Walt Disney Treasures DVDs

Forgive the non-music question, but I can remember these DVDs being discussed here long ago and figured someone would know the answer.

I can't seem to determine if these DVDs have been rereleased and sold without the collectible tins. I am thinking of buying one or two from the earlier waves that I missed, and some mass-market retailers seem to offer them on their web sites, but I can't believe you could buy the version with the tins for under $30 at this point.

I know at some point Costco and maybe others had collections of the DVDs without the tins. Did Disney itself start selling them without the tins too?

Thanks for anyone who knows. Vague internet descriptions make me nervous!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Mine's in a tin :rolleyes:

mmmfan

You're right about Costco.I have a set without the tin,but I didn't get it at Costco.I don't know about Disney,but other retailers sell them without the tin.The tins are limited editions.(collectible and numbered)Content on both versions is exactly the same.Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
That's nice to know. I only have the one as I had been dying to see "The Living Desert" again (I saw it when it first came out, oooh, I'm old) so I bought it from the US.
Nice to know it's it's an investment :rolleyes:

Jestyr

That's nice to know. I only have the one as I had been dying to see "The Living Desert" again (I saw it when it first came out, oooh, I'm old) so I bought it from the US.
Nice to know it's it's an investment :rolleyes:
For clarification; "The Living Desert" was made available as part of the Walt Disney Legacy Collection. http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneylegacy/

Walt Disney Treasures do not contain any of the True Life Adventure films. http://disney.go.com/DisneyVideos/disneytreasures/

The Legacy DVDs come packed in small round gold tins modeled after film cannisters.
The Treasure DVD's come packed in standard 2DVD cases contained within outer silver box tins.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Sorry, mixed them up. Doesn't matter, I have those as well in the nice silver tins (got them in a sale for very little):blink:
Yes, gold tin within a tin with a plastic cover.
I also didn't notice any exclusive keepsake in my Legacy DVD either (and it was all sealed) but I wasn't going to pay to send it back from the UK!.
Anyone know what it should have been? All I got was a slip of paper to say I could get a planning DVD starring expedition Everest if I telephoned a number (yes, right, UK to USA, I don't think so).
Was that it? :rolleyes:

Jestyr

I also didn't notice any exclusive keepsake in my Legacy DVD either (and it was all sealed) but I wasn't going to pay to send it back from the UK!.
Anyone know what it should have been?
Unfortunately, the 'collectible map' inside the Passport was considered to be an exclusive keepsake item.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Unfortunately, the 'collectible map' inside the Passport was considered to be an exclusive keepsake item.
Oh hooray (hear the enthusiasm there). What a great keepsake (hear the sarcasm).
Yes, I still have that.
Oh well......................................

Thank you for the answers, and eyore, now you have more info about your collections too! Knew I could count on you folks here!