Playlist Blizzard Beach

Eric

Hello all,

This is my first post to the forum--I just became a member tonight after peeking at some of the forum's discussions during the past couple of weeks.

I worked as a Lifeguard Host in the Fall of 1995 at Blizzard Beach, and am trying to compile a list of the songs featured at the park. If there is anyone out there who can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I know someone who is going down to WDW next week, and I wanted to give her some money to make some WDW Forever CDs for me. I've called down to the resort and have received different answers as to whether they still exist or not. Any confirmations on this would be great!

Thanks a bunch!
Tim

The Forever Kiosks have been gone for quite sometime now, unfortunately.

sds910

You asked for it...!

(Believe it or not, we've managed to track down all but four of these, marked with an *)

Blizzard Beach

Hour One

01 - Wailing Souls - Wild Life
02 - Jimmy Buffett - Jolly Mon Sing
03 - UB40 - Red Red Wine
04 - Tiger - Cool Me Down
05 - Harry Fontenot - Jingle Bells
06 - Dave and Ansel Collins - Double Barrel
07 - Wailing Souls - Picky Picky Head
08 - Jimmy Buffett - Changes In Lattitudes
09 - Culture - 2 Sevens Clash
10 - UB40 - Keep On Moving
11 - Diana King - Stir It Up
12 - Disneyland - Matterhorn Music
13 - Robin Ward - Wonderful Summer
14 - Johnny Mathis - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
15 - Bob Marley - Soul Shakedown Party
16 - Maxi Priest - Best Of Me
17 - Dawn Penn - Blue Yes Blue
18 - Culture - See Them A Coming
19 - Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now

Hour Two

01 - Steel Pulse - Grab A Girlfriend
02 - Soulful Dynamics - I Will Love You
03 - Werner Bruggeman - Meine Jodlewelt*
04 - Desmond Dekker - Israelites
05 - Billy Joel - River Of Dreams
06 - Soulful Dynamics - I Show You How To Reggae
07 - Jimmy Buffett - Boat Drinks
08 - Jimmy Cliff - Sitting In Limbo
09 - Georgie Fame - Uptight
10 - The Beach Boys - Frosty The Snowman
11 - Billy Ocean - Can We Go Round Again
12 - Reggae Philharmonic Orchestra - Work, Eat, Sleep
13 - Dennis Brown - Sitting And Watching
14 - Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - The Silly Song
15 - Michael Doucet - Deck The Halls
16 - Bob Marley - Roots, Rock Reggae
17 - Maxi Priest - In The Springtime
18 - Jimmy Buffett - Brown Eyed Girl
19 - Roman Stewart - Natty Sing Hit Songs

Hour Three

01 - Big Mountain - Baby I Love Your Way
02 - Steel Pulse - Ravers
03 - The Uniques - My Conversation
04 - Tiroler Jodelervagabundem - Jodelervagabundenjodley*
05 - Wailing Souls - Bredda Gravalicious
06 - Worl-A-Girl - Jamaican Bobsledding Chant
07 - Harry Belafonte - Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)
08 - Third World - Lagos Jump
09 - Jimmy Cliff - Love Me, Love Me
10 - Artist Unknown - Fire Down Below
11 - The Boston Pops - Sleigh Ride
12 - Jimmy Cliff - Sunrise
13 - The Beach Boys - All Summer Long
14 - Wailing Souls - She Pleases Me
15 - Jimmy Buffett - Christmas In The Caribbean
16 - Big Mountain - Fruitful Days
17 - Jimmy Cliff - Hakuna Matata

Hour Four

01 - The Beach Boys - Kokomo
02 - Jimmy Cliff - It's Time
03 - Wailing Souls - You Ain't Leaving
04 - The Beach Boys - Island Girls
05 - Original Mayhofner Trio - Lass Mi Eini Bel Dein Fensterl*
06 - Big Mountain - Lighten Up
07 - Uschi Bauer - Appenzeller Jodler*
08 - Buster Poindexter - Hot, Hot, Hot
09 - Roman Stewart - Natty Sing Hit Songs
10 - Wailing Souls - All Over The World
11 - Cajun Gold - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
12 - Big Mountain - Reggae Inna Summertime
13 - Sly And The Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
14 - Machel - Soca Santa
15 - Jimmy Cliff - Soar Like An Eagle
16 - Big Mountain - I Would Find A Way
17 - Jimmy Cliff - Brown Eyes

