Jack Wagner Reel-to-Reel Collection

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
I love these tapes! Thanks!
Fantastic stuff. Glad you have them for safekeeping for future generations to hear.
Thank you for letting us hear them.

The Trout

Cool! Interesting that the tape was apparently housed at Disneyland, inside of the American Sings building. Does anyone remember hearing this anywhere in the park? I was three years old at the time, so my memory's a bit spotty. ;)

BLM07

I know I've heard that first track before. I know it. What about Mickey Mouse Revue preshow music? OMG OMG OMG, at least part of that music plays in Mickeys of Hollywood in Hollywood Studios! That opening track (Hiegh Ho) plays in there for sure.

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
I know I've heard that first track before. I know it. What about Mickey Mouse Revue preshow music? OMG OMG OMG, at least part of that music plays in Mickeys of Hollywood in Hollywood Studios! That opening track (Hiegh Ho) plays in there for sure.
I think you might be right. What I've heard so far correspond with what is purported to play in the Tokyo Disneyland Fantasyland. A playlist has floated around for years, was available on Kirsten's DisneyMusicLoops page, and is listed below.

Is anyone else having trouble getting it to play? It cuts off at about the fifteen minute mark. I'd love to hear the whole thing!

Ken: Again, thank you so much for preserving and sharing these recordings from Jack Wagner!

01. Someday My Prince Will Come
02. Whistle While You Work
03. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
04. Spoonful of Sugar
05. Steps in Time
06. Aristocats
07. Candle on the Water
08. Scales and Arpeggios
09. Chim Chim Cher-ee
10. The Bare Necessities
11. When You Wish Upon a Star
12. Robin Hood Medley
13. Happiest Millionaire Medley
14. Snow White Medley (Whistle While You Work / I'm Wishing / Heigh-Ho / With a Smile and a Song / Some Day My Prince Will Come) [recording seems to start here]
15. Pinocchio Medley (Give a Little Whistle / Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee / I've Got No Strings)
16. Mickey Mouse March
17. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
18. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
19. Cinderella
20. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
21. Tomorrow Is Another Day
22. Alice in Wonderland
23. I'm Late
24. Razzle Dazzle Day

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
I think the Snow White Medley and Mickey Mouse March tracks are sourced from the Mike Curb Congregation Disney's Greatest Hits album. Does anyone have a clue on the Pinocchio Medley or Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? tracks?

Wedroy, One of the reel to reels from the collection is the Mike Curb Congregation Disney album. I just listened to Snow White and it is the same arraignment, could be the source with added music to take the place of voices? The one I have does not have Mickey Mouse March on it.

Mike Curb Congregation Walt Disney's Greatest Hits (JW reel to reel)

1. It's A Small World 3:04
2. When You Wish Upon A Star 3:43
3. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (The Magic Song) 1:32
4. The Bare Necessities 2:09
5. Snow White Medley 6:58
6. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 2:46
7. A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes 3:18
8. Winnie The Pooh 3:12
9. Lavender Blue (Dilly Dilly) 3:24
10. Once Upon A Dream 1:43
11. Mary Poppins Medley 3:06

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Thanks, Ken! You continue to come up with some amazing stuff.

The Trout

Already said this elsewhere, but I'll say it here too - this stuff is AWESOME. Lovin' IYHW and the CoP tracks.

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
Already said this elsewhere, but I'll say it here too - this stuff is AWESOME. Lovin' IYHW and the CoP tracks.
Like The Trout, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Thanks so much for preserving and sharing these tracks! It's like Christmas ... Ken, are you Santa Claus?

The Trout

Dear Lord, it's like you opened a little treasure chest labeled "Righteous Stuff from WDW's Old Tomorrowland That People Have Wanted For Years." I'm not sure how far this rabbit hole goes, MMM, but I'm loving the trip down!

Dear Lord, it's like you opened a little treasure chest labeled "Righteous Stuff from WDW's Old Tomorrowland That People Have Wanted For Years." I'm not sure how far this rabbit hole goes, MMM, but I'm loving the trip down!
Lol, I will be waiting for the awesome original CD cover artwork with that title! :D

The Trout

And this parade continues to astound me. Not that the Dancing Waters show is incredible or anything, but the very fact that it still EXISTS is rather mindblowing. Getting to hear things I wasn't alive to see in person is a thrill. As an aside (and if you don't mind me asking), is the fidelity this low on the original tapes, or is the muddy sound a side-effect of the low-bitrate stream?

You have so many wonderful, "treasures untold, how many wonders does Jack's collection behold?" Sorry, just feeling really good and happy. :D

Timekeeper