1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Echo Lake

Music loop playlist

1. thx99

thx99 Real-life Harry Caul Moderator Playlist Author

At long last, I have completed the reconstruction of area music loop for Echo Lake/Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

As with the previous Disney music loop reconstructions I have done, the exact CD recordings heard in the original loop were ID'ed and used, and the edits were recreated (for better or worse) to the best of my ability.

2. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

What other reconstructions have you done?

3. thx99

Having just reconstructed the loop with the source CDs (and having read the other posters' comments about not hearing anything different in this area of the park), I think that the loop you're referring to and the Echo Lake/IJ Stunt Spectacular loop are one in the same.

Regarding the "March of the Slave Children", a reprise of it is featured in the "End Credits" from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which just so happens to be included in the EL/IJSS loop.

4. thx99

The other two I've done are:

Soarin' Over California queue loop
    Condor Flats area music loop

And I assisted a friend with Soarin' (EPCOT).

5. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Ok, so I was curious to compare your reconstruction, which is 55:38, against the recording I made in front of Sounds Dangerous, to see if the music was different over there. I haven't compared the two, but when I sequenced my recording to start where your reconstruction starts, my loop is almost 2 minutes longer (57:25). Can the two be different as robnshell18 suggested?

I need to dig out my other Echo Lake recording, the one I did closer to the lake.

6. thx99

Hmm... good question. The reference recording I used is 55:05, but it is slightly off-speed (too fast, which shortened it). I'd be curious to know how the 57:25 version differs.

7. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I did a very quick review of my induction recording compared to your reconstruction. First, it seems your reconstruction is running close to 30 seconds faster than my two induction recordings. Everything else seemed to match up, track wise, until the end. I have one extra song in my recording. I am attaching a link which is the last 3 minutes of my recording. The first 40 seconds should correspond to the end of your reconstruction. The extra track starts at the 40 second mark and is 2:21 long.

[link expired]

8. thx99

Thanks for the clip, @Horizons! Anyone know off-hand what the clip starting at around 41 seconds is from? It has hints of Jurassic Park and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, but I don't believe it's either. Possibly Jurassic Park III?

Once I hunt it down, I'll add it to my reconstruction and update the mp3.

9. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

My two induction recordings both have this song. One was recorded by Sounds Dangerous and the other, if I remember correctly, in front of the IJ attraction. I am curious now if the same loop plays around the lake, closer to the front of the park. One would think the area music would be the same and, perhaps, the song in question was just a recent add to the loop.

10. WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 Member

if you are referring to the strings at :41 in the clip horizons posted it is war of the worlds by john williams the intersection scene

11. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Is the "War of the Worlds" the ending song then, starting from 0:41 to the end of the clip?

12. WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 Member

yes

13. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I am surprised you knew that @WDWGuy08, considering it wasn't scored by Bruce Broughton. :p

14. WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 Member

lol hey just cause i like broughton' music a lot, doesn't mean i don't like others' music, too. hehe. i like brian tyler, john williams, trevor rabin, jerry goldsmith, alan silvestri, hans zimmer, john debney, richard bellis, etc....

15. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Have you considered petitions and websites for these individuals as well? You wouldn't want them to have Broughton envy.

16. almandot

almandot Member

I'd be extremely careful what you say. Broughton does not play second fiddle and if you start seeing other composers he might do something scary.

17. thx99

Not to bring this thread back on topic or anything (cough, cough)...

But thanks to @Horizons and @WDWGuy08 for the information regarding the extended ending, I have created a second version of the loop, featuring the War of the Worlds segment.

18. wedroy1923

wedroy1923 Moderator Premium Member Playlist Author

19. mmmfan

mmmfan Member

Thanks for this loop. Great job! :)

20. thx99

My pleasure, @wedroy1923 and @mmmfan, and a belated "you're welcome" to @Horizons! :)

It's a blast (and a challenge) reconstructing these loops. I admire and give credit to the person(s) that put these together in the first place for Disney, especially for the Echo Lake and Soarin' (EPCOT) loops. They're clearly my favorites!