71X+7FJVLHL._AC_UL80_.jpg
03. Usually/Always ≈3:53
Fred Simon
Usually/Always
 CD 

Read more about this playlist...

Horizons

Playlist Author
I just came back from my trip to the resort and I wanted to know what the track listings are for Fountain View. As I sat there I did here a majority of the music that played for the Wonders of Life Pavillion. But, there was many more tracks to it...Anyone know?

This is the old list that was available at Guest Relations:

[Image removed. —Admin]

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
You lost me, Horizons. You attached a listing for the fountain show, but Cmdr Crimson is asking about Fountain View Ice Cream.

Coincidentally, I happened to be at the Fountain View on Friday, and I listened to the BGM for a short while.

Here is what I heard:

[Track listing moved to the Playlists section. —Admin]

I couldn't take any more of the mid-late 1980s New Age crap, so I left. :p

BLM07

New age, especially from the late 80s is amazing.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
New age, especially from the late 80s is amazing.

As a torture technique? Yes, it's amazing! My daughter lasted all of ten minutes when I took her to the Fountain View for some ice cream last night. She hightailed it out of there, but I managed to capture a few more tracks (see above) before I, too, had to either leave or succumb to madness. :eek:

I am going to take a guess that the music in the Fountain View hasn't been changed since 1990. Twenty-one straight years of the same couple of Yanni tracks going around and around. That's something WDI can be proud of, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Horizons

Playlist Author
The Tomorrowland new age loop is actually one of my favorites, or at least one that I have a lot of fond memories of (like hearing it while riding TTA with my wife talking about how great it would be if we could live in Florida). :LOL:

CThaddeus

Looks like I'll be spending more time in the Fountain View next time I go. EPCOT Center and New Age music go perfectly together. I really miss Wonders of Life and its music. I'm glad to hear some of it can still be found in the Park. Hopefully someone will be able to identify the other tracks one of these days. And thank you to Jay for getting so many of them already.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Hopefully someone will be able to identify the other tracks one of these days. And thank you to Jay for getting so many of them already.

If it turns out this is a single-CD loop, what I listed above probably covers most of it. I will try to get over there in the next couple of days and finish the playlist off. This time, I will bring my digital recorder and a pair of ear plugs. :D

BLM07

Any chance of getting a recording of the missing track? There is a tiny, slight chance I can identify it.

My husband might actually like this one. He likes Yanni and David Benoit. I might have to drag him in there on our upcoming trip. When you are a child of the 80's, it is kind of hard not to like the stuff. :D (Well at least a teenager of the 80's.)

BLM07

Ah, I've been gone for a while, and I'm glad to see this list complete. Some of the tracks can also be found on other albums, such as the Yanni tracks which can be found on "In Celebration Of Life." I'm guessing they are the same.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Some of the tracks can also be found on other albums ... I'm guessing they are the same.

Guessing will get you into trouble.

Checkfield's "Africa," for example, can be found on Water Wind and Stone (1986) and Reflections on a Decade (1997). Besides the obvious fact that 1997 is far too late a date for Reflections to have been the source CD, that version of the track clocks in at only 3:48, and if you look at my playlist, you will see that I indicate an approximate length of 4:15 based on my reference recording. So, if you want the correct version of "Africa," you will need to stick with the album that I provided. Rest assured that I am not just picking albums/tracks out of the blue.

BLM07

Guessing will get you into trouble.

Checkfield's "Africa," for example, can be found on Water Wind and Stone (1986) and Reflections on a Decade (1997). Besides the obvious fact that 1997 is far too late a date for Reflections to have been the source CD, that version of the track clocks in at only 3:48, and if you look at my playlist, you will see that I indicate an approximate length of 4:15 based on my reference recording. So, if you want the correct version of "Africa," you will need to stick with the album that I provided. Rest assured that we are not just picking albums/tracks out of the blue.

I don't know how it would get me in trouble, since I'm about listening to the music, and not really recreating the exact play list. I personally don't care about the few seconds early fade since in a playlist like this, I usually just like to hear the tracks unedited. ;)

I can see the example you using is the wrong version for this loop, but for other tracks, I'd imagine they are the same. Now if they are a totally different version, then yes, I can understand.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I'm about listening to the music, and not really recreating the exact play list.

That is certainly fine for you... but others are interested in having everything exactly right.
I personally don't care about the few seconds early fade...

I hope you're not referring to "Africa." In my book, 27 seconds is more than a "few."
...but for other tracks, I'd imagine they are the same.

Why take the risk of imagining (guessing) something is the same? Go with the albums/tracks that are referenced in the playlists and know that they are the same.
Now if they are a totally different version, then yes, I can understand.

Look no further than Cirque du Soleil's "Ouverture" in the Wonders of Life loop. Disney Music Loops (and you) had the wrong version — not only was the playing time off by 47 seconds, the arrangement was completely wrong. Our goal here at Magic Music is to not make those kinds of mistakes.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I'm about listening to the music, and not really recreating the exact play list.

That is certainly fine for you... but others are interested in having everything exactly right.
I personally don't care about the few seconds early fade...

I hope you're not referring to "Africa." In my book, 27 seconds is more than a "few."
...but for other tracks, I'd imagine they are the same.

Why take the risk of imagining (guessing) something is the same? Go with the albums/tracks that are referenced in the playlists and know that they are the same.
Now if they are a totally different version, then yes, I can understand.

Look no further than Cirque du Soleil's "Ouverture" in the Wonders of Life loop. Disney Music Loops (and you) had the wrong version — not only was the playing time off by 47 seconds, the arrangement was completely wrong. Our goal here at Magic Music is to not make those kinds of mistakes.

Well said.
We already have enough confusion with at least one site linking some Park Tunes to CDs and tracks that have no resemblance whatsoever to what is actually played in the parks (apart from being a version of the same tune).
The editing for the loops also gives the feel you are there rather than just listening to music (IMHO).

BLM07

I wasn't. Like I said in my earlier post, I said "your example" aka Africa. In my earlier post I mentioned Yanni, and the album In Celebration of Life. The tracks Within Attraction and Sand Dance are EXACTLY the same on the albums In Celebration of Life and Out of Silence.

Taking a listen to both albums, I can tell you the Yanni tracks I mentioned ARE the same.

Actually, I HAVE the right track, but I didn't know which album it was on for sure. The list was incomplete and I didn't have a chance to finish editing it before you did.