Mulan Complete Motion Picture Score on cd

RobertKilbride

I've seen a listing on ebay for a complete score cd released by Emperor Entertainment. It seems like it must be a bootleg. But its selling for over $300. Does anyone know anything about this release?

Pandulph

AKL Fanatic
Premium Member
Well, the actual soundtrack CD runs about $5, while what you've found is a bit different. It certainly FEELS a bit bootleg, with a maxed out running time of 78 minutes. Digging around online, it looks like it was listed on Amazon for a short time and one of the buyers was fairly certain that it was a bootleg. Based on a prior release of the score also being denoted as a bootleg (Mulan: Deluxe Edition by Jerry Goldsmith - RYM/Sonemic) I'd say you've hit it on the head.

That said, even as bootlegs go, this one seems pretty rare. It is likely priced fairly appropriately.

DexterRiley

Well, the actual soundtrack CD runs about $5, while what you've found is a bit different. It certainly FEELS a bit bootleg, with a maxed out running time of 78 minutes. Digging around online, it looks like it was listed on Amazon for a short time and one of the buyers was fairly certain that it was a bootleg. Based on a prior release of the score also being denoted as a bootleg (Mulan: Deluxe Edition by Jerry Goldsmith - RYM/Sonemic) I'd say you've hit it on the head.

That said, even as bootlegs go, this one seems pretty rare. It is likely priced fairly appropriately.

Back when Footlight Records was a brick and mortar store in the East Village, I would go there on my lunch break and often buy some of their more rare titles. One of the ones I bought was "the complete score" of Mulan. My suspicion is that it was a bootleg likely made from a FYC cd. If it weren't buried in storage somewhere, I'd dig it out and post photos. I remember the quality being good which is what let me to think it was an FYC copy. Definitely not a legitimate release.