OT: Gina Lola Digital ???

s8ntmark

I was asked by a friend about an obscure Epcot character called Gina Lola Digital. Apparently, everyone thought she was a Mrs. Kazinski, because her area was in front of HISTA.

She was a face character (meaning she wasn't a fuzzy or a rubber head), she wore a spandex type costume with a cape and a helmet and rode around on a bike, and she also had semiphore flags and would signal the start of a fountain show or something like that.

This was all around 96, I think.

Does anyone know who Im talking about? Anything anyone might know, including pictures or whatever, would be appreciated :D

Thank you!

SharonKurland

s8ntmark-

Methinks you need to lay off the mushrooms for a while .

I know of one person, possibly two, who worked as Streetmosphere-type characters at Epcot around that time frame. I can ask one via e-mail and one in person and I'll get back to you, OK?

-Sharon-

s8ntmark

Thank you, Sharon :D

Actually though, it isnt me, my friend works with a girl who says she was this character at the park some years ago. She's remaining tight-lipped about it and he wants to find out what he can.

*shugs*

SharonKurland

Mark-

What's the girl's name? First and last, if you have access to it. That might help in the investigative process, since everyone who works in Entertainment at WDW knows everyone else who works in Entertainment at WDW .

You can send it as a private message, if you want.

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

OK, I got a little bit of information.

Gina Lola Digital was one of several characters known as The Innovators. They were Streetmosphere characters invented when Innoventions opened, though they wandered all over Future World.

That's all I got. But it's something.

-Sharon-

s8ntmark

Thank you, Sharon! Thats something to go on :D

No amount of info is too small ;)

SharonKurland

Trent (and s8ntmark)-

I distinctly remember seeing several Streetmo characters at Future World circa 1996-1998. Those were the years I worked at TDS and was THRILLED to go backstage via the side of Horizons to get to the Company D store. There were several CMs who I knew as past or (occasionally) present AdvClub performers nad it was REALLY cool to see them back there, coming out of what must've been the "Streetmo Trailer."

What can I say...I was a geek .

FWIW, Pleasure Island still has its share of Streeto on weekends....especially on holiday weekends.

You know who might be a REALLY good person to ask? Steve Suares.

-Sharon-