1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Adventurers Club

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Magic Music, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Emcduck

Emcduck Playlist Author

Don't get me wrong, I love the site, and I appreciate every morsel of info put up. I try to help in getting lists to add when I can, but I am still trying to work out just what it is I need to do to get good recordings, and then translate them to put here. Not exactly like there is a how to, on doing this. To make the problem worse, I do not get to WDW as often as I would like, now that I am Alaska. So my trips there are few and far between.

And I have supported the forum, both in Direct donations and in using the referral links when lists are posted. :) I've been a paid member when that was a thing. Heck, I've offered to assist with the website.

None of that doesn't overcome the busy life Jay has, or the behaviors of people like Little Ricky or Davey O.

Boardwalk will be great, (big band is one of my faves as well) But I started inquiring about OKW back in 2010.

2. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

I'll see if I can get to that one first. :)

3. Paul

Paul Active Member

Adventurers Club next please?

4. Paul

Paul Active Member

bump....

DexterRiley likes this.
  5. DexterRiley

DexterRiley New Member

A little amazed that A) I posted this 13 years ago and B) it's still on the front page and C) no one has coughed up a playlist in that time?

6. Magic Music

:ROFL:

The playlist is already here, hidden from view, and waiting for me to find the time to finish with the formatting. I know, what a tease, right? :p

I can use everyone's help on one of the tracks, though...

Benny Goodman performing Stardust. It's a particular version that we need to find... one that starts out with him being introduced on a radio program. I've searched high and low and have so far come up empty-handed. :(

Here's a short clip from my induction recording for anyone who wants to dig in... :whistle:

7. Paul

Paul Active Member

bump ....

8. Magic Music

Have you IDed Stardust for me? :p

9. Paul

Paul Active Member

I cannot get the link to work or my system is blocking it. Is it an issue on my end or has the link died?

10. Magic Music

It's working for me right now. Try it again...

11. Paul

Paul Active Member

I did get it to work. I went through many versions of portions of Benny Goodman playing Stardust. None of them starting from the beginning but the closest I came to the "big band" sound of the clip with the same supporting orchestra style is this link below. If it doesn't match the later portion of your file, let me know and I will keep looking.

https://www.amazon.com/Stardust/dp/...02639&sr=8-19&keywords=benny+goodman+stardust

12. Magic Music

Need the introduction. :whistle:

13. SeaCastle

SeaCastle Premium Member Playlist Author

I think I found the track. It's available on the Internet Archive albeit with a not insignificant amount of tape hiss: Niven Jazz Collection: Benny Goodman Tape 13 (1937-1938) : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive (Clip starts at around 5:40 in the track on Side A).

The recording itself is from the November 16, 1937 Camel Caravan broadcast from the Manhattan Room at the Pennsylvania Hotel. I'm having a hard time finding a cleaner-sounding source. There is a better quality recording available from an August 1937 broadcast, but alas no "Stardust".

I had heard that "Stardust" was one of the most widely recorded songs ever but I was not prepared for how many times a single artist could cover the track with different arrangements!

14. Magic Music

Awesome! That's definitely the right intro/performance. Now we just need to find the correct source.

15. Optimist52

Optimist52 New Member

@Magic Music Do you have the playlist for the Adventurers Club, yet? It's been 3 years. I would like to know for my own Disney Parks' 1930s & 40s Music playlist. It includes Tower of Terror, Sunset Boulevard, Tomorrowland 94, Jungle Cruise, and Indiana Jones Adventure. I would like the Adventurers Club to be a part of that.

16. Optimist52

Optimist52 New Member

Is this it?

17. Optimist52

Optimist52 New Member

18. Magic Music

Perhaps. Assuming Disney edited parts out. Applause isn't a match at all, though.

19. Optimist52

Optimist52 New Member

What did the clip sound like? Did the version on the loop just have applause in the beginning & the end? If so, I might know which version you're referring to.

20. Magic Music

See post #26 above for a clip.