1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Wagner Reel-to-Reel Collection

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by makeminemusic, May 25, 2010.

1. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

I think Jack or someone else transfered these from reel to reel, to cassettes, probably before PC/Digital/CD and then later the cassettes were made into mp3. I do not know who has those cassettes, or if they were in with the rest of items that were accidently thrown away, but someone made a 2 CD tribute set of which I have been given a copy. Some of the music on the CDs is from the reels I have and I have transferred them direct from the reels so the sound is much better (ex:Mickey's 50th Birthday, Monorail French).

I am just as surprised that a lot of this material is not out there already. I will get as much posted as I can so more can enjoy. Then it's time for me to get back to recording my vinyl collection. B)

2. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

I am pretty sure this was a special fireworks show as Jack was counting on one track and this was on the other.

Disneyland 25th Night 1980

3. Timekeeper

Timekeeper Member

Just a question: where can one find this stuff? I know ether record stores or that lucky snag at the garage sale, but is there any place else? (Sorry if this post is a bit off topic, I just like looking for things.) I did like the 25th Disneyland Music piece you posted. :)

Timekeeper

4. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

5. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

The tapes are a "one off" and original so they are not to be found elsewhere (unless some others reside in someone else's collection). I think Ken said that a lot may have been thrown away by the family.
    As for records, it's a case of, as you say, eBay, charity shops, Amazon, garage sales and the like. There isn't (as far as I know) anywhere dedicated to selling purely Disney stuff like this and the Wagner tapes would be like looking for an unknown and undiscovered painting by Picasso. Possible but unlikely.
    I suppose you could search for Disney souvenirs and collector's items on the web (sometimes people realize the value of something from a garage sale and will cash it in).
    Expect to pay a lot for stuff like that though.
    If you need something in particular, searching for it by name can often bring results. I have some vinyl found that way of music from the loops although I'm still searching for one particular vinyl for one particular track from one loop that I know exists and would sell for very little. I'll get it one day and complete a source reconstruction of the Chalet de Marionette loop :D
    It's not on the Matterhorn tape though although some of the tracks sound really familiar.

6. The Trout

The Trout Member

Hmm, Matterhorn loop's interesting. There's actually been a copy of this floating around for years that's almost twice as long at 19:57. It does, however, sound like crap, and your copy (though ten minutes shorter) sound superior sonically. Is the fadeout at the end yours, or was it on the original tape you got?

7. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

This was the way I received it. Wish it was longer. :(

8. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

9. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

Here are a couple speils Jack made in 1976 for the Disneyland Hotel:

1976 Disneyland Hotel Announcements

Please Note: I have moved to a new server so links in older posts will no longer work. Best to go directly to site and do a search. Many appologies for the hassle. :(

[All previously broken links have been repaired. — Admin]

10. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

Thanks Jay!! :lol:

11. The Trout

The Trout Member

Those hotel announcements are cool! That's the kind of material you'd think would be lost to time.

12. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

Very true.
    I'd like to really thank makeminemusic for both preserving these and making them available for us to listen to.
    These things (especially when on old technology like reel to reel tape) are the stuff that get thrown away without listening to them first. It's marvellous that they are now safe for future generations.

13. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

14. exetor999

exetor999 Member

That is a really great site for the jack wagner stuff. Thanx

15. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member