt him. If it's shown that he has willful disregard for copyright laws, and he still continues to violate that, I'm sure they could very well criminally convict him. He obviously shows no signs of stopping. Maybe he wants to go to prison? At least he would get 3 square meals and a stable roof over his head?

David is very familiar with courts. Check out www.occourts.org - the case is criminal, the number is 05SM04210. I realize this will probably be pulled from posting, but, the truth about David needs to get out there. His Oneal last name, he picked it up from the wife he claims to never have had (to the innocent women he currently dates). The guy is dangerous. This lawsuit, he laughed it off when he first learned about it in his million dollar home. He tells one lie after another and someday this should all come crashing down.