1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Animal Kingdom Lodge [2002]

Music loop playlist

1. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I won't be impressed unless you find the singing/clapping track. It rocks! :cool:
    Good news!

2. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Yeah? Guess what, buddy?! I found the @#%$&! singing/clapping children!!!

3. Magic Music

[Start of former "sneak peek" work-in-progress topic for Premium Members. The content of this post has been moved to the Playlists section. Click here to see the playlist. —Admin]

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Area Music [2002]
    (Nov 2002 to Present Day)​

4. wedroy1923

wedroy1923 Moderator Premium Member Playlist Author

Jay: Thanks for your hard work and making these lists available again. One of the things that make this site and the music associated with the resorts so much fun is being introduced to new musical styles and artists; so thanks for helping to expand my musical horizons yet again!

5. Magic Music

It's interesting to note that while Area Music II, III, and IV each played alone for a couple of years or so, they can actually be pieced together alphabetically with only one track (IV's Nga Yishela Yavuma) out of place:

Baba — Lost Cities of the South (Area Music IV)
    M'Babass — Se Te Djon Ye (Area Music II)
    Shana — Yeye (Area Music III)

I now believe these individual loops were originally conceived as a single loop consisting of three CDs. Why the CDs were separated and — more importantly — why in hell everything is in alphabetical order is beyond me. Dumb! :rolleyes:

Now would be a good time to mention that Jiko's two loops can be pieced together alphabetically as well.

I sooooooooo want to meet our mysterious friend, DJ LMNOP! :ROFL:

6. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I'm trying to work on that. :D

7. Magic Music

Pffffffffft! :p

I'm busy laughing about our little wager as to whether or not someone would hand you the playlists on a silver platter before I managed to identify all of the tracks on my own. It's taken me years... I've listened to a zillion African songs and spent a fortune on CDs along the way... but I'm down to just three tracks left, my friend!

8. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I don't remember a wager and you're not done yet! o_O

I am currently working with someone who was very helpful on a previous request. I just asked for Fort Wilderness music for now, but I'm hoping he will be successful, this time, in finding the right contact person in WDI. I still think D.S. is the person who has what we need, but he's never replied to my message nor the message the person who is helping me (well, he responded to one, but then never provided the requested information, which did deal specifically with the Animal Kingdom Lodge).

9. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Did you pass out when you stumbled upon this gem? :eek:
    I don't know anyone like that (so are you going to link to those)? :)

10. Magic Music

Start reading with your 30-July-2008 post located [post=26759]here[/post].
    I was messing around in the iTMS a few days ago... clicking on random African drum tracks... and... BOOM! I discovered a familiar melody that turned out to be Nje (Death Celebration)! When I examined the album from which it came, I also found Sansa (Trickster's Song) and Children's Song — three in one shot! I couldn't friggin' believe it! Take that, Shazam!
    It doesn't matter! I found the @#%$&! singing/clapping children! So, shut up and be happy! :p
    I'm not sure what this means.

11. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

In case there was some nut out there who wanted to purchase the actual CD's used by WDE to assemble the loops, meaning those with the accurate run times, are you going to be linking to those? :)

12. Magic Music

Er, ah, dude, what do you think all of the CDs linked to above are? :rolleyes:

13. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

You said:
    I took this to mean some of your links were to the alternate releases.

14. Magic Music

Yeah, the iTunes and Amazon MP3 links! :rolleyes:

HeHe! Anyone want to take a crack at writing a better notice?

15. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I totally agree. I would never have listened to African music had I not discovered it at the parks. Heck, I even listened to the full Pioneer Hall loop (all 5+ hours) earlier this week. Who knew Bluegrass music could be so entertaining! :D

16. Magic Music

17. SeaCastle

SeaCastle Playlist Author

[​IMG]

:confused:

18. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

Great to finally see all of these! Excellent work.

What does your most recent post represent? Has the loop ever played as a 3 CD setup as you posted or is just putting the lists together as you theorized above?

19. Magic Music

No, it has never played as a complete 3-CD collection. However, I am certain that was the original intent. A multi-disc collection with most of the same tracks is actually playing in Kidani Village's lobby right now.

As has been noted, the Lodge is currently back to playing "Area Music II" (Disc 2). For all we know, they'll switch to "Area Music IV" (Disc 1) in February and "Area Music III" (Disc 3) in April. I have witnessed Jiko flip back and forth between an "A to M" CD and an "M to Z" CD from one visit to the next. As such, I don't see much point in continuing to refer to these 55 tracks as anything other than one complete collection until such time as entirely new selections make an appearance.

I intend to add a footnote with details as to when each disc has played. You're looking at an unfinished post... which is why it's currently located in Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom. ;)

20. Magic Music

I lied about my interest. I couldn't sleep... I got up and started poking around in the iTMS for some jazzy New Age African stuff... and... BOOM! I found all four tracks just a few minutes ago!

All 63 tracks for Uzima Pool and Uzima Savanna Area Music II are now accounted for!