Wait, did Elfman DO the Score for HMH??

s8ntmark

I know its been said that Danny Elfman actually scored Haunted Mansion Holiday, but I just read that John Debney actually adapted Nightmares score for the ride, Of course this was on an online site so they could just be wacked, ya know?

Does anyone know FER SHUR? Not that I have anything against Debney (Phantom Manor is one of my favorites) But it was really cool to know that Elfman himself put pen to paper for HMH.

Thanks!
Mark

Gurgitoy2

I do know that Debney was responsible for the 2001 version, and the "scarols" that were done last year. I haven't been on the "new" version yet (only 2001's), but I'll be there this Christmas to find out the difference. I'm very curious...

s8ntmark

I know that Debney did last years scarols, but Id heard someone elses name when they talked about the 2001 score...Is THAT for certain too, who did 2001's score?

Interesting, I wonder if this year's score is going to be different too, or new scrols.

Did you guys hear about the "Contest" they are having? apparently, and this is from a CM, there is going to be a game to see how many times you can spot Oogie Boogie in the ride...This sounds fun! Im glad they are always coming up with new ways freshen up the attraction

:) Happy Mark

I believe you're talking about Gordon Goodwin...who worked on the 2001 Soundtrack.

Yes this year's HMH will have a "scavenger hunt'" of sorts revolving around Oogie Boogie. Along with a few added changes and updates. If all goes as ocne was scheduled. Lock shock and Barrel will be making more of an appearance this year. The Stretch Room sequence will be altered a bit etc etc.

-D

Landon B.

??? They better release some sort of a Soundtrack this year! I am just dying to hear it in its new form I
have only heard clips with people's voices in the background. This could be a great CD if Elfman lets them do it.

There was a 2 disc set in the works for this year. Funny thing is supposedly the last time I heard about it, it still was waiting the approval of Burton and Elfman. Kind of important don't you think? ;).

I'm not holding my breath. There's enough HMH stuff to keep one occupied througout the 2002+ season.

If you know where to look ;) ;)

-D

Landon B.

Typical!!! Oh well, do any of you know of a good place to find the 2002 soundtrack?

s8ntmark

Landon, Ive been asking myself that exact same question for months now :)

Epiphany, Thank you-Gordon Goodwin was EXACTLY who I was thinking about.