POTC Post Refurb Audio

Club 33

Playlist Author
Okay everybody-

I have ordered the CD. I chose Amazon.co.jp for my ordering pleasure (much like Amazon in the US, which is good, except in Japanese which I don't speak or read.)

Anyway, it came out to about 4000 yen including shipping (~$32.66), and should be here right around the end of the month (it ships on the 24th, then there's 2-5 business days for it to get here.

I'll let you all know what's on it when it get's here.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I ordered the POC CD from Ark Soundtrack Square (recommended by Dr. Know). The cost with shipping was $22.80.

almandot

I just realized to think about this.... but have the tokyo Pirates typically been speaking in Japanese?:p Aren't most all the rides in Japanese?

I'm curious about whether this will be or not. It should be... but there's enough obsession with johnny depp that they might want to keep his lines like in the US parks... I certainly hope it's in english just so I can supplement it as a disneyland ride-through but I hadn't thought about the issue up until now.

Club 33

Playlist Author
I just realized to think about this.... but have the tokyo Pirates typically been speaking in Japanese?:p Aren't most all the rides in Japanese?

I'm curious about whether this will be or not. It should be... but there's enough obsession with johnny depp that they might want to keep his lines like in the US parks... I certainly hope it's in english just so I can supplement it as a disneyland ride-through but I hadn't thought about the issue up until now.

That's a possibility- we'll see. It's not unheard of for the international parks to have english soundtracks (or sometimes a combination of English and the native language).

Either way, we should have the new music, which will be a big help. I already had some ideas in mind on how to do a ridethrough mix before I found out about this, so I think no matter what we should be able to come up with an excellent Disneyland ridethrough.

nelsonj3, is there any way you can post an mp3 version of your pirates post-refurb audio recording? My work doesn't let me work with torrents.

ISTCrew20

I ordered the POC CD from Ark Soundtrack Square (recommended by Dr. Know). The cost with shipping was $22.80.

Question...Didya receive yours yet? I ordered my copy from the same site and got an order confirmation email, but have yet to see the transaction show up on my statement. I was reading on other boards about people who have already received their copies, so I'm just wondering.

Yes, those who have received theirs, please chyme in and tell us what's on there! Are the voices Japanese or English? How do the new sequences sound? I don't have a clue why the post-refurb ride-thru's haven't been released in the U.S. yet. There's no way I can pay so much for the TDL import.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Pirates of the Caribbean: Special 2007 - The Attraction & Entertainment

Could they have possibly come up with a more clumsy title?

Tracks:

1 Welcome 0:28
2 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Attraction [Ride-Through Mix] 10:08
3 Pirate Overture 3:09
4 Wet & Wild Pirate Night 11:56

'Welcome' is the recording of Walt Disney saying "...we're gonna take 'em down a WATER-fall!" ;)

The 'Ride-Through Mix' starts with ambient sounds, 'Oh Susanna' on banjo, and then Japanese narration before and after the waterfall. "Dead men tell no tales" in English, more Japanese narration, eerie 'Yo Ho' music featuring a bit of flute, the storm, various pirates laughing. "Dead men tell no tales" in English again. The battle scene in both English and limited Japanese by those defending the fort, with the film music--but original captain's dialog--no sign of Barbosa. The rest is all English. "Where be Captain Jack Sparrow and the treasure, ya' bilge rat?" "Do not tell him, Carlos!" "Weigh anchor now ya' swabbies, what be I offered for this winsome wench?" "We wants the redhead!" "Search all you wants, Captain Jack Sparrow, you'll never find the treasure without a look at this here map, and this lovely key to the treasure room." "Here kitty, kitty." The 'Yo Ho' song. The jail scene. "Mangy mut!" No Jack Sparrow dialog at the end--just more 'Yo Ho' with assorted laughs and gunshots. Parrot. Fades out with 'Yo Ho' accordian music.

'Pirate Overture' is same 'ol.

'Wet & Wild Pirate Night' begins with English narration. Switches to some quick singing in Japanese. This is followed by Disneyesque singing in English. "Let's have a wet and a wild pirate night! Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A crazy good time pirate fight!" Eerie music with some Japanese narration. More Japanese. Film music. Some quick Japanese. "Jack Sparrow!" Back to the Disneyesque singing. "Let's have a wet and a wild pirate night! Yo Ho, Yo Ho! C'mon see what pirates do! Yo Ho, Yo Ho!" Dance beat with lots of 'Yo Ho's. Gong. Closes with short narration in English, dance beat, heavy electric guitar, film music, and a couple more 'Yo Ho's for good measure.

The Trout

Wait, if this is missing Depp and Rush, would it be too paranoid of me to theorize that there are licensing issues at work here that prevent their tracks from actually being released?

Couple of questions:

I'm fairly certain it's Johnny Depp's voice in the "new" WDW Pirates--but is it Geoffrey Rush as Barbosa? I couldn't convince myself during our last visit in March.

And Jay--if the Tokyo Pirates CD has a modified version of the actual attraction, without the new voices of Jack Sparrow and Barbosa--is it really worth buying? Are there enough new elements to recommend it?

Michael

almandot

i don't think it's worth buying for now.. at least for me anyways. it'd be the cave music.. new dialogue at the well scene/barrel scene, and a weird mixup of old and new stuff in the battle scene

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
And Jay--if the Tokyo Pirates CD has a modified version of the actual attraction, without the new voices of Jack Sparrow and Barbosa--is it really worth buying?

I would not buy it for the 'Ride-Through Mix.' However, the 'Wet & Wild Pirate Show' is a fun piece. It looks like a pretty cool show. I wouldn't mind seeing it here at WDW in place of what they're running in front of the castle right now.

I think they should have titled/promoted the CD as the 'Wet & Wild Pirate Show' and added the 'Ride-Through Mix' as filler. Maybe I'll re-number/re-tag my tracks that way! ;)

Thanks Jay--the "Ride Through Mix" was what I was interested in, so I think I'm going to hold off on my order...for the moment, anyway...

MZ

If I bought it, I'd buy it for the cave music alone. That is just a really cool loop. Unfortunately I can't rationalize shelling out that much cash for that one little clip. And that drives me nuts!

Hi.
I just ordered it. I loved the Avex TDL Small World disc from a few years back. Great mix, great sound, awesome booklet. I'm hoping this release is in line with that. I'm not a completist-collector, but I am interested in a ride-thru mix of the "new" Pirates. For now, it seems this is it.

TDR likes to issue these nifty "Single Attraction" O/As. I mentioned It's a Small World, but the Pooh ride disc was great too. I would purchase similar products in WDW if they existed.