Animal Kingdom BGMs

Horizons

Playlist Author
Has anyone attempted to determine the track listing for the Animal Kingdom area BGMs? I have started, but it has been a very slow process.

jerm

I know I have the BGM I thing for Asia someplace and of course the BGM for CMM is everywhere. The DI BGM is most of what was on the AK CD a few years ago plus a few other tracks. Dinoland has the oddest mix of BGM anywhere. Africa I want to say is posted someplace.

X-S Tech

The center for mathematical modeling sounds far more interesting, and I flunked higher math.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
camp minnie mickey.

Ah, but it's actually Camp Minnie-Mickey, so the more correct abbreviation would be CM-M. ;)

My post is really a comment on how readers are often left totally bewildered as to what is being discussed all so that the author can save a few keystrokes.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I wasn't really asking what recordings were out there, as most of what I have seen is either incorrect, incomplete, or poor live recordings. I am mainly looking to see if anyone has attempted to identify the tracks that make up the loops. Most of the music is commercially available.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Here are the loops I have identified and have recordings of:

- Discovery Island Trails (I posted the correct track list already)
- Africa
- Main Entrance (I have this tracklist)
- Discovery Island
- Asia
- Restaurantosaurus (I have this tracklist)
- Everest (Exterior)
- Camp Minnie-Mickey (I have this tracklist)
- The Oasis (I have this tracklist)
- Finding Nemo, The Musical (Exterior)
- Dinosaur (Exterior) (I have this tracklist)

I need to make recordings of the following (I don't know if I can find speakers for these yet):

- Dinoland (I located a speaker)
- The Boneyard
- Walkway to the Conservation Station
- Everest (Interior)

I haven't checked out the gift shops in detail, but in a few, I did notice the music loop was not the same as the exterior music for the land.

If I am missing something, let me know.

I also have the AKL loops, except for the Arusha Rock area BGM. I stayed there for a few nights last month, but the speakers were not working. So I need to make another trip. I did notice the fast-food market was different than the pool music, and the gift shop was different than the lobby music.

ISTCrew20

Here are the loops I have identified and have recordings of:

- Discovery Island Trails (I posted the correct track list already)
- Africa
- Main Entrance (I have this tracklist)
- Discovery Island
- Asia
- Restaurantosaurus (I have this tracklist)
- Everest (Exterior)
- Camp Minnie-Mickey (I have this tracklist)
- The Oasis (I have this tracklist)
- Finding Nemo, The Musical (Exterior)
- Dinosaur (Exterior) (I have this tracklist)

I need to make recordings of the following (I don't know if I can find speakers for these yet):

- Dinoland (I located a speaker)
- The Boneyard
- Walkway to the Conservation Station
- Everest (Interior)

I haven't checked out the gift shops in detail, but in a few, I did notice the music loop was not the same as the exterior music for the land.

If I am missing something, let me know.

I also have the AKL loops, except for the Arusha Rock area BGM. I stayed there for a few nights last month, but the speakers were not working. So I need to make another trip. I did notice the fast-food market was different than the pool music, and the gift shop was different than the lobby music.

And the Nemo Musical in theater loop...please?!

When I was in AK on Friday 4/25, my husband and I got a pretzel and frozen lemonade and sat down at some tables in the back corner next to the Yak and Yeti. There was a speaker right in my ear. It was actually in the bushes behind me, but it sounded like it was in my ear. Does anyone know about this BGM loop? I was wondering if it was new or something that has been around for a while. We sat there for quite some time because we were actually in the shade for a change. That is the hottest park on property, no matter what the weather is like. Anyway, I didn't know much about the loop and thought I would ask.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Thanks for the info horizons. I am not sure that I have that one. I 'll have to look.

I have never seen a version passed around, other than a very poor quality, incomplete, live recording. However, if after looking through your collection you don't find it, and have a desire for it, send me a pm.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I have never seen a version passed around, other than a very poor quality, incomplete, live recording.

Does one of us need to get over there and do a new induction recording?

We need to compare notes on which parts of Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge that we've already got induction recordings and/or completed playlists for.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I assume we are just talking about area music loops, not attraction music etc..

Animal Kingdom

I have made induction recordings of Oasis, Asia, Africa, Discovery Island, and the exterior BGM to Dinosaur. I don't plan on doing one for Discovery Island Trails or Restaurantosaurus (although I did make a live reference recording of each).

I have induction recordings from Serka Zong (although I may want to try to capture a better quality recording), Theater in the Wild, Camp Minnie-Mickey, and the Entrance.

I need to capture the BGMs from Dinoland, the Boneyard, and Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures, although I haven't fully figured out my plan for these. I also need to see if I can capture the BGMs in the Island Merchantile and some of the other gift shops, which are different than the exterior area BGMs. There is still more after this (e.g., queue BGM to Expedition Everest), but some of these may be difficult or impossible to do.

Regarding full playlists, I only have the Oasis, Entrance, Restaurantosaurus, and Discovery Island Trails. Then just a few tracks from each of the recordings above.

Animal Kingdom Lodge

I don't have an induction recording of the original BGM (which plays poolside these days), just the individual tracks from the various CDs. I have someone's recording of the second BGM and a partial playlist. I have my own induction recording of the current BGM, but have none of the tracks identified.

I still have Arusha Rock left to capture as well as determining what music plays in Boma (something plays, although it's very hard to hear), Jiko, the Mara, and Zawadi Marketplace.

I have a lot on my to do list, but don't know anyone else locally who does recording. It would be great to compare lists, if you do recording outside of the AK or AKL.