Importnat Reserch

Hiya FluppyDog!

It appears that we only released 2 products about the ?Fluppy Dogs?, and they were both Read Alongs ? those are the little Story Books designed to help beginning readers. They were released on both 7? vinyl and cassette. They?re both discontinued, but you may be able to find them at places like eBay (possibly Amazon.com). Below are the titles and the product numbers in hopes that it may make it easier to find.

The titles are:

?Disney?s Fluppy Dogs: Lost and Found Fluppy? LLP 510
includes the song ?Best Friends Stick Together?

?Disney?s Fluppy Dogs: The Happiest Fluppy? LLP 509
includes the song ?Give All You?ve Got?

I don?t believe that the original score was used or whether the songs are actually from the TV series (as admittedly, I?m rather unfamiliar with the show), but the songs were composed Michael and Patty Silversher (?Give All You?ve Got?), and Eric Troyer (?Best Friends Stick Together).

It doesn?t look like these songs were released on anything else, so finding these records would probably be your best bet.

Though these were also released on cassette, I recommend looking for the actual vinyl records, as they probably have stood the test of time better than the old cassettes. But that also depends on if you have a recordplayer.

Hope that helps,
Randy Thornton

FluppyDog

Thank you so much, Randy Thorton!!! You are the best!!! But I am wanting audio and not storybooks so thanks anyway. Also I am building case for my Fluppy Dog collection and it will hold 3 records, not 2, so I need 3. OK?

This is a bit off-topic, but that lunchbox just brought back some memories.

When I was a kid, I had a "BATMAN" (1966) luchbox - the real metal kind. The lid and back's illustrations were embossed into the metal to give it that dimensional look. Loved that thing. Well, quite a few years ago, I was on vacation with some friends and we ended up at this little antique store. While perusing the displays, I came across a "BATMAN" lunchbox like the one I had. A wave of nostalgia crashed over me - all those 'warm fuzzies' came flooding back. It felt really good... until I remembered that I was in an ANTIQUE store. BOFFF! ZOWY! BAM! That hurt.

In other Bat-news - One of the reasons I loved that TV show was George Barris' BATMOBILE. Well, after nearly 40 years of licensing madness (which kept any kind of replica from the marketplace), Hot Wheels has just released a 1:18 scale version of this 'bitchen' car. I bought one. The day it arrived, I opened it up and zoomed it around on the floor while making BATMOBILE sounds. And I'm not ashamed! I'm not. Really. Really.

Barris Batmobile.jpg

Randy

almandot

The lunchbox screams all 80s cartoons ripped off in one rainbow colored poodle-filled cover.... This thread has done an amazing job of destroying my nostalgia that everything disney channel pushed out back then was gold, though then again they seem to have slammed on the brakes pretty hard with this so I'll give them that ;)

/nanananananananana leader.... nananananananana leader.... leaaaader, leaaader, leaaader

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
When I was a kid, I had a "BATMAN" (1966) luchbox - the real metal kind.
Me, too! Here's a fairly decent photo of one:

Batman-and-Robin-Vintage-1966-Lunch-Box-lunch-boxes-2395700-500-400.jpg

after nearly 40 years of licensing madness
I wish they'd get over the licensing madness that has kept full seasons of the TV show off of DVD. :mad:

At least I've got Batman: The Movie [Blu-ray] (1966) already headed my way.

You gotta love the scene where the rubber shark is biting Batman while he's hanging from the Batcopter. ;)

Hand me down the Shark Repellent Bat Spray!

Hot Wheels has just released a 1:18 scale version of this 'bitchen' car.
I'm holding out for the 400+ parts "Super Elite" version.

I opened it up and zoomed it around on the floor while making BATMOBILE sounds. And I'm not ashamed!
You should be ashamed for opening it up! :eek:

If you haven't already done so, check out the Pimp My Batmobile! website. And people think us Disney Music fans are wackjobs?! ;)

On the subject of Barris' creations, I was always partial to the Boot Hill Express and the Munsters Coach.

