Playlist Adventurers Club

Optimist52

Now, this is my just theory, but it would seem that the Imagineers spliced the beginning of "Intro/Stardust" from Benny Goodman's "Camel Caravan Broadcasts November 16, 1937 - January 3, 1939" with a live recording of Artie Shaw's "Stardust" from "The Uncollected Artie Shaw And His Orchestra Vol. 2, 1938." At least, that's what Shazam is telling me.

The Album is on Apple Music.

Edit: Yeah, it's definitely from "Uncollected V2." The telltale murmuring in the background gives it away.

Last edited:

Optimist52

Perhaps. Assuming Disney edited parts out. Applause isn't a match at all, though.

P.S. I don't know where the applause comes from. Probably a stock clap (or a recording of WDI clapping) added to hide the edit between the two tracks. But it's definitely the Stardust from "Uncollected Vol. 2." I just bought it on iTunes.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
There are a zillion releases of Stardust. It's possible an LP is out there with a track that is already an exact match without having to credit Disney for edits they may not have performed. :cautious:

Optimist52

There are a zillion releases of Stardust. It's possible an LP is out there with a track that is already an exact match without having to credit Disney for edits they may not have performed. :cautious:

Dude, I'm telling you. I Shazam'ed the clip from post #26. It IS Stardust from Uncollected Vol. 2.

Also, it's not like WDI hasn't done this before (Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise), where they edited or spliced songs together with original audio.

P.S. I should also mention both the "Camel Caravan '38-'39" and the "Uncollected Vol. 2." LPs were released in the same time frame (i.e. the 1970s).

Optimist52

Dude, I'm telling you. I Shazam'ed the clip from post #26. It IS Stardust from Uncollected Vol. 2.

Also, it's not like WDI hasn't done this before (Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise), where they edited or spliced songs together with original audio.

P.S. I should also mention both the "Camel Caravan '38-'39" and the "Uncollected Vol. 2." LPs were released in the same time frame (i.e. the 1970s).

Here's the version I'm talking about on YouTube:

Optimist52

OK, I give. I managed to snag a copy of the loop, and I cannot for the life of me figure out the source of Charleston. From the sounds of it, it seems like a fairly recent recording. Have you figured it out the source, @Magic Music?

cm

OK, I give. I managed to snag a copy of the loop, and I cannot for the life of me figure out the source of Charleston. From the sounds of it, it seems like a fairly recent recording. Have you figured it out the source, @Magic Music?

Any hints where a fellow Adventurer might also snag said loop? ;)

Optimist52

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to make a huge redaction on my part. "Stardust (Live)" was NOT taken from "The Uncollected Artie Shaw And His Orchestra Vol. 2, 1938." It, along with "I'm Yours," "What's New," & "I Cover The Waterfront," were actually taken from a 1987 CD titled "22 Original Big-Band Hits." Here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Artie-Shaw-His-Orchestra-Essential/dp/B00E4KUW64/

However, both versions of "Stardust" are sourced from the same recording. You can tell they're the same recording because at about 0:59 seconds into the song a member of the audience makes a hollering noise.

Sorry for the confusion.