Poll: Favorite Audio-Animatronic Musical Revue

David S.

Which classic original Audio-Animatronic Musical Revue-style show from the Disney theme parks would you most like to see oficially released as a soundtrack, in its entirety, on CD?

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Not an easy decision. I picked the Country Bear Jamboree because it would seem the most likely show to be released in the future - I would love a remastered digital copy!

My runner up would be the Mickey Mouse Revue, because I still have strong impressions (rather than memories - you know images, sounds, the pre-show) of that show.

I would love to see the return of the audio-animatronic musical revue - while a number of other attractions showcase the tremendous artistry of audio-animatronic, the musical revue tends to rely solely on character rather than plot or situation. The genius of Marc Davis and his talent for creating strong characters still shines through in the Country Bear Jamboree - may his work not soon be forgotten!

Best,
wedroy1923

Country Bears. No surprise, huh?

Second place...TIKI ROOM!
Runner up.... KITCHEN KABARET!

The three were such good shows! (Oh, yes, and the others... :) )

Shane

Well, I'd have to vote for The Mickey Mouse Revue, since I was never able to see it, even if I don't know what the music sounds like. But, since almost everyone that remembers the show raves about it, it must be pretty good.

The Country Bear Jamboree would be my runner-up since the complete soundtrack has been released on lp, even though it's in mono. As for the rest, since they were all released on the Forever system in, they're at the bottom of this list for me.

fabdisbabe

Well, I'd have to vote for The Mickey Mouse Revue, since I was never able to see it, even if I don't know what the music sounds like. But, since almost everyone that remembers the show raves about it, it must be pretty good.

The Country Bear Jamboree would be my runner-up since the complete soundtrack has been released on lp, even though it's in mono. As for the rest, since they were all released on the Forever system in, they're at the bottom of this list for me.

Actually, I cringe when I listen to the MMR stuff I have, because there was no real character voice department back then, and the voices are, for the most part, bad matches.

If you'd split the poll question into the different versions of CBJ/CBVH/CCC, it might make it more interesting. AmSings is my favorite, but I also love Kitchen Kabaret.

Fab

Mugsy_Balone

I voted TIKI even though I already have it on CD (restored vinyl version and WDW Forever). Of course, if the vote is for "Under New Management :mad:", then I rescind my vote and give it to da bears.

~Rick

adimike

I would have to go with the different versions of the Country Bear Shows, especially since many of the otehr shows can be found either almost complete, or pieced together from various CD sources.

Adrian

MikkiMom

Well I never got the chance to see the Mickey Mouse Revue so I'd like to at least hear the soundtrack. But I voted for Kitchen Kabaret. Have to go with Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit! :D

jason90

My vote has to go Fritz, Pierre, Jose and the gang.
A show which builds and surpases each number
as the show procedes. A near perfect Family Attraction.
(The people walking-out early during the show in the early 90s used to drive me insane :mad: especially if they left during the monsoon number allowing the bright Florida sunshine into the tropical Storm filled room, Some people have no sense of 'show')
Short attention spans give us 'New Management' O'Brother. :'(

Jason90

I have a good "Cure":

Even though I hate the new Tiki Room, several "types" of guests do. (Especially the kids due to the line 'hakuna tostata', oh brother)...

We can choose as an audience which version of the Tiki Room we'd like to see. Two buttons would be placed, one signaling the old show and one the new show. So, all that needs to be done is create a small revolving piece under the "grass". The fountain and Uh-Oa will switch when the show starts based on what the previous show was.

If it were my choice, I'd just update the old bird animatronics, sound system, add new jokes, and maybe a couple more scenes to the original (that means cutting down on the verses of some songs)...just "hyping it up" a little without destroying the quality of Walt's original classic...

Anyway, they've gotta get Iago (as a host) out of there or I'll never be able to enjoy the ole bird show again... :-[