i hope someone listens to this

bbowling

Ok let me get on my soap box and hope someone at WDW managment hears this.I know how to keep the carousel of progress and put in the flying saucers.First i know they say addentance is down at the old carousel of progress but you can change that simply fix up the outside make it fit in with the rest of tomorrowland.also make the space mountain que line go that way cause thats why the carousel was put there is to help the space mt. overflow.also put posters for it under the main street railroad and maybe near the timekeeper too.As for the flying saucers put them where the tomorrowland stage is.That stage is a waste of space and the shows are really not that good there.Taking away the carousel of progress would be a tragic end to the history of the disney theme parks.It's one of the only rides left that walt really had a hand in and it should stay as a reminder of the great man because if there was no walt disney the managment would not have a job would they.I'm tired of the past being erased because some teenager they polled who has only been there once said it was boring.They should listen to us who go every year and love the true disney rides and not some cheep thrill rides any two-bit park can do.So i hope dear readers that one of you know someone to forward this message to at walt disney world .I'll even meet with them if they want cause i'm really passiante about this.I've majored in walt disney in collage and it does pain me to see some greedy eyes managment people take away a true disney ride.Lets save this ride for everyone to enjoy and not end up like what happen to poor figment and dreamfinder.We disney fans have a voice and we must scream to let them know that we do matter cause in the long run we spend more money then some teenager on spring break.

Thanks for listening
bbowling

Gurgitoy2

I do think that the Carousel of Progress has done all it can at WDW though...however...what if it were to go back to Disneyland? I mean they're really having problems with Disneyland's Innoventions, and the theater-go-round is still functioning. It would require them to re-install, and get the theater back up to the show's normal state, but I'm sure it wouldn't cost nearly as much as building a completely new attraction there.

It would probably draw bigger crowds there anyway since it hasn't been seen at Disneyland since the 1970's. And since Disneyland thrives off of the locals more than WDW does, I'm sure many people would enjoy having it back. It doesn't have to stay at Disneyland forever either, just until they do something about the theme of Tomorrowland.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Gurgitoy2

Also...they wouldn't even have to do anything to the outside of the building either, since it's pretty attractive now. They would just have to take down the Innoventions banners and either have nothing, or make Carousel of Progress banners to replace them.

So the cost would only be to change out the inside.

Gurgitoy2

Sorry to keep on about this...but I though of something else.

This would be a great thing for them to do for Disneyland's 50th...since they missed the opportunity for Walt's 100th. And since Tomorrowland is getting the Submarine Voyage back, and possibly "American Journeys" or some other new Circlevision movie, Tomorrowland could really have stuff to do again. It would certainly cost them much less to do that than to re-do all the classic E-tickets (which they budgeteered away anyway).

BLM07

And what does this have to do with music?

I see other stuff on this forum that has nothing to do with music.

SharonKurland

Well, the COP has music in it. Two versions. And if it were run at WDW more often, people would sing the song. And if it got shipped to DL, even MORE people would sing the song. And what's more, while the workers were dismantling/shipping/reconstructing the COP, they would undoubtedly have a radio on, with music.

Neener, neener, neener

-Sharon-

Scott

And what does this have to do with music?

I see other stuff on this forum that has nothing to do with music.

You're right--I don't know what any of that is doing here either.

In this particular instance, this was the thread on top, so instead of posting the same question in each of those threads, I was hoping one reminder might suffice.

Scott

I'm sorry, Scott, maybe I'm missing something...reminder of what?

Of what this discussion forum is supposed to be about--Disney music.

From the site's home page:

Disney Music Discussion Forum
Fans from around the world post messages about the lastest Disney music and Walt Disney Records news. Ask questions or sell your Disney
CDs and tapes here!

From the top level of the forum:

Feel free to talk about anything and everything related to Disney music in this board.

There wasn't word one about music in this thread when I asked my question. Y'know, if the whining had at least been peppered with a "Disney should do this, because the music in Disneyland's Tomorrowland is pretty lame, and this would allow them to re-use a classic song" or something, then I've at least got to respect the effort. But this didn't even come close--and there are a *lot* of posts here like that as well.

There are lots of other sites and discussion groups that are all about people whining and complaining about every little decision Disney makes (and plenty that they haven't, but that people who can't tell the difference between rumors and fact treat as gospel). I make a conscious effort to stay away from those. I come here because, in the past, this has been a valuable source of information. I'd hate to leave, because even now some great info still manages to pop through the muck. But it's becoming a lot more noise, and a lot less signal...

BLM07

I feel what you have to say man, I come to this forum to hear the news on music, I don't mind if there is a off topic thread, unless its a completely stupid thing.

Gurgitoy2

Well, when you find music related subjects to post about on a daily basis, then by all means!

Has it really seemed that bad to you? I don't know, but despite the occasional off-topic thread, I have to say that this forum is still pretty on target, in my opinion. However, I guess everybody has their own tolerance levels, so to each his own...

And, yes, maybe this particular thread was loosely tied to music, but I inferred from his posting here that he was also concerned about the music being gone too. My postings were trying to put a positive spin on it, and give some helpful ideas for the possible future. At least I didn't post to whine about how off-topic it was...

Gurgitoy2

And...you posted the "credo" yourself, that stated...

"Feel free to talk about anything and everything RELATED to Disney music in this board."

I did feel this thread was related to Disney Music, sorry.

Scott

Related to Disney music how? Not once was music mentioned. The idea was brought up in response to someone's favorite attraction having gone seasonal, and continued *unverified* rumors of its demise. Music had no part in the discussion at all.

On second thought, don't even both answering--your other comment:

> At least I didn't post to whine about how off-topic it was...

shows that my thought and opinions, and those of people who actually come here to read about _music_, are clearly no longer wanted here.

SharonKurland

Is there anyone here who enjoys ONLY Disney MUSIC and not the Disney movies, parks and attractions, in and of themselves? Discussing something that's not directly related to Disney music just shows well-roundedness and broad interests...what's so wrong about that? Are we THAT anal-retentive?

-Sharon-

Related to Disney music how? Not once was music mentioned. The idea was brought up in response to someone's favorite attraction having gone seasonal, and continued *unverified* rumors of its demise. Music had no part in the discussion at all.

On second thought, don't even both answering--your other comment:

> At least I didn't post to whine about how off-topic it was...

shows that my thought and opinions, and those of people who actually come here to read about _music_, are clearly no longer wanted here.

Geez is it that hard not to read a thread if it doesnt interest you? There has been very little regarding disney music to discuss on this board in awhile. At least some people are still coming here. I am happy to see any discussions on this board no matter what they are. Its not like the posts are being emailed to anybodys inbox. If something doesnt interest me I just skip it.

bbowling

you are all a bunch of cry babys.All i wanted to do is get a point out there that this is just the start of something bigger at disney that with the closing of this ride the song goes next it's the the back ground music and so on and so on until anything that walt had a part in as like putting music everywhere in the parks cause the song is what you take home whistling.The people at disney wont be happy til any reminders of walt are gone and the rename the park the world or as in ca the land.But you took a point about one thing and blew it up into your own little whine.so don't called the kettle black

Gurgitoy2

Yes...they end things that run on, and on, and on...

Seems like those could be used in MANY places...

As Todd Rundgren said....

I'm in the clique....

OK maybe if we have nothing related to Disney Music to discuss, we could always tell little in-jokes that only a blessed few can comprehend.

For instance everyones favorite topic...Jeff & Bean Counter's Own Topic is now relegated to page 3.

Whats with that anyway?