Unknown Album

full
03. I'm Crazy Over You ~2:21 [✄ Bing Crosby Vocal Removed]
Sam Lanin and His Famous Players
Unknown Album

Read more about this playlist...

SharonKurland

Adventurers' Club

Can anyone tell me if there is any prerecorded audio used in the Adventurers Club?

Bill-

Yeah, there are.

There is a loop that plays out of 1 radio in the Main Salon and 2 radios on the Zebra Mezzanine. They're all from 1937 or before, Spike Jones, classical, Tommy Dorsey, etc.

There is a victrola in the Treasure Room that quietly plays a different loop of music.

There is "canned Mask laughter" that's played in the Mask Room.

In the Library, during the Balderdash Cup, the follow pre-recorded sounds occur:
--The sounds of the sinking ship during Hathaway Browne's tales of adventure.
--The sound of the "foghorn" Emil Bleehall steps on to get his pigeons' attention.
--The sounds of the 500 1 lb. pigeons who coo and tap dance on the roof of the building during.
--The cooing and stomping sounds of Rodan, the 1 500 lb. pigeon who can tell you what's 2 + 2.

"Dave The Sound Guy," who is heard at the end of each Library show, is also pre-recorded. He's the voice of one of the AC CMs who has been there since Day One.

The first 2 I mentioned are the only ongoing sounds. Everything else is played by a push of a button.

-Sharon-
(who knows WAY too much about the Adventurers Club )

SharonKurland

I forgot a few other "push the button" sounds:

--The "Dave The Sound Guy" announcement of the countdown before you're "on the air" during the Radio Serial Thriller. That DtSG is a different voice from that "kick you out of the Library" DtSG.
--The sound of stamping feet during the Radio Serial Thriller

Yeah Bill...if you're interested in the sounds (well, the musical loops anyway), someone here must have them. I can tell you more than you'd ever want to know about the AC, but I don't collect BGM.

-Sharon-

Captain Hank

Considering that it's closing in less than a month, has anyone compiled a list of the Adventurer's Club BGM? There are at least 3 loops in the AC. There's one that plays from the radios in the Zebra Mezzanine. Then, there's the drumming from the Mask room. Also, there's a phonograph that plays a loop in the Treasure Room. I don't recall specifically if the Library or the Main Salon have loops or not, though I think a short selection of 1920s-era music plays before the Radio Broadcast. I did a quick search and didn't find anything. I'd volunteer to do it myself, but I'm afraid that I've partaken in my last Hoopla and won't return to Florida until after the AC closes.

Captain Hank

Pleasure Island Audio?

I've tried asking this in a few other places, with exactly zero success--so, one last time: Just seeing if anyone has a track listing for the Adventurers Club BGM. I know some of the basic nuts and bolts of it--lots of Glenn Miller, Doodles Weaver, etc. However, I've yet to find a complete track listing (though my searching has picked up on several posts where people say that they have a full list, I've never seen it posted). Anybody?

And, while we're on the topic of Pleasure Island, would anyone happen to know the origin of the version of Auld Lang Syne played as the first track of the fireworks show? It can be heard here:

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I have made digital recordings of the Adventurers Club loop and I have compiled a list of tracks based on those recordings. Will I post the playlist here? Nope. Not when it will end up on Ricky Brigante's for-profit website. Ricky can do his own work from here on out.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Maybe he's related to a certain other character we discuss frequently who also sells other peoples work with seeming impunity :D
Why do a few self-centered people have to spoil it for the rest of us.
That's not the Disney spirit (even though they also like to make lots of money) :(

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Bill said:
um, what?

Sorry, that should have had Jay's mail quoted (about RBs site) .
I was making a comparison to other well-known people who sell things for profit in a non-stick way ;)

Captain Hank

Just bumping this up. I'm still on the lookout for an Adventurers Club playlist. I got rather a nice amount of Amazon gift cards for Christmas, and though reconstructing the loop would be a worthy use for them. I was hoping the climate of the audio community may have cooled down a bit since this was originally posted, and might permit the playlist to be released.

BlazingRhythms

Captain Hank said:
I was hoping the climate of the audio community may have cooled down a bit since this was originally posted, and might permit the playlist to be released.

Jay has been posting playlists, he'd probably put this one in playlists if he does. He did post the playlist for Pop Century that had been removed for a little while (after the list was on another site without permission).

Jimmy Snell

Hi Everyone!

I've been scouring the net for years looking for a playlist of the music used in the Adventurers Club before it was closed down, but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone here might have it? I'd be eternally grateful, because it would help rectify one of the biggest regrets of my life.

Story Time: I've only been to Walt Disney World once, the summer of 2007. I had recently turned 21, and had gone with my then girlfriend who was 19. We were walking along the Pleasure Island area when I saw the Adventurers Club. I've always loved Indiana Jones, and particularly Adventureland, so needless to say I was immediately excited. I walked in for a quick second and assumed it was bar, so I never even made it to the mezzanine level. I assumed that my girlfriend wouldn't be allowed in, and so for the remainder of the trip I would look longingly at the building as we walked to and from the park. It wasn't until we got home that I did some internet research and learned that we could have gone inside, and not only was it a bar, but it was my dream bar. I vowed to go back and spend all my monies there. But alas! The very next year, it was announced that they were closing it permanently, and so now the only thing I have to remind myself of the AC is my brief glimpse inside, and the fond recollections of the internet now that the club is gone.

I've scoured the internet looking for the music, as I love collecting the various Park sounds and this is a gem I've long sought after, but it seems to have vanished with the club itself. Do any of you think you can help my quest?

Kungaloosh!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The Zebra Mezzanine/Main Salon playlist is already online but hidden until I can find the time to get the formatting/links completed. It's definitely coming... I just can't say when it will be ready.

Emcduck

Playlist Author
Gracey said:
That's great news! I'm waiting with baited breath. :)

Thanks!

Don't hold your breath my friend. for many reasons...

One, there is the fact that Jay is just so darn busy. there is a particular list I've looked for, and I'm at years of waiting. That is not a dig at Jay, because I get it.

Two...Frankly, even if one of the big guys gets the time, What incentive do they have with people like Little Ricky and another certain person, who steal their work then making a profit on it?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Emcduck said:
...there is a particular list I've looked for, and I'm at years of waiting.

BoardWalk? I really do need to get that one finished. It's Big Band, my favorite, and as such I already listen to that stuff all of the time. I guess that's why I haven't been in a hurry to work on the playlist. I already listen to a much larger superset of that music on a daily basis.

Emcduck said:
and another certain person

Who would that be?

I'll see what I can do to get the Adventurers Club and the BoardWalk up soon. :)

Paul

I agree. Few years ago Jay requested support for the cost of maintaining this forum. One of the ways to thank him for all he does is to donate to help with the monthly hosting fee. I will donate as soon as I post this.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Paul said:
One of the ways to thank him for all he does is to donate to help with the monthly hosting fee. I will donate as soon as I post this.

Thank you so much, Paul! Your continued support is greatly appreciated! :)