Hour Five

01 - Los Del Rio - The Macarena
02 - Kerry Christensen - Small World Yodel
03 - Michigan & Smiley - Reggae Rock
04 - Simon & Garfunkel - 59th Street Bridge Song
05 - Roy Rogers - Jingle Bells
06 - Jimmy Buffett - Barometer Soup
07 - Bill Haley And His Comets - Hot Dog Buddy Buddy
08 - Al Meixner - Biergarten Medley
09 - Boston Pops - Sleigh Ride
10 - Ella Fitzgerald - Heat Wave
11 - Brigadier Jerry - Jamaica Jamaica
12 - The Walter Gruener Kapelle - Yodeling Girl
13 - Jimmy Buffett - School Boy Heart
14 - UB40 - Kingston Town
15 - Amazulu - Montego Bay
16 - Myron Floren - Schatzie
17 - Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
18 - Jimmy Buffett - Banana Wind
19 - Frankie Yankovic - Jolly Lumberjack
20 - Stop Inc - Second Line (Part 1)

Hour Six

01 - Los Del Rio - The Macarena
02 - Jimmy Cliff - Come Into My Life
03 - Jimmy Buffett - Sunny Afternoon
04 - Bill Haley And His Comets - See You Later Alligator
05 - Mondschein Trio - Where The Mountains Gleam
06 - Solo Harmonites - Play One
07 - Frog Marley - Croakin' Bells
08 - Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
09 - Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
10 - Katrina And The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
11 - Trinidad Cement Ltd Skiffle Bunch - La Bamba
12 - Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
13 - Jimmy Buffett - Jingle Bells
14 - The Walter Gruener Kapelle - Die Gumpesel
15 - Pato Banton - Bubbling Hot
16 - Elton John - Crocodile Rock
17 - Al & Alex Meixner - Morgen Kommt

To Eric (and everyone else reading this),

Thank you for passing on the news, albeit it's truly sad to learn that these kiosks are no longer around. Like I said, I worked down there in the Fall of 1995 (before the kiosks and the technology were even thought of). Sadly, I haven't been down there since. I heard of the kiosks about three years ago, but couldn't act on it at the time. Oh well. Here's to hoping that someday they'll do it again. Right? :)

In the meantime, I'll have to keep humming the tune "As I Was Strolling Through the Park One Day" from Main Street in my head. LOL

Incidentally, I also wonder if they ever made available the Railroad tune "Rolling, Rolling, Rolling Express....Rolling on the Walt Disney World Express" (circa 1990). My parents and siblings have a unique and hilarious "Disney Moment" story tied in with that song.

Thanks again! I will definitely be reading this forum for years to come!

Tim

sds910,

WoW!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This Forum is the BEST!

Talk about quick turnaround!

I had a list of about 10 songs that I vividly remember, considering it was almost 7 years ago. I thought it was cool when I realized the version of "Sleigh Ride" that played at the park was the same one that was on the Time-Life Treasury of Christmas CD set I already owned at the time.

Anyway, I've been a professional DJ for the past 4 years, so I should be able to track down most of these songs!

This is the best "souvenir" I could have from that wonderful time in my life. Granted, the songs did annoy me to tears while I worked there on 10 hour shifts, 5 days a week for at about 5 months. LOL

Thanks again, and thanks to everyone who helped compile that list. If I come up with info on the "unknowns," I'll let you know!

Tim

sds910

Tim:

To clarify a couple of things --

1) The list has never been published here before (so for anyone else looking in, this is a new one!)

2) There are no unknowns at all on the list -- if you spotted the "Artist Unknown" selection in Hour 3, there's no artist listed on the CD. The disc in question is called "Steel Band Music of the Caribbean". I should have spotted that myself when I posted this version of the list. The original documentation on this also includes disc titles for each selection.

3) The only selections that have yet to be found by those of us assembling this monster are four tracks all sourced from the same "various artists" yodeling music CD, the title of which is "Die Schonsten Jodler Der Berge". If anyone can turn *that* puppy up, we'll have the last fills (Hour 2, Cut 3 - Hour 3, Cut 4 and Hour 4, Cuts 5 & 7)... and at that point, I'll be more than happy to post the whole mess to Usenet. If anyone can turn up that CD, send me a private message. Oh, and big kudos to Shawn, who knows who he is and deserves a ton of credit for getting us this far 2 1/2 years ago when the lion's share of this work was done!

Steve

dtats

"...Incidentally, I also wonder if they ever made available the Railroad tune "Rolling, Rolling, Rolling Express....Rolling on the Walt Disney World Express" (circa 1990)...."

Tim, the song you're referring to was the welcoming song for Mickey's Birthdayland, which is now Mickey's ToonTown Fair, at WDW. "Mickey's Birthdayland Express" was played on the WDW Railroad train between the Frontierland and (now) ToonTown Fair stations, as you approached Mickey's Birthdayland. It was a very catchy tune... I remember it, too, and I don't even have a recording of it.

does anyone? :)

- Mike

Mickey's BirthdayLand Train Music

Mike,

You are right on about the music being played between Frontierland and Mickey's Birthdayland. That's where my parents' "incident" occurred.