Around nine or ten years ago, I found out the Boot Hill Express had sold at auction for $33K. I had lost more than that in the stock market that same year. Had I known about the auction, that vehicle would have been mine!

Boothill-express.jpg

Gurgitoy2

"I wish they'd get over the licensing madness that has kept full seasons of the TV show off of DVD. "

Tell me about it! I've been waiting and waiting for this to clear up. We can only console ourselves with the movie so far...

Gurgitoy2

Hiya FluppyDog!

It appears that we only released 2 products about the "Fluppy Dogs", and they were both Read Alongs ? those are the little Story Books designed to help beginning readers. They were released on both 7" vinyl and cassette. They're both discontinued, but you may be able to find them at places like eBay (possibly Amazon.com). Below are the titles and the product numbers in hopes that it may make it easier to find.

The titles are:

"Disney's Fluppy Dogs: Lost and Found Fluppy" LLP 510
includes the song "Give All You've Got"

"Disney's Fluppy Dogs: The Happiest Fluppy" LLP 509
includes the song "Best Friends Stick Together"

I don't believe that the original score was used or whether the songs are actually from the TV series (as admittedly, I'm rather unfamiliar with the show), but the songs were composed Michael and Patty Silversher ("Give All You've Got"), and Eric Troyer ("Best Friends Stick Together).

It doesn't look like these songs were released on anything else, so finding these records would probably be your best bet.

Though these were also released on cassette, I recommend looking for the actual vinyl records, as they probably have stood the test of time better than the old cassettes. But that also depends on if you have a recordplayer.

Hope that helps,
Randy Thornton
Hey, Randy, I think "Give All You've Got" was released before. It's not anything having to do with Fluppy Dogs, but was released on the "Totally Minnie" album. It was the last song on that LP, I believe. I don't know if the read-along version is the same track, or a re-recording without Mickey, Minnie, & the gang, but I'd be willing to bet it's the same song...

When I was a kid, I had a "BATMAN" (1966) luchbox - the real metal kind. The lid and back's illustrations were embossed into the metal to give it that dimensional look. Loved that thing. Well, quite a few years ago, I was on vacation with some friends and we ended up at this little antique store. While perusing the displays, I came across a "BATMAN" lunchbox like the one I had. A wave of nostalgia crashed over me - all those 'warm fuzzies' came flooding back. It felt really good... until I remembered that I was in an ANTIQUE store. BOFFF! ZOWY! BAM! That hurt.
You were rich! All my lunches came in paper bags!

Gurgitoy2

"You were rich! All my lunches came in paper bags!"

Mine would have too, except that I got my sisters hand-me-down Snoopy metal lunchbox. I actually really liked it, until the school bully took it and stomped on it and broke it in pieces. That turned out to be good though, because his mother made him buy me another one, so I ended up getting a brand new Return of the Jedi lunchbox instead, which was WAY better than Snoopy!!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I ended up getting a brand new Return of the Jedi lunchbox instead, which was WAY better than Snoopy!!
I don't know... after the nightmare that was Episodes I, II, and III...

I might be wishing I still had the Snoopy lunch box! ;)

Especially if you're talking about the 1959 model.

original.png

I made a mistake in listing which songs were on the "Fluppy Dogs" Read Alongs. I went back and made the correction. ;) Ooops.

Ben C. ? You are correct! Thanks for pointing that out to me. "Give All You Got" is on "Totally Minnie". It appears that the version for "Fluppy Dogs: The Happiest Fluppy" is the original, and Mickey and the Gang were added for the "Totally Minnie" version. Great catch.

Pigs On the Wing ? That's the one! That is the lunchbox I had!
I just recently found 'Pimp My Batmobile'. My first thought when I saw the site was "Oooh, cool!" But the more I looked at it, the more it seemed to look like a toy. I know, it IS a toy, but the LEDs they added seemed too bright. Obviously a photo can exaggerate that, but somehow the 'wow factor' diminished for me. Now the 400+ "Super Elite" you spoke of, is that the high-end display that Hot Wheels is releasing (the cold-cast porcelain) with lights and sounds? Or is it another one that I may be FORCED to get?

