"Mary Poppins Special Edition Soundtrack" Released on 11/16

andymarshall

When i saw Mary Poppins (at the age of 9) here in the UK, there was definitely an interval, which, if I remember correctly, was after "Stay Awake".

AM

Technirama70

well Santa Claus finally got my letter for this soundtrack release since I sent it, well many, many years ago!

THANK YOU RANDY!

If you have some free time on your hands, please don't make us wait until the 40th Anniversary of BEDKNOBS & BROOMSTICKS to get a soundtrack like MARY POPPINS. While not as popular, I think it has gained a popular following, especially since it's latest restored release.

But, don't give up on the Wonderland releases either, that was my other request to Santa that finally came about - and I enjoy what has been released so far more than I can say.

Well keep up the good work! YOU ARE MY HERO!

shicorp

Sorry, for bringing this topic up again. But the thing is, that I received my copy of this deluxe edition yesterday.

The underscore is really outstanding (thanks that Disney cares for bringing this all to the public). Unfortunately, I had to notice, that the Overture still remains edited. I thought, this bug would be fixed with this release, but unfortunately, the LP version still runs for about one minute longer. Has anybody else noticed that?

Maybe the 50TH anniversary edition will finally give us this missing music in glorious sound. Until then, we will have to listen to the LP or the somewhat unlistenable unofficial LP-to-CD-transfer.

B000027QKT.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

X-S Tech

Actually shicorp, Randy cleared this up some time ago. I don't remember if it was this post or anotehr MP one, but anyway: Basically that extra piece that was on the LP Overture was never used in any prints of the film. It was recorded but not used. It's also not officially intermission music. I'll look for that post for the exact details.

It should also be noted, "shicorp", that I packed the disc to the limit. There is only 12 seconds left to spare on the disc, and with the "Overture Tag' running 1:30, I was left with the choice of removing 1:30 of score that was in the film to make room for music that was not ? to include an obscure piece that the general public wouldn't notice or even recognize (as the "Overture Tag" was only released on an album that was discontinued 20 years ago) or remain faithful to the film. I chose to remain faithful to the film. And, as I mentioned in the post X-S Tech linked, I liked the transition better as it appears.

Randy Thornton

shicorp

Hello Randy!

I didn't want to upset you. You and your team have done great work with the "Mary Poppins" set and with all the other great Disney music albums.

Perhaps the mentioned sequence will be available, once the CD limitations are no longer are problem for music producers. This may already be by the next time, the Poppins soundtrack gets re-issued. Who knows?

Best regards,

Stefan Huber