Sleeping Beauty Album on iTunes

Oh yeah, iTunes

October 7th will see the re-release of Sleeping Beauty WDL4018. This is the original 1959 album. Though the score cues are from George Bruns' original film tracks, Mary Costa's songs were re-recorded for this album under the supervision of Tutti Camarata. These recordings present the songs and Mary Costa's performance as the centerpiece - as opposed to just being a part a film.

In other Sleeping Beauty news, the restored soundtrack I did back in 1996 is being re-released on CD. The album has been available on iTunes for some time now, but for those who prefer the physical item, it will be available again.

Obviously, this all ties in with the Blu-Ray release of the newly restored Classic. Speaking of which, it turns out that it was the restored soundtrack CD and the elements I used to build it, that prompted the reconstruction of the score for this new release. Kinda cool!

Randy

Re: Oh yeah, iTunes

Bill said:
And..uh...more importantly...the Mary Martin version is.....?
....Available to listen to on the "Ears Record Player" until Bill gets enough signatures on his pettition for a re-release ;)

I LOVE that WDL album - - thanks Randy. Too bad we couldn't get the Mary Martin and Darlene and The Commanders and Camarata tracks too while the Sleeping Beauty gravy train was moving through - - but I'm happy and grateful for whatever you can do!

BJWanlund

Oh, that's fine Randy. I can defer Flashbeagle till another time. ;)

BJ

Joseph

I LOVE that WDL album - - thanks Randy. Too bad we couldn't get the Mary Martin and Darlene and The Commanders and Camarata tracks too while the Sleeping Beauty gravy train was moving through - - but I'm happy and grateful for whatever you can do!
And let's not forget the Clair Hogan versions of "I Wonder" and "Sing a Smiling Song" (Vista F-333 single)!

Greg - - thanks for posting this link. I've been looking, but the album does not show up on iTunes search engine for Sleeping Beauty - only the other CD.

It's listed as "Music from the Original Motion Picture," where the newer CD is called "Original Soundtrack." The easiest thing to do is search for Sleeping Beauty, click "see all" and look for the 1959 album cover that has that nice painting of Aurora, of course, sleeping. Finding stuff can be a challenge in iTunes, just like with the two Disney versions of Alice in Wonderland.