1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Polynesian Resort [1995]

Music loop playlist

1. Tannerman

Tannerman Member

I guess I'm asking... where would I find the list of the 18 tracks in the loop? :)

2. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

I don't know what you mean by this. Can you explain? :unsure:

3. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

I think what Tannerman is saying Jay is that he's just looking for a list with all of the track information.

And I think what Jay is saying Tannerman is patience, it'll be here soon enough...

4. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

By the way, when you're done with the Polynesian loop, I could sure use your help Jay on identifying some of the tracks in the Enchanted Tiki Room loop here at DLR. It's gonna be a little while though because the loop only plays between showings of the pre-show film and Tiki God Garden Show, so I can only record it 7 minutes at a time about every 20 mins. :(

5. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

:confused: Did you see what I invested to get the Pioneer Hall and Marina loops from Fort Wilderness? Complaining you can only record 7 minutes every 20 minutes is pretty lame. :LOL:

That reminds me, have you had any better success at Space Mountain since the last try?

6. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

Yeah yeah yeah, right you are. I'm not as patient as you- longest time I've recorded continuously for was about an hour and ten minutes. I've been thinking today, what with me moving to New York in August I'll probably spend the summer stockpiling reference recordings so I'll have stuff to work on during the months I'm away.

No on Space Mountain. Doing the interior loop again shouldn't be much of a problem. For the exit loop I'm going to wait for the (not infrequent) occurrence that the ride breaks down so that there's no one exiting. And as for that exterior loop- well, I just have to get my guts back and risk the ire of CMs and guests. All in a days work. I've gotten a bit shy since I got yelled at recording the Street Party back in March. I suppose I need to get over that given some of the stuff I'm wanting to do next month in WDW...

7. freedomnoise13

freedomnoise13 Member

I will be staying home from work all this week in light of this joyous occasion... and that is not sarcasm!

8. Tannerman

Tannerman Member

That's exactly what I was trying to ask. Thanks for clarifying. But I'm sure Jay had fun being cryptic.... :D

I'm cool with waiting, just wondered if I was missing a link to a list or something.

9. DisneyMuzik

DisneyMuzik Member

Is there any advantage to waiting for the Playlists section to happen before purchasing via the iTunes links? Thanks for posting these links!

Also, I'm assuming this iMix at the iTunes store is incorrect?

Polynesian Resort

10. Magic Music

Nope.
    The iMix must be for some other "Polynesian Resort." Only one of its 29 tracks (11 too many) is correct — "O Kamawailua Lani"  iTunes  — and it is probably just a coincidence.

11. DisneyMuzik

DisneyMuzik Member

Excellent, I have purchased the iTunes available songs, hopefully the referral went thru. Cant wait for the rest of the list to be available. My wife and I are surprising our kids with a trip to the Poly in October during the Halloween Party.

Will the rest of the list be available soon and will most of the songs be available via iTunes?

12. Magic Music

I nailed another track today! Oh yeah! :)

13. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

How many do you have left to identify Jay?

14. Magic Music

Seven. I have listened to hundreds of Hawai`ian/Tahitian CDs on this quest. :confused:

15. jksoundman

jksoundman New Member

Jay, Thanks for all of the info on the Poly music! By any chance, have you figured out any more of the tracks that you haven't posted yet? Thanks!

16. Magic Music

I don't recall, offhand, how many tracks I still need to ID from the previous loop.

"Hey, did he just say 'previous?!'"

Yup!

A new loop with 82 tracks was installed back in January. So far, I have managed to ID 62 tracks, with most of them having to be done the old-fashioned way.

Keep a watchful eye on Disney's Polynesian Resort in the Playlists section! :)

17. angiehashemi

angiehashemi Member

Can't wait to see these, Jay! My never ending wish list of CD's keeps getting longer, not shorter!

18. crxbrett

crxbrett New Member

Check out this album.....

Chants Et Danses De Tahiti: Rythms and Songs from Polynesia

I believe it has most of the remaining tracks you haven't identified. I know for sure the first two tracks are in the loop. I most definitely know that Track 1 on the album, Haari Maohi, is Track 18 (the vocal group) and Track 2 on the album, Pereta'i e, is Track #4 (Tahitians Drums - "Haya-Ha-Ha!").

Hope this little bit of info helps you.........

Also, the previous Polynesian loop that played til '94 was basically all Benjamin Rogers tracks from the 4 albums that are on iTunes.

19. crxbrett

crxbrett New Member

Okay, after listening to the album myself, there is only one elusive track on this playlist that is not yet identified, Track #10.

The following tracks are on the Chants Et Danses Tahiti album that I noted in my last post.
    They are as follows:

Track 04. - Pereta'i e (Track 2 on album)
    Track 06. - Mai te hoe po avae (Track 26 on album)
    Track 15. - Hotu are'a (Track 16 on album)
    Track 16. - E Toro e (Track 18 on album)
    Track 17. - E Toro e hoe (Track 17 on album)
    Track 18. - Haari Maohi (Track 1 on album)

Hope this helps you! I really hope that last track can be found soon!!

20. Magic Music

Yes, it sure does! You definitely found the right recording! You may not have found the right album, though. The Polynesian's Tracks 16 and 17 are cut differently, so I'm thinking Disney probably used a different LP or CD as their source. I'm looking into Drum Beats of the Pacific as a possibility. Still, an awesome find! :cool:

jksoundman likes this.