Off topic WDW question

Some very smart Disney people on this board so I figured I would try this question here

A friend of mine swears that back in the early 70s when WDW opened they were selling lifetime passes to the park for like $100. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Thanks

Steve LeVine

SharonKurland

Steve-

I've never heard of lifetime passes for sale. I'm pretty sure that when the 1,000,000th, 5,000,0000th, 10,000,000th, etc. person stepped through the gates, he or she got special passes that may have been lifetime, but I'm not sure. I know that the people who got Annual Passes during that first year of operation get "Charter Member" rates for AP's every year, which I believe is better than FL Resident rates (I don't know if Charter Member FL Resident applies ).

-Sharon-

illuminations25

Some very smart Disney people on this board so I figured I would try this question here

A friend of mine swears that back in the early 70s when WDW opened they were selling lifetime passes to the park for like $100. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Thanks

Steve LeVine

According to a source of mine this is true and here's what they told me:

Back before WDW opened they were selling Lifetime passes for the tune of $5,000. They were good essentially forever.

As to date there are supposedly less than 100 of them still around. There is no word on exactly how many were offered for sale.

Jessica L

This is true. I don't know if they were as cheap as $100, but they were very nicely priced, and did last forever. My neighbors were there when they were offering them, but passed because they were low on funds at that point in their lives. But they are kicking themselves, I assure you!

Jessica