Wilderness Lodge

Playlist Wilderness Lodge

Horizons

Playlist Author
A few weeks ago I spoke with one of the managers at the Wilderness Lodge and handed him a copy of my playlist and asked if he could find someone to provide information on the one missing track. This morning, to my surprise, he sent me an email with complete playlists for the Lobby, the Territory Lounge (which I assume to be Artist Point) and a few other items.

The playlists only provide track names, no artist or CD information is provided. The list for the Lobby is correct (the start of the loop is Big Country as Jay suggested). However, the missing track is stated to be Grand Panorama. This track was also listed on the old playlist that the front desk was (and may still be) passing out. This list stated the song was composed by Ferde Grofe and is from the "Grand Canyon Suite." However, as far as I can tell, there is no song with the title Grand Panorama included in the suite. I listened to several 30 second clips of the Grand Canyon Suite on iTunes and, so far, I am not hearing the song. Perhaps I just need to purchase the entire suite and see if the track is cut from one of the other tracks.

Does anyone have any ideas or information to share?

Casamir67

The playlists only provide track names, no artist or CD information is provided. The list for the Lobby is correct (the start of the loop is Big Country as Jay suggested). However, the missing track is stated to be Grand Panorama. This track was also listed on the old playlist that the front desk was (and may still be) passing out. This list stated the song was composed by Ferde Grofe and is from the "Grand Canyon Suite." However, as far as I can tell, there is no song with the title Grand Panorama included in the suite. I listened to several 30 second clips of the Grand Canyon Suite on iTunes and, so far, I am not hearing the song. Perhaps I just need to purchase the entire suite and see if the track is cut from one of the other tracks.

Does anyone have any ideas or information to share?
I have the CD "Grofe: Orchestral Works" which contains the Grand Canyon Suite, as well as the Niagra Falls and Mississippi Suites, and the unknown track is definitely not part of any of them, not even in the same style as any of them. Unfortunately I can't help with identifying it any better than that. But, to me it sounds like it might be a theme song from one of Disney's True Life Adventures possibly (gonna have to watch 'em again maybe to see :(

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have the CD "Grofe: Orchestral Works" which contains the Grand Canyon Suite, as well as the Niagra Falls and Mississippi Suites, and the unknown track is definitely not part of any of them, not even in the same style as any of them. Unfortunately I can't help with identifying it any better than that. But, to me it sounds like it might be a theme song from one of Disney's True Life Adventures possibly (gonna have to watch 'em again maybe to see :(
I purchased the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra version of the Grand Canyon Suite and the unknown track is definitely not part of it. It's weird that the entire Lobby playlist is accurate except for this one song. The previous playlist that was being handed out, which I guess corresponded to the previous version of the loop, was pretty much incorrect in a number of instances. I asked the manager to go back and see if he could obtain any other information about this one song, including what CD was used. Hopefully he is able to solve the mystery.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
This list stated the song ["Grand Panorama"] was composed by Ferde Grofe and is from the "Grand Canyon Suite."
The five movements of Grand Canyon Suite are entitled "Sunrise," "Painted Desert," "On the Trail," "Sunset," and "Cloudburst." There is no "Grand Panorama."

An ASCAP search turns up two listings for "Grand Panorama," one by "Philipp Ludo," and the other by "Campbell John Bruce," but I can find no actual recordings by that name anywhere.

The list for the Lobby is correct (the start of the loop is Big Country as Jay suggested). However, the missing track is stated to be Grand Panorama. This track was also listed on the old playlist that the front desk was (and may still be) passing out. This list stated the song was composed by Ferde Grofe and is from the "Grand Canyon Suite." However, as far as I can tell, there is no song with the title Grand Panorama included in the suite. I listened to several 30 second clips of the Grand Canyon Suite on iTunes and, so far, I am not hearing the song. Perhaps I just need to purchase the entire suite and see if the track is cut from one of the other tracks.
Got me thinking and I have a wild idea of what "Grand Panarama" might be.....how about the mix used in Disneyland's Grand Canyon/Primeval World? (told you it was wild :( )

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
THE MYSTERY OF TRACK 15 HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!

It's "Grand Panorama" composed by Bruce Campbell for the JW Media Music library, and released on their CD titled "Global View" (JW2017).
Here's the CD information page with an audition feature: Global View / JW2017

(Thank god, I can't sleep peacefully now!! This track has bugged me for months!!)

Horizons

Playlist Author
thx99 said:

It's "Grand Panorama" composed by Bruce Campbell for the JW Media Music library, and released on their CD titled "Global View" (JW2017).

