1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

The Haunted Mansion CD / LE Box Set [2009]

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Randy Thornton, Aug 22, 2009.

1. dalvarad

dalvarad Member

Got my mansion box at the dream store about 130 pm here at d23...I was surprised there were leftovers from last nite!

2. WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 Member

i see a copy of the box set is on eBay now. for 250.00 plus s/h 150 more than the original price of 99.

eBay item #200382437017

3. BookPodder

BookPodder I'm a Noob!

A vendor in the "Collector's Forum" at D23 had a box out for sale in at their table for $250. However, by the afternoon, Disney was regularly restocking the boxed set in the Dream Store and selling it for its 'real' price. I suspect Disney's lack of promotion of this as an official piece of merchandise at the event may have cut into its sales on 9/9/09 (when I spoke with Event Services about it a week or so before the event, they knew nothing about it, and it never made it onto the list of items that attendees could expect to find available there, to the best of my knowledge).

Anyway, it's a beautiful set! Randy's Haunted Mansion session was great (it went on so long that the D23 people made him wrap up and, essentially, dragged him off stage in order to get him to a scheduled signing event downstairs!).

Here's some quick pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dalvarad

dalvarad Member

Still lots of mansion boxes earlier today at d23....

5. WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 Member

i want one badly but i cant get to the event m on the east coast. i have the money but no way to get to it. anyone wanna help me out and grab me one?

also, where are all these boxes at in the expo? what booth or store?

6. BookPodder

BookPodder I'm a Noob!

They've maintained a healthy supply at the D23 "Dream Store" on the main floor of the Expo. As of late this afternoon, they had replenished again, and there was at least 10 sets on the display of Haunted Mansion stuff.

7. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

Hey BookPodder--you're a long way from Cape Elizabeth! I'm over here in Auburn, Maine (actually working at the hospital in Rumford at the moment...) envious of your Disneyland trip--I haven't been out there since 1976!

Mike

8. chrisps

chrisps New Member

I have ordered the haunted mansion cd today from this site I Hope to have the new haunted mansion cd by tuesday or wednesday of next week. I have a question for Jay about the haunted mansion cd that I have ordered from this site today how many days will it take for the cd to get to Lancaster Pa and when will I get the cd next week? I can'nt wait to listen to the new haunted mansion cd when I get it in the mail next week. I am relly looking forward to listing to the phantom manor track on the new cd and I am also looking forward to listing to the haunted mansion ride through on the cd and the rest of the haunted mansion tracks that are on the cd. I had my Dad order the haunted mansion cd today before I had dinner with my family tonight and I can'nt wait to listen to the new cd sometime next week.

9. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Chris,

Your order was received at 6:17 PM and it was packed up and ready to go 20 minutes later. Your Dad should have received an e-mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number at 6:41 PM. How is that for quick service?! ;)

As it is the weekend, your package will not actually be processed by the post office until Monday. Delivery to Lancaster, PA is 2 to 3 days, so you can expect to receive your CD on Wednesday or Thursday.

Thank you, Chris, for supporting Magic Music! :)

10. WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 Member

well all, looks like my quest is over, i will be getting a haunted mansion black box set thru a friend. YEY! i can't wait till i get it in my hands!

11. nelsonj3

nelsonj3 Member

I was at WDW's MK yesterday, and I could not locate the new HM CD. They had plenty of copies of the old HM CD sitting around, and they had plenty of copies of the 2008 Official Album, but no new HM CD anywhere I looked. I check the Emporium, the Main St. Cinema/Art Store, the HM Merchandise Cart, and the "Critter Store" next to Splash Mountain (I can't remember the correct name).

Has anyone seen this new HM CD anywhere around WDW yet?

12. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Yes. ;)

13. wedroy1923

wedroy1923 Moderator Premium Member Playlist Author

Randy: Thanks so much for your work on the Haunted Mansion CD. The new ride-thru is excellent, the remaining tracks, particularly the Phantom Manor Suite, are a treat! (And, by the way, I can't wait for my story-teller CD to arrive!) While I know there are plenty of other non-park projects you would like to work on, I wish you were given the opportunity to do more attraction-specific disks like this one.

