The Official Albums for 2008!

Actually, it's not a mistake. It's a secret code!

Is the combination to the vault where I keep all of the Bruce Broughton masters.

Now all you have to do is FIND THE VAULT!

Randy
This must be the plot for the third installment of National Treasure. Think of the product placement possibilities.

WDWGuy08

Pulling On To Disney Property, Now!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

WDWGuy08

Walking In To Randy's Office, Now! He Is Not Here. Looks Like I Can Get Whatever I Want, Off His Computer, HeHe!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Club 33

Playlist Author
Update:

The charge from WDW mail order finally went through. Disney has my money. Now hopefully I should get the CD. Disney says 10-15 days on these things, which considering the $10 shipping is more than reasonable (I assume given that time frame they're shipping media mail, which costs considerably less than $10). For the first CD (MK Party), which they had in stock and shipped immediately, it actually took 3 weeks. And while they have my money, I have no way of knowing if the CD is actually on it's way yet or not.

Worse, I'll be at Disneyland this saturday. While I could just buy the CD there (I even get my AP discount) and then return the mail order one when it gets here, that's an awful lot of work, not to mention I would end up spending even more money on shipping it back and have to submit to more dealings with WDW Mail Order.

I guess I will just have to remain patient. I trust Randy, I know it will be worth it.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I guess I will just have to remain patient. I trust Randy, I know it will be worth it.
The CD is well worth the cost and effort. In fact, I suggest you listen to the CD from start to finish. I haven't done that in a long time and I must say, it was a fantastic listening experience.

Please join my petition to get more CTX music released. I can understand why we can't get the Broughton thing to work, since he is a hack (stealing Bill's words). But this is Bellis. Whose with me?

Got my WDW CD in the mail yesterday. Ironically, I got my "backordered" CD before I got my regular order for other merchandise that I placed at the same time. I got my DL CD last week. I have only listened to one disc of the DL CD yet and I plan to listen to WDW today too. Yours should be coming soon Club 33.

I'm sure you're saying that in your best 'James Brolin' voice! :D

Randy

Joevn

I ended up ordering both OA from Disneyland DelivEARS. I recommend them because their shipping is cheaper ($7.00) and pretty fast (it came in five business days and I'm on the other coast in South Carolina). Just thought I'd let you guys know two things:

1) If you're a Disney Visa card holder, you can get 10% off if your order is $50 or more. These two OA come out to be 49.96 (so close!) so I just ordered a post card and it still came out to be cheaper then just paying regular price plus shipping.

2) Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the Remember Dreams Come True track has the slightly updated Julie Andrews spiel (Ex: "In 1955, a magical place was born" instead of "50 years ago, a magical place was born"). Since I don't have the previous version of the DL OA, I don't know if this was already done then, but it was a nice surprise.

Thanks for the great albums, Randy!
Joe

GarrettJD

Have any WDW locals run across this album yet (consistently) at any store on property? I held off mail-ordering it because I'm headed down to WDW in a couple of weeks. Has anyone seen it at the Emporium? MouseGear? World of Disney? Where's the best place to look?

Dream Theater

Have any WDW locals run across this album yet (consistently) at any store on property? I held off mail-ordering it because I'm headed down to WDW in a couple of weeks. Has anyone seen it at the Emporium? MouseGear? World of Disney? Where's the best place to look?
Yes, it is everywhere now . Last week I had seen it at every country in Epcot, Emporium, Hotels etc.

GarrettJD

Bill said:
Yeah...there were a couple copies floating in Bay Lake yesterday...One in the Swiss Family Treehouse...
If they are still floating in a couple of weeks I might swim for one.

I refuse to climb the Swiss Family Treehouse, though.

Club 33

Playlist Author
My WDW OA finally arrived!

Initial thoughts:

Spaceship Earth - I do like the score, not as much as the old one, but it's VERY Broughton (which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you ask). I find it a little too remeniscent of the EEA score, which I quite like, but for two attractions right next to each other and with very different themes they should seem musically separate.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends- I liked the medley, it's interesting how it compares with the very similar (but different) Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage score- particularly in the EAC section. I found the transition into Big Blue World a bit jarring though, since it just fades in (which is somewhat unusual for the OA medleys) and, while very well edited in and of itself, then just fades out at the end. I do know the reasoning for all of this as explained by Randy, and of course since a loop by it's very nature has no end, I suppose it has to fade out at the end.

O Canada- I really liked the inclusion of the loading music. It makes it more into a proper medley and gives the whole track a grander feel. I like the new recording of O Canada- not as much as the original, but at least it got kept.

Reflections of China- Now this interested me. I have a copy of the complete score, and so several months ago for fun I put together my own medley. It was interesting noting what similarities there were between my version and Randy's; not surprisingly his flows much better, and we did include some of the same queues. It really is a beautiful score, and I'm really happy that it's finally gotten an official medley.

Three Caballeros - I have to say, having ridden the attraction I would not want to be in charge of putting a medley together. That said, I find this medley quite fun, and there's even some dialog in there!

Overall, I really like the new additions, and I like the album as a whole much better than last years. Great job Randy!