The Lion King DVD..Where did you buy it?

Barry

and what did you get with it?

I know the Disney Store had lithos and pins when you preordered. I got mine at Strawberries with a great collectors coin.

SharonKurland

I didn't get it yet but since my husband's birthday is in less than 4 weeks, I guess I better get it soon .

I'll buy it at the cheapest place I can...the giveaways don't do much for me anymore...I've got dozens of lithographs and 5,000 pins in our storage room as it is .

Jessica L

I got mine at Toys R Us. They were having a fantasic deal where if you bought TLK DVD you were able to buy any other DVD/VHS of your choice for only $5. So I was able to pick up the Sleeping Beauty DVD and TLK DVD for only about $20 - not too shabby!

Jessica

Gurgitoy2

I'm with you, Sharon. I used to always pre-order my videos at The Disney Store. Now I have tons of lithographs and crap that I'm never going to use. So for the last few years, I've tried to just buy them at the cheapest place I can find them.

I got my Lion King DVD at Best Buy and it came with a mousepad/calendar...which I chucked in the trash can....like I need another mousepad.

Walmart ;D .

If you want to get Disney DVDs cheaper (by $5) go to any other store besides the Disney Store. The Disney Store is always $5 more!

I did the Toys R Us deal and got Lion King and Sleeping Beauty for $26 total.

I never buy DVDs at the disney store and never understood the point of pre ordering DVDS before they come out. They will almost always be at the cheapest the first wek they are out and the only benefit of pre ordering seems to be the lithographs that I have zero need for.

Looks like Nemo is $15 at Walmart but I dont think I am buying that one

SharonKurland

I've got something like a half-dozen DVDs that my husband wants, between his BD and Xmas, so I'll probably go the Amazon.com route.

-Sharon-

Barry

I collect memorabilia thats why I usually, but not always, look for the give aways when I get the DVD's
Does anyone here collect Disney memorabilia besides music? I've got a fairly diverse collection of Disney CD's, including The Lion King in five languages! A friend is being sent to China for six months to open a new office for his company and will be scouting for TLK in Mandoran (sp) and Korean for me!

Barry

Do you guys ever do any swapping of memorabilia?

I know this is getting way off the music theme and if I should discontinue with this here just say the word...

I got the Lion King DVD from a local store that had it on sale for $12.99 plus you could pick any DVD for free. I chose the 20,000 DVD. The Lion King also came with a special CD sampler of music from the upcoming Lino King 1 1/2. Plus, you also got a special collector's limited edition numbered LK pin, a set of 5 lithographs bigger than the ones on the box set, and a free calling card for 30 minutes. I also mailed in my $5 refund check offer. The store also had a promotion that for each $5.00 you spent, $1 was refunded to your credit card so I saved an additional $2 and some cents. They had so many offers that they ended up paying ME to buy it. Oh, I also forgot to mention the free Lion King light keychain and plush toy.
Louis :D

SharonKurland

Barry-

I've got The Lion King in 3 languages, Return to Pride Rock in 2 languages, and the Broadway Cast in 2 languages. Now ask me about Hunchback and Beauty & The Beast (hint: I have over 500 Disney CD's).

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

B&TB movie: 6 languages
B&TB show: 6 locations (only 4 languages though, since Australia and London were in English, and both Stuttgard and Vienna were in German)
Enchanted Christmas: 2 languages

HBOND: 9 languages
Plus the German stage show

Also have several languages of Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and I forget what else.

By the way, the only language I can speak is English.

I'm just a geek .

-Sharon-

Barry

Awesome Sharon!

I've got Aladdin in Spanish, french and English and Hercules in Portuguese! I also have B7TB in Spanish and Italian.

SharonKurland

Depending on the CD, I've got stuff in English, Spanish, French, Japanese, German, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Mandarin, Taiwanese, Hebrew, Greek, Italian, Portugese, and a small handful of languages that I don't remember what they are .

Which is SO sad .

Been collecting CD's since 1991 or so. Have over 500 of them. Have actually sat and listened to probably about 100 of them. Regularly listen to mebbe 5 .

Which is even SADDER .

-Sharon-