Jay: Thanks for enabling me (and others) to purchase the CD through this site. The disk arrived quickly, far quicker than it would have through either DL or WDW merchandise delivery, and the price was fair. As someone who does not live near the parks, I would be more than happy to buy other park disks through this site and encourage others to do so as well. It is not only great to get the music fast but to also support a discussion forum that gives back a lot more than I contribute.

14. chrisps

chrisps New Member

Thanks Jay for the info on my haunted mansion 40th anniversary cd I can'nt wait to get the new cd and listen to the new cd when it comes on wednesday or Thursday of this week. I am glad that I bout the cd through this site over the past weekend and I am glad that I have helped this site by buying the new haunted mansion cd set last weekend. I have a relly good Idea for this site when the news about the 2010-2011 Disneyworld official album cd gets out I think that it would be cool to have on this site to buy becuse it will better than getting the cd through the Disneyworld mail order system and I am not going to the Disneyworld resort next year and I would like to get the new cd when it comes out next year. I also think that this site should have the 2010-2011 Disneyland official album cd on this site next year when it comes out to order on this site becuse I am not going to the Disneyland resort next year and I would like a copy of the new Disneyland official album cd next year. I have a question for you Jay when is the download section of this site going to open and what is going to be in the download section of this site when it opens and will it open this month or sometime soon this year or next year?

15. bri1580

bri1580 New Member

I have now seen these releases in several locations around the resort. I picked them up yesterday at Mickey's of Hollywood in Disney's Hollywood Studios. They had ample supplies of each CD, though the attraction CDs were "hidden" behind the story CDs - each did not have its own separate spot on the shelf.

The retail price for both discs at WDW is $18.98.

16. chrisps

chrisps New Member

I have the new haunted mansion cd I got it on Wednesday of this week and I really enjoy the new haunted mansion cd and I am also glad that I bought the haunted mansion cd through this site and help support this site. Thanks Randy for making a really good haunted mansion cd I will always enjoy this cd it is the best haunted mansion cd that I have ever gotten thanks again Randy for making the haunted mansion cd this year. I hope that you do a new park cd for the Disneyworld resort next year Randy and a new Disneyland park cd next year or are you going to wait until the 40th anniversary of the Disneyworld resort in 2011 to make another cd for the Disneyworld resort? I also have a question about this site when will the downloads section of this site open and what will be in the download section of this site when it opens? I hope that the download section of this site is going to have the old Disneyland and Disneyworld park albums in the download section of this site when the download section of this site opens. I also hope that the downloads section of this site opens sometime soon this month or next month or sometime soon this year.

17. JimFromEastPA

JimFromEastPA New Member

Does anyone have the SKU# for the Haunted Mansion Boxed Set that was sold at the Mansion event? Apparently, they took the unsold sets to D23. Since then, I have been trying to locate one through DeliverEars. Unfortunately, between the clean-up from D23, and the inventory at Disneyland, DeliverEars hasn't been able to help me. I am hoping that having the SKU# will help.

18. BookPodder

BookPodder I'm a Noob!

Don't know how they track the inventory on this, but the UPC barcode printed on the back insert sheet for the box is 050087146641. The price sticker on the wrap was just a price sticker with no other codes.

19. JimFromEastPA

JimFromEastPA New Member

Thank you, Bookpodder. DeliverEars was able to find the entry in their computer using the UPC. However, they still haven't been given access to the boxed sets. They seem to indicate the sets haven't yet been found since they were brought back from the D23 Expo. I guess I get to keep calling.

20. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

for those interested in a WDW version I THINK I know how it can be done.

take the lines "Kindly step all the way in please & make room for everyone. there's NO turning back now. Our tour begins in this gallery where you see paintings of some of our guests as they appeared in there coruptuble mortal state" (take these two sentences an flip the order around and you'll have the version heard in WDW's foyer)

The library section is a bit trickier as you'd have to edit it in somehow

i THINK those are the only two script differences between Anaheim & Orlando