1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Wilderness Lodge

Music loop playlist

1. thx99

thx99 Real-life Harry Caul Moderator Playlist Author

My blog entry for the playlist of this loop can be found [entry=303]HERE[/entry]. As Horizons pointed out above, there are four snippets from Copland's Billy the Kid ballet suite featured in the loop, as follows:

[​IMG]
    06. Billy the Kid - "Street in a Frontier Town" ≈1:52
    Leonard Bernstein & New York Philharmonic
    Bernstein Century - Copland
    CD   iTunes   MP3 

[​IMG]
    11. Billy the Kid - "Introduction: The Open Prairie" 3:13
    CD   iTunes   MP3 

[​IMG]
    12. Billy the Kid - "The Open Prairie Again" 1:47
    CD   iTunes   MP3 

[​IMG]
    13. Billy the Kid - "Prairie Night (Card Game at Night)" ≈3:05
    CD   iTunes   MP3 

From your description, I would venture to say that the segment you're looking for is "Prairie Night (Card Game at Night)". I've attached a 30-second mp3 file of the portion I think you're referring to.

[Attachment removed. —Admin]

2. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Many thanks for all of the great information you provided! The snipped you linked isn't the one I'm thinking of. I heard the track one time on an internet station and wrote down the name. I need to go back and find that paper. Then find the track :)

3. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

I'd suggest going through the playlist again and finding clips on the likes of Amazon again until one says "ooh, that's it". It may be that it's a later section in that the clip (so no horn).
    If you think it "may be" on another listen, buy the track and play it all the way through. Billy the Kid has lots of sections to is as I'm sure you know.
    Personally that's one CD you really should have anyway.
    It is always possible that there is more than one loop but you should notice a difference, not just one track - that would be unusual.
    Do tell us if you find that paper!

4. thx99

thx99 Real-life Harry Caul Moderator Playlist Author

I should have asked this before... when you said you "remember the sound of a horn in the middle of it", what kind of "horn" did you mean? I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that "horn" meant trumpet or other brass instrument, but did you really mean something like a "car horn" instead?

Also, is the piece upbeat or slower in tempo?

5. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

Or even a bugle maybe? Like a cavalry charge?
    I'm curious now. (Trying to keep the cowboy theme).

6. drnilescrane

drnilescrane New Member

I was walking through the lobby of the Lodge late this evening to return to my car and noticed that the main title from "The American President" was playing in what has been described as Zone 1. Late last year I spent a bit of time around the resort during the day and I know the loop that Horizons has put together was correct as of then (I was there often enough to develop Stockholm syndrome and seek it out). I was tired and only stuck around for another 15 mins, but in that time I heard:

Main Title, Marc Shaiman - The American President
    An Outdoor Overture, Gerard Schwartz - Portraits of Freedom
    Unknown
    Main Title, Thomas Newman - Little Women

A theory? My friend who worked at the front desk of the lodge for a while insisted the place had separate AM and PM loops, but I've never heard it firsthand and it would be unlike WDW.

As an aside, the entire primary zone at the Contemporary is silent at the moment which makes the place feel rather dead.

7. Paul

Paul Active Member

Has anyone else noticed a "PM" loop. I haven't stayed there in a few years so I haven't had a reason to be in the lobby at night. I cannot find any other references to this. Is it new?

8. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

I doubt there is a PM loop. More likely is that they've gone digital and have an entirely new and most likely longer loop. If someone else doesn't beat me to it, I will check it out when I'm in back in the area in May.

9. Paul

Paul Active Member

With vacation time starting, has anyone had a chance to notice the music in the lobby?

10. Magic Music

I was able to check out the loop back in May. There is no "PM" loop. What they've done is to destroy the Wilderness Lodge loop in the same way they've ruined the Grand Floridian loop. Some idiot has added a second CD worth of music at both resorts. The original Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian loops are still intact, but additional music has been tacked onto the end of them. :(

11. Paul

Paul Active Member

Thank you for checking. At least the original loop is still there - it really sets the mood for the lobby (I guess only 1/2 the time now). I wonder who makes these decisions?

12. Paul

Paul Active Member

Any other new tracks identified?

13. Magic Music

In the process of formatting this playlist for the new Playlist Manager, I discovered that "Grand Panorama" can no longer be found on the JW Media Music website. I did find it here, though:

Grand Panorama | Global View | Ring Musik GmbH