Allow me to share my Disney Moment (for all those who want a good chuckle):

My mother, father, and younger sister and brother (I know, a natural "MFSB" if there ever was) were all on the train after 11 p.m. back in the summer of 1990. We had just watched the Main Street Electrical Parade finish in Frontierland, and we got on the train at the Frontierland station to head to Main Street. As we got on the train, my mother laid her portable cane/chair on the floor. She has had a severe back condition for most of her life, so she had to have it with her, especially for queu lines. The cane/chair was a walking cane that would unfold into a tripod seat.

Anyway, as the train made its way to Mickey's Birthdayland, the cane slipped off the train into the woods near the Indian Village. While it wasn't funny at the moment, we all laugh about it now. To make a long story short, we ended up riding that train around the park about 4-5 times in a row while Cast Members tried to find the cane in the late evening dark. We heard that "Rolling, rolling, rolling express" song waaay too many times. My brother, my father, and I ended up teasing my poor mom that she threw the cane off on purpose, and then we kept teasing her that the Indians from the Indian village snagged it and made it their centerpiece for their village.
;D
So, as you can tell, that song holds a peculiar place in my life, and to be able to track down a copy of it would be fantastic!

If anyone has a copy, I'd love to obtain a copy.

Thanks for bearing with my story!
Tim

THANK YOU for posting that list!!
I worked at Blizzard Beach in food & beverage/merchandise Feb-May '98.

I worked at LattaWatta Lodge and heard that loop OVER and OVER and OVER...

I too must admit it holds a special place in my heart!

THANKS again!
*Tommy

Hey everyone,

Back in July of 2003, I posted a question about Blizzard Beach water park music loops. Several responses were posted, including a complete list of the music as it is heard in the theme park.

Since then, I've been bogged down with work in grad school (I'm a second-year master's candidate at Bowling Green in Ohio) and I just now re-located this forum.

I'm trying to get copies of this music. One of the posters from this forum volunteered to share the Blizzard Beach music with me, but I haven't heard from him since September.

I am willing to try almost any method to acquire the songs from this list. If any of you have any advice, give me a holler! Thanks!

Tim
WDWCP Fall 1995
*Blizzard Beach Lifeguard Host
*Disney Village Marketplace 1995 "Tropicolidays" Entertainment Staff

DreamFinder1983

Playlist Author
Hello all,

Once upon a time I put together my first playlist of music together for myself in sequential order in iTunes for my listening pleasure. For whatever the reason, I decided to compile tracks from Blizzard Beach using the old "Disney Music Loops" website track information as my guide. It was quite a struggle identifying every track and even required me to scour the internet for obscure alpine/yodelling records and miscellaneous CD's with random tracks that were used. I think I have every track down to a science, but to this day, there is ONE that has evaded me in particular. I remember trying to source the information for the track but I could not come up with what exactly it was or where I could find it. So, I just made a placeholder track for it... which you can see highlighted in this screenshot of the album I put together:

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 12.17.16 AM.png

As you can see, this track was simply listed as "Biergarten Medley" on that old site and my research went as far as digging around on a German polka site I can not for the life of me even begin to recall and I couldn't find any particular track with this name... only some albums for sale on their store that had "Biergarten" in the title. I even contacted the site owner to ask if they had any idea what track this was that Disney used at Blizzard Beach and they said they have used several tracks of theirs throughout the parks but they had no clue which one it was specifically. So, obviously, I still have NO idea what this track is or where I can get it to complete my album.

I'm wondering if ANYBODY who knows or has a recording of this would be so kind as to enlighten me about what this supposed "Biergarten Medley" track is and where I may get it (if I can't get a link to just download the darn thing, I don't know). This has been a pain in my side for *literally* YEARS and I have just thought about asking this question here and see if anybody has the ability to bite and perhaps throw me a bone!

Thanks in advance Magic Music peeps!!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I'm wondering if ANYBODY who knows or has a recording of this would be so kind as to enlighten me about what this supposed "Biergarten Medley" track is and where I may get it (if I can't get a link to just download the darn thing, I don't know). This has been a pain in my side for *literally* YEARS and I have just thought about asking this question here and see if anybody has the ability to bite and perhaps throw me a bone!

The selection is by Alex Meixner, an accordion player, who played at Epcot Germany's Biergarten for many years.

I'd have to fish out my old induction recording to see if I could put together the source(s).

Here is one of Alex's CDs:
Perhaps shoot him an email.

DreamFinder1983

Playlist Author
Would anybody perhaps have the track listings in order for the NEW music loop of Blizzard Beach? The one that includes Frozen songs and such…

Also. Does anybody have listings for Winter Summerland’s summer side and winter side, etc.

Thanks!