Question re: Minnie's Yoo Hoo

snowbot

Does anyone know anything about the recording of "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" found on the Classic Disney, Volume 1 CD? When was this version recorded? Who is singing it? Is this the "original" version? If not, what/where is that?
Thanks!

snowbot

Ah, I see. So I suppose the "original" version is the instrumental that appeared in "Mickey's Follies"? I there an earlier recorded version with lyrics out there anywhere?

mmouse

I believe that the performance in "Mickey's Follies" is the "original." It does indeed feature lyrics, and is not strictly instrumental. I haven't been able to verify it, but the voice may actually be Walt Disney (in the short, not the CD version). The song is by Carl Stalling, with Lyrics by Walt.

After this short, it was used as a theme for the earliest Mickey Mouse Club, and it was later indeed used as a theme for "The Mouse Factory." Sorry that I can't help with singers for those.

For more information on the song and "Mickey's Follies," look here:
http://disneyshorts.toonzone.net/years/192...eysfollies.html

W

wondergreg

The recording of "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" appearing on the "Classic Disney" CD was produced in 1968 for a Disney TV show celebrating Mickey's 40th anniversary. It was released as a single and appeared on the 1968 album, "Mickey Mouse and His Friends." In 1972, this version was used as the theme music to the syndicated "Mouse Factory" series and appeared on the 1972 "Mouse Factory Presents Mickey & His Friends" LP. It's was written by Carl Stallings, known for his early Disney work and his legendary music for Warner Brothers cartoons.

snowbot

Wow, thanks for the info! I had no idea. I don't know why I was thinking the "Mickey's Follies" version was instrumental, it's been a while since I've seen it. I need to go back and watch the short. I wish that that version was available on CD, that would be great. They should make a CD compilation of music from the old shorts. For that matter, it would be great to have the songs from the shorts in the "package films" as well, like "Melody Time" and "Make Mine Music."