Ordering "A Musical History of Disneyland"

Darn you folks living close to the distribution center. I ordered mine Tuesday too, but I'm in California still waiting.

Like your number notion. Don't understand what 1313 is all about, but what about 0717, eh? Personally, I'd like it if mine had that number.

Let me "show off" for a moment! ;)

1313 is the number of the Blvd address for Disneyland!

Gee.... I still haven't received my set!
It might be because I haven't orderd it at all! :D

I was thinking 1313 Mockingbird Lane where the Munsters lived :)

disneyboi81

Got mine today as well #746. It's truely I great set. Thanks so much Randy so all your great work as well as your co-workers. Within minutes, I was crying. I can't wait for my trip this August! Thanks so much!! And much thanks to Walt, may he continue to inspire others to dream!

Phew, that's pretty good, Steve--I'm one of the "monster kids" from the 60's, waiting week to week for the Munsters--but I didn't remember their street address!

Mike

McStennson

Let's see... I ordered my set Tuesday night, a little before 7pm CST and the status went to backorder Thursday (I think). I emailed DisneyDirect last night and here's their response:

------
Thank you for your recent order.

At the present time item #61499, the A Musical History of Disneyland with the Gold Vinyl, is on back order until the end of May. As soon as the merchandise is received in our Distribution Center, it will be shipped.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
-------
I have a lot of choice words going through my head and a lot more coming out of my mouth about this. They don't really think that there will be any left at the end of the month do they?

Any suggestions about what I should do? I'm thinking about cancelling this order and going for the one with the black vinyl, but that one says it'll be shipped in six weeks. The vinyl color is as important to me as having a numbered edition. So either way it'll be at least a month before I get a copy in my grubby little mitts.

As far as DisneyDirect goes, it seems like the best way to deal with them is to continuously call (during the daytime hours of course as the night shift is pretty clueless) until you speak with someone who convinces you he or she knows what he or she it talking about. Then ask them about your order, and see what they tell you. Emailing, dealing with night shift folk, and trying to go in person haven't appeared to have been as successful as actually calling them. Good luck.

bigglesworth003

AAAAAAARGH how frustrating....i ordered mine at 10pm the nite they were available.....in calif and still waiting!

That Sucks!

I ordered mine at the same time and im in Melbourne, Australia I checked www.dhl.com.au with my tracking number and its already at the DHL facilty here in Melbourne, so i will have it first thing tomorrow (monday) morning :D im getting up early and just waiting!

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Ordered on the Tuesday in the UK around 1pm (GMT) and it arrived on the Friday morning Edition number #1134. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. It truely is a great set. Thanks to all those involved with it's production - the accompanying book makes great reading. All I need to do is to save for the other celebratin CDs!

McStennson

I just got off the phone with DisneyDirect and they told me they will be getting more of the set with the gold vinyl in the warehouse about May 18 and one of them is reserved for me!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This month is just gonna draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag on.

KJS

I ordered mine on the phone the evening of the 25th and found out later on that I was put on backorder as well. :mad: However they did assure me it was the gold vinyl one and it would be available at the end of May. Sucks that those of us who got backordered have to wait so long but it will be even sweeter once we get it because of the wait. Plus my birthday is at the end of the month so that will be another gift to look forward to.

susjjan

I live in FL and just got mine from DisneyDirect (ordered via the website)
My number is 2218.

The quality is excellent. I am so impressed. I didn't realized it would come w/ a book. It is very nice.

dalvarad

My box is here in San Diego but for some reason DHL ships it to USPS who then send it out within 2 business days! I could scream because according to the tracking it look like I would get it today....so close and yet so far....anyone else have the same experience?

My box is here in San Diego but for some reason DHL ships it to USPS who then send it out within 2 business days! I could scream because according to the tracking it look like I would get it today....so close and yet so far....anyone else have the same experience?

You just made me look up the status on mine, and I'm in the exact same boat. I just noticed at the bottom the term "DHL/USPS Alliance" on the status report.

I should get it by Wednesday I'm hoping, but if not, it would be ironic if it arrives Thursday. I'll be gone to Disneyland that day.

Mine showed arriving locally at USPS on Friday and then they delivered it on Saturday

I just got a letter today from Disney Direct stating that my set would be shipped around the 18th. Maybe.

I don't care what anyone says, this was very "bad show," although typical for Disneyland.

Oh, and for LESS THAN TWO THOSAND DOLLARS, you can sit in some discussions on the 16th. (They are first-come-first-served, and you may not get to see the one's you wanted to. You will receive a pin, though. Now, back in line and smile. Don't forget, you're enjoying yourself.)

Sorry, I'm just very upset about this.

I ordered mine the morning of 4/26, and it arrived in Portland this morning via DHL; it was then transferred to the USPS this afternoon--my wife says she's familiar with this type of transfer happening. Sooooo, it SHOULD arrive tomorrow.......

Mike

hey michael...same with mine...im in san francisco...i just tracked my dhl... it arrived here today...so it should get delivered tomorrow 5/3...wooo hooo!