Echo Lake

Playlist Echo Lake

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I believe all of the original DHS/MGM loops were compiled and sequenced by Russell Brower.

Then my hat's off to Mr. Brower! :)

This is an awesome loop, Echo Lake is one area I always seem to notice the music. I wonder if it is at a higher volume or just because I love that type of music.

With regard to the Animal Kingdom Lodge loops discussed in another thread, is that one available for download as well, or does one have to purchase the CDs and construct their own loop? Just curious what the difference is between the two as far as download availability.

Thanks for the Echo Lake Loop.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
With regard to the Animal Kingdom Lodge loops discussed in another thread, is that one available for download as well, or does one have to purchase the CDs and construct their own loop?

The music is readily available on CDs and through the iTMS. I will release low-fidelity mono reference recordings of the unidentified tracks, so that others can help with the process of identifying them, but you most likely won't see the complete induction loops, and there is just no way in Hell you're going to see anything so bold as "reconstructed" stereo loops from me. That is nothing more than producing and distributing your own compilation album, without permission from any of the artists/labels, and I really have no desire to have the RIAA on my back.

pathollywood

At long last, I have completed the reconstruction of area music loop for Echo Lake/Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

As with the previous Disney music loop reconstructions I have done, the exact CD recordings heard in the original loop were ID'ed and used, and the edits were recreated (for better or worse) to the best of my ability.

Can you update the link?

Or send it to me through e-mail?

Edit: Nevermind.

Downloading it now and putting it with my interpretation of the Stunt Show and will see how it fits.

Pecos

Can you update the link?

Or send it to me through e-mail?

Edit: Nevermind.

Downloading it now and putting it with my interpretation of the Stunt Show and will see how it fits.

I can't access the loop here....how did you get it to work?

Thanks!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
You guys might want to think about taking your conversation elsewhere as you're talking about accessing an unauthorized collection of commercially available music. :(

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
FOR EVERYONE'S INFORMATION...

I have 1) removed the links from my previous postings in this thread, and 2) moved the files from those locations, so even if someone has those links, they lead nowhere (as others have pointed out).

Hopefully this information will limit further "public" discussion regarding this issue.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Sunset Boulevard: The Classic Film Scores of Franz Waxman doesn't have this track on it. Is there another album with a similar name that I'm missing?

Yes, and I should have clarified!

There were CD releases of this collection in stereo (RCA Red Seal) and then encoded in Dolby Surround (RCA Victor).

The rarer, earlier stereo CD was the one I was referring to, though you'd have never known it from my listing. It features additional tracks not on the Dolby Surround release, including the selections from To Have and Have Not.

The good news is that the track (in Dolby Surround) is also featured on the RCA Victor CD titled Casablanca: Classic Film Scores for Humphrey Bogart, which will probably be easier to find than the stereo Waxman disc.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
At long last, I have completed the reconstruction of area music loop for Echo Lake/Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

As with the previous Disney music loop reconstructions I have done, the exact CD recordings heard in the original loop were ID'ed and used, and the edits were recreated (for better or worse) to the best of my ability.

THX, would you be willing to post any info you have on the edits? I have a few of the tracks and would like to edit them. Thanks again for your work on the playlist!

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
THX, would you be willing to post any info you have on the edits? I have a few of the tracks and would like to edit them. Thanks again for your work on the playlist!

I'll see if I kept anything detailed on the edits, but please be patient as I'm swamped at work and don't expect to have much time to surface anytime soon. Plus, I owe Horizons a bit of time regarding several loops which I told him I'd review and confirm. (sorry, Horizons!) :(

A couple of things I do remember of the top of my head...
  • The selection from The Abyss was the trickiest edit in the loop, repeating several of the crescendi at the end of the track.
  • The selection from The Hunt for Red October is barely there (the track is short enough as it is and it's cut down to less than 10 seconds as I recall).
  • The most difficult identification, and the track which delayed my reconstruction for some time, came with the version of Victory at Sea they chose to use. Thankfully, a film music buddy from across the pond nailed it for me!

I'll see if I kept anything detailed on the edits, but please be patient as I'm swamped at work and don't expect to have much time to surface anytime soon. Plus, I owe Horizons a bit of time regarding several loops which I told him I'd review and confirm. (sorry, Horizons!) :(

I appreciate it, thanks. Do you still have your reference recording? I got more than half of the tracks edited. thanks again for your help!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I had lunch at the Backlot Express today. I've never noticed this before, but the Echo Lake music plays in the restaurant, except that it's the old version, as The Intersection Scene didn't play after Magnificent Seven.

The Trout

According to that OTHER Disney park music site, this loop has changed again, featuring new stuff from the likes of Avatar and Pirates.

The Trout

Scratch that. It's now confirmed as being a revision of the Hollywood Boulevard loop.

Club 33

Playlist Author
The playlist associated with this thread seems to have disappeared.