Wow, looks like the Shark Jumped Batman! Bad um pa?. Get it? Jump the shark, shark jump? [crickets]. Moving on?

Luckily for me, George Barris' shop is just down the street from my office. I haven't gone in yet, but I understand that there is going to be a car rally/show here sometime this month, and Barris is bringing out several of his cars for the show.

Now if you're interested in The Gummi Bears, a number of their songs are on "The Disney Afternoon" album that's available on iTunes.

Thanks for the info, and acting as a de-facto Batmemorabilia support group!

Randy

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I just recently found 'Pimp My Batmobile'. My first thought when I saw the site was "Oooh, cool!" But the more I looked at it, the more it seemed to look like a toy.
If you register on the site, you can look at the products they have for sale, including some pretty cool seated Batman and Robin figures that fit into the 1:18 model. I agree about the LED lights. On the other hand, someone sold a totally "pimped out" Batmobile on eBay for $695, so I guess others would disagree with us.

Now the 400+ "Super Elite" you spoke of, is that the high-end display that Hot Wheels is releasing (the cold-cast porcelain) with lights and sounds? Or is it another one that I may be FORCED to get?
No, it's not porcelain. It's a high-end version of the diecast model. I don't know which one you purchased, but there is a low-end 1:18 "Standard" model, a middle-of-the-line 1:18 "Elite" model, and a top-of-the-line 1:18 "Super Elite" model.

The Super Elite model is the most highly detailed, with over 400 parts, and is supposed to be individually serialized, etc. Originally, it was to be produced in a limited edition of 1966, but Mattel apparently over sold it, and no one knows how many ended up being made. The Super Elite model sells for around $279-$299.

You can find out more than you ever wanted to know at:

http://1966batvehicles.yuku.com/

Do you know about the Batgirl Cycle (Fluppy Dogs figure not included) coming out at SD Comic-Con? It will be part of a 1:50 scale 3-pack that will also include the '66 Batmobile and Batcycle.

Gurgitoy2

"Now if you?re interested in The Gummi Bears, a number of their songs are on ?The Disney Afternoon? album that?s available on iTunes."

Well, I got a jump on that one when the album was new and the Disney Afternoon was still on the air!

David S.

I would also like to see the Batman series on DVD.

One of my favorite moments is an episode where the commisioner is talking to "Batman" on the batphone and then he decides to call Bruce Wayne at the same time on a different line. So Adam West (as Bruce) is holding up a phone to each ear and as the commisioner goes back and forth between the two calls, West is talking on both in EXACTLY the same voice! Yet the commisioner is still CLUELESS!

Then I think the commisioner wants Batman and Bruce to talk about something, so he holds the two phones in his office together and Batman/Bruce ends up talking to himself! Classic, funny stuff.

And of course the "some days you can never get rid of a bomb!" scene in the movie cracks me up everytime.

Speaking of lunchboxes, I have a WDW one from when I was little and there is one EXACTLY like it on display in the Walt Disney: One Man's Dream exhibit at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I also have the original Magic Kingdom map and set of 4 storybooks from that display.

That exhibit is AWESOME and more than makes up for losing Walt Disney Story on Main Street, IMO, as this one is more comphrehensive with more memorabilia if I'm not mistaken.

almandot

My favorite part about the old Batman show was watching the opening credits just to see if Batgirl rode by on her motorcycle at the end meaning if she'd be in the show or not. =P They used to show it every afternoon after daycamp was over and we were waiting a long while to get picked up. I'd always watch the episode, see To Be Continued, watch again the next day and it'd never be part 2 so I could never see how the episode finished. Then after a couple weeks I stayed in the room a little longer after the episode finished and KABLAM! the Part 2 episode started right afterwards. Holy humiliation Batman!