OT: new The "E" Ticket website

ex-wdi

Hi all -
just wanted to brag a little - my first website is now live on the net. I redesigned the website for The "E" Ticket Magazine, which deals with mainly Disneyland, but also other theme park (i.e. Knott's, Pacific Ocean Park, etc.) attractions.
It's my first site & I kinda taught myself (which may be obvious) - but I'm (mostly) happy with how it came out...
Check it out at:
http://www.the-e-ticket.com
& Tiki Room/Adventureland fans may enjoy this page:
http://www.the-e-ticket.com/Issue_page_39.html

X-S Tech

WOW! That really is a beautiful website. For my tastes, one of the best I've seen. Great, great, job!

ispace

I agree, it is a very nice looking site, but it must be a nightmare for non-broadband Internet users on a slow connection. Why does everything have to be an image? Aside from performance issues, most search engines will ignore the whole site.

ex-wdi

I agree, it is a very nice looking site, but it must be a nightmare for non-broadband Internet users on a slow connection. Why does everything have to be an image? Aside from performance issues, most search engines will ignore the whole site.

Yes - it is a slow load for non-broadband people... I myself am on a 56k moden dial-up at home - and it takes a while there, but is not totally unbearable.... It was a choice I made - quality of images vs. load speed. I'd much rather have something that looks good, as more and more people are going to cable, DSL, etc... every day.
I'm confused though - why will search engines ignore the site? I did put in meta-tags.... Am I missing something?

ex-wdi, thank you for the "heads up" on the site, I haven't been there in a bit; it also reminded me that I still need to get a hold of their 2 CD-ROM's!

Is Jack going to continue onward, despite the tragic loss of Leon? Sounds like he's going to try, according to the site.

Mike

X-S Tech

Cheerful news since I'm not into Buzz Lightyear, Kim Possible, or the Power Rangers, vintage Disney from fans like the Janzen's is pretty much all that's left.