CD   iTunes   MP3 

31bG-9iw8CL._AC_US80_.jpg
03. Tutti Flutti 3:27
Steve Kujala
Fresh Flute
 CD 

Read more about this playlist...

spence2015

Is there any area music in the Contemporary Resort? I don't recall any in the lobby or the 4th floor shopping/restaurant area. If not this would be one of the few areas in WDW without music.

Yes, I worked there for 3 years, there is definitely music. It's hard to hear in the lobby because its usually loud, same with the Grand Canyon Concourse. You can usually hear it pretty good in the Porte-cochere, and in the elevator areas between the Bay Lake and Kingdom sides. I seem to remember it being similar to the 1992 Tomorrowland loop, not sure though, it's been a while. Best time to hear it as at night in the lobby, or in the convention center.

Supernova

Interesting question. That's one resort that I've never associated with music. Glad someone else asked it, and that someone had an answer. I have a ton of music, but nothing at all from the Contemporary, nor have I seen any out there so far.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Actually the 1990s! Not that that is much better.

This is being worked on. The Contempo has at least 4 music loops- an interior loop and an exterior loop, plus the California Grill and The Wave each have their own loops as well.

The interior loop is basically a Best Of (Worst Of?) 1990s smooth jazz. Nearly all of the tracks have been identified but the complete sequence isn't yet known- a playlist containing all of the tracks runs 5:00:35 which gives you a hint as to why a complete recording of the loop has yet to be made. Some of the tracks are edited but nevertheless the complete loop probably runs somewhere in the neighborhood of 4+ hours. I recently came across an induction recording of unknown origin which runs just over an hour, and includes the last 2 tracks of the loop, the restart, and the first 12 tracks of the loop. Sometime this year my friend and I are planning to take the plunge and sit in there for 5 hours while we put all of the tracks in sequence and determine the edits.

Well... at least it isn't in alphabetical order (although the order does feature some odd groupings, with tracks from the same album often appearing close together in the loop).

The Contempo does also have a Christmas loop, which draws from the same albums as Jay's Favorite, the Yacht and Beach Club Christmas loop.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Sometime this year my friend and I are planning to take the plunge and sit in there for 5 hours while we put all of the tracks in sequence and determine the edits.

Have you found an accessible speaker? Any of the restrooms?

a playlist containing all of the tracks runs 5:00:35 which gives you a hint as to why a complete recording of the loop has yet to be made.

I could probably be bribed into taking this on with a Premium Membership or two. :D

Paul

I'll take you up on that! I appreciate all the great information from this site. I have been a "lurker" on the forum since the late 1990's and have been amazed by Trent's and then Jay's efforts to keep things going. So here is one premium membership!

Heh. Yeah, for Interior, I'll probably have to find a "throne" to sit on. :unsure:

This actually made me LOL. In the literal sense of LOL.

That and trying to figure out which is a worse day for Jay: perching atop a throne in the Contempo BA or riding the Pop bus for 6 hours straight.
They both provide a multisensory experience :)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Project: Contemporary will commence later today. :ninja:

First, though, are my Detroit Tigers vs. Atlanta Braves at ESPN Wild World of Sports.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Project: Contemporary will commence later today. :ninja:

First, though, are my Detroit Tigers vs. Atlanta Braves at ESPN Wild World of Sports.

Well, you've got 59 tracks to ID (assuming you're doing the interior). Good luck...

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Coming on nicely I see. That shows the benefits of becoming a Premium Member and seeing that little bit "more" ;)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Do you happen to have a list for the interior?

I ended up moving to D.C. before I was able to get around to completing the interior. I'm back in Orlando now, so it's something I can put back onto my "To Do" list. ;)

I will head over to the Contemporary sometime this weekend to take a quick look around. :whistle: