Very OT: Mr. Softee

B

Bill

I have been searching since the early days of Napster for the Mr. Softee theme. I've written to Mr. Softee and they recently wrote on their website "Due to the large number of requests, we are happy to present the Mr. Softee theme song." I got excited and thought it would be an MP3, but it was the sheet music.

Sheet music?!

I figured that if any group of people knew how to get the unobtainable, it is you. Anyone have an idea how to get it?

In search of Mr. Softee,

Bill

Gurgitoy2

Do they even have Mr. Softee outside of New York? I NEVER saw it in California or any other state I've been to. I do know that the song gets stuck in my head now. He comes down my street and all the kids come running...hell, so do the adults!

Gurgitoy2

It's an ice cream truck monopoly that seems to be everywhere in NYC and NJ. I've never even seen another competing truck, they're always Mr. Softee.

SharonKurland

Mr. Softee was popular when I was REALLY young, in Brooklyn, but Staten Island seemed to be more of a "Freezer Fresh" kind of place, with a "Turkey In The Straw" melody that was VERY annoying . Didn't matter to me...MY favorite was the Good Humor Man...especially when he had Push Ups wher eyou could trade 10 leftover "Push Up sticks" for a free Push Up.

I remember when the Rides used to come every day in the summer too...the Whip and what we called the Mr. Eddie Ride (it was a pirate/buccaneer/caged swing sort of ride...I'm assuming the owner was named Eddie, hence the M. Eddie ride)...hearing those guys blast the radio for all the neighborhood to hear was a sure sign for all the kids in the neighborhood to ask their parents for a quarter .

Kids today don't know what they're missing.