Question for Randy Thornton- Musical History of Disneyland LE Numbers Above 5000

lee81

Hi Randy,

A couple of us (myself included) have received the Limited Edition box set with a number above 5000. Mine is 5024. Can you shed some light on this? Were there perhaps 5050 total produced or some other significant number?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

matt d.

Re:Question for Randy Thornton- Musical History of Disneyland LE Numbers Above 5

Hi lee81,

Count me in the above 5000 catagory. I just received #5037 -- (and am loving every minute of it!). :D

matt d.

Re:Question for Randy Thornton- Musical History of Disneyland LE Numbers Above 5

I too got a set numbered between 5000 and 5050 - I forget the exact number.

lee81

Just a little bump in case Randy stops by soon.

DwAdale

As I posted in another thread I have #5042. I've seen many numbers posted on this and other boards, so far I have yet to see a number below 0050 or one above 5050. My guess is they started at 0050 and end at 5050 for obvious numerical significance. Of course this is just a guess.

I sure would have been thrilled to get a set eight numbers higher though!

Edit: Ok. Now that I see Disney is auctioning a #0001 on ebay...There must be some other explanation.

The Numbering.

Recently, several people have posted saying that their number was over 5000 and were puzzled on how this could be. Well, so was I. So when I read these posts, I contacted out production team to find out how this could be. This is what I found out ?

It certainly is possible that someone could get a number beyond 5000 even though this is a Limited edition of 5000. This is due to the fact that we had to make over 5000 units in order to ensure that 5000 numbers were created (using the common unsecured numbering system). As you know, in manufacturing, sometimes there are problems like print materials getting jammed in the printing device, boxes getting crushed because they didn?t fall right into the machine and so forth. In order to make sure that 5000 copies are created, the project gets over numbered. So in the case of #5024, logic dictates that 24 previous numbers had to be scrapped. Though you may have a number beyond 5000, only 5000 units were released from manufacturing to the public.

In the high-end secured numbering system, once the units were manufactured, then they were numbered. This is a far more expensive system and is used by high-end editions like an Olszewski sculpture and products like that. Sure we could have used the secured system, but tha would have been more expensive for the same result. Though the set has some collectability, you can't really group it with product issues like the Olszewski type collectables. And seeing the still only 5000 are made, the unsecured numbering seemed a reasonable option and helped us keep the price affordable.

Hope that helps clear it up.

Randy

matt d.

Thanks for the reply Randy. That certainly makes sense to me. :)

matt d.