(Thank god, I can't sleep peacefully now!! This track has bugged me for months!!)
EXCELLENT NEWS! I have another project you can help me with if you have time. I'm working on the interior music used at The Land. It's all film score related and I think I have a complete list together. I just need clarification on a few tracks.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
thx99 said:
Remember, we're dealing with DJ LMNOP, so it's actually [post=27107]Track 07[/post]. :confused:
thx99 said:
It's "Grand Panorama" composed by Bruce Campbell...
Heh, the 2nd ASCAP search result [post=29305]above[/post] turned out to be correct! It's a match, alright! :cool:
thx99 said:
They stream the entire track on that page...so you can pull the MP3 right out of your cache. A good thing, too, since I don't see an easy way to actually purchase the track or the CD.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I have another project you can help me with if you have time. I'm working on the interior music used at The Land. It's all film score related and I think I have a complete list together. I just need clarification on a few tracks.
Sure! I'd love to help...

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Jay said:
Remember, we're dealing with DJ LMNOP, so it's actually [post=27107]Track 07[/post]. :confused:
Whichever...
Jay said:
Heh, the 2nd ASCAP search result [post=29305]above[/post] turned out to be correct! It's a match, alright! :cool:
Ah, hadn't seen your previous post but rather had done an independent ASCAP search which netted the same results and led me to the Campbell track.
Jay said:
They stream the entire track on that page...so you can pull the MP3 right out of your cache. A good thing, too, since I don't see an easy way to actually purchase the track or the CD.
Yes, noticed that. Very nice of them to accomodate us. ;)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Congratulations for finding that track. I suppose it sounded so familiar to me because it's part of the loop.
What an obscure source.
Google only brings up the details for that site.
Well done guys.

Paul

The Wilderness Lodge Area Music has a few different playlists circulating on various sites. Recently this discussion board compiled the 17 song lobby list. These are the songs I have always heard in the lobby. The other longer lists ... are they old lists or are they from other areas of the Lodge or pool area?

WL Lobby Music.jpg

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have no proof, but I was told the list you posted was the prior (original) loop. I have recordings of the pool loop, but it's on shuffle and the 5 or so hours I have so far isn't the entire loop. I have no desire to get more because the musical style is completely different.

Fort Wilderness has a loop playing at the marina that also includes western themed music. They need to move this to the Wilderness Lodge pool.

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
This is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Wilderness Lodge is a case where there are two CDs in the loop and at some point they just stopped playing one of them. What is currently identified as the Wilderness Lodge lobby loop contains half of what is present in the playlist in the initial post.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
This is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Wilderness Lodge is a case where there are two CDs in the loop and at some point they just stopped playing one of them. What is currently identified as the Wilderness Lodge lobby loop contains half of what is present in the playlist in the initial post.
Can't be. Remember, the current WL lobby loop is a product of DJ LMNOP. If it was half of a two-disc set, the tracks would run A-M or N-Z (like some of the AKL loops), but they run A-Z, so this had to be planned as a single-disc loop.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Can't be. Remember, the current WL lobby loop is a product of DJ LMNOP. If it was half of a two-disc set, the tracks would run A-M or N-Z (like some of the AKL loops), but they run A-Z, so this had to be planned as a single-disc loop.
Either that or LMNOP is messing with us! :eek:

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Or both CDs were separately LMNOP'ed! ;)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Or both CDs were separately LMNOP'ed! ;)
There are separate A-Z CDs in use at Old Key West, so it is not out of the realm of possibility, but every other multi-disc LMNOP job that I have seen has been split into separate parts of the alphabet (e.g., A-H, I-P, Q-Z).

As the track listing on the Guest Services handout is not in any sort of alphabetical order, be it one long A-Z list, or two A-Z columns, I would say that it most likely represents the actual playing order of the original loop, and that we can rule out any possibility that what we are hearing today is the result of someone having removed one CD from an original set of two.

Supernova

Walking into this thread a year late (wow, nearly exactly a year). I tried scrolling through previous posts here but didn't spot it immediately, so I'll try posting here. There is one piece of Wilderness Lodge music that I never hear as part of the loop. Again, maybe there are different loops and they only play one on most of the 'loop' tunes on internet radio, including the ones I have. But I believe it's from Billy the Kid. For some reason, it is the one piece of music I always identify with the lobby, but I've gone through the loop I have and it's not part of it. I just remember the sound of a horn in the middle of it. I know it's a bit vague, but that's the best I can do as far as a description goes. Ugh.

Horizons

Playlist Author
There are several songs in the current loop from Copeland: Rodeo & Billy the Kid performed by Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. Did you happen to review samples from these songs? I believe thx99 posted the playlist with links in the playlist section.