Mouse Tracks!!!

adimike

Hi, all,

I thought that you might like to see this. I found it on a great new website/blog www.cartoonbrew.com . He had some nice info on the book, as well as a lot of other great info on other animated efforts.

He also reports a website going live soon, tied to the book, www.mousetracksonline.com.

Scroll down, and you will find some info on the non-release of Song Of The South

Another great animation blog is www.mynameisearlkress.com

Enjoy,

adrian

And now the news can be told... the book has been released! Order your copy from Amazon.com or www.upress.state.ms.us TODAY, and make it a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day!

Jestyr

And now the news can be told... the book has been released! Order your copy from Amazon.com or www.upress.state.ms.us TODAY, and make it a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day!

Hi Tim!

Great book! I have a question though; I ordered the hard cover version of Mouse Tracks and it came without the beautiful cover/sleeve posted in this thread. Is that because it's the hard cover version or should I send it back to Amazon for a replacement with the cover/sleeve?

Thanks for your help!
Jess

Hi Jess,

Thanks for buying the book! The weird thing is, perhaps because it's a University press thing, they don't put dust covers on the hardback edition, so the color artwork is only available on the paperback (the same illustration is in black and white on page 42).

If you send it back to amazon and you bought it with their free shipping offer, be aware that they MAY charge you the initial shipping fee if there's nothing wrong with the book.

However, if you would like to keep the hardcover version (which is SOOOOOO nice and "official!"), I'd be happy to send you an approx. 4"x5" color, self-stick bookplate with the book cover reprinted on it (a custom print job, not a color xerox) that you can attach to the book cover. Let me know with a message if you're interested.

Jestyr

Hi Jess,

Thanks for buying the book! The weird thing is, perhaps because it's a University press thing, they don't put dust covers on the hardback edition, so the color artwork is only available on the paperback (the same illustration is in black and white on page 42).

If you send it back to amazon and you bought it with their free shipping offer, be aware that they MAY charge you the initial shipping fee if there's nothing wrong with the book.

However, if you would like to keep the hardcover version (which is SOOOOOO nice and "official!"), I'd be happy to send you an approx. 4"x5" color, self-stick bookplate with the book cover reprinted on it (a custom print job, not a color xerox) that you can attach to the book cover. Let me know with a message if you're interested.

That is incredibly generous Greg! I like having the hardcover myself - it feels more authentic; but I don't want you to go out of your way for something that it's not supposed to have in the first place. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I knew I was asking in the right place! I'll pm you.

Thanks for the most recent comments and compliments on the book. We hope that more and more of you will post your reviews here as you receive your copies. I don't know about Greg, but I guess I never thought to mention that the attractive cover appears only on the softcover version, because I assumed that anyone faced with a choice of a $25 book or a $50 one would go on the cheap anyway. (The university press primarily markets the hardcover copies to libraries, so far fewer of those are printed.)

If the book makes everyone go back and listen to their records, as Bill said, or starts someone collecting Disney on vinyl, or helps someone understand just what sort of talent was involved in producing those records, we feel we've done our job. Keep those cards and letters... er, comments coming in!

Since my little cardiac event on February 25, I've been laying low on the site.....but as I was trolling the back pages last night, I thought I'd better check the Mouse Tracks post.....the last few months have been a little weird for me, and I guess I'd forgotten that it was time already for the book to be released! WOW! It really doesn't seem like that long ago that Tim first posted on the forum that the book was in the works!

I'll order from amazon if I can't find it at Borders, unless there's a better option. And Greg, thanks for the link; interestingly, what comes up first is "The Art of Ray Harryhausen," a great book I recently purchased, which like yours and Tim's, celebrates past artistry which still inspires us today--Ray is a longtime favorite artist of mine. Thanks again for your efforts, looking forward to finally actually seeing the book!

Michael

Figaro77

Just wanted to drop by and say that I just received my copy, and from the bit that I've gotten through, it's a fantastic read! Wonderful job! I'll post more thoughts upon completion, which should be real soon, as I can't put it down.

I bought that book at Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago right before seeing "X-Men 3". It is a great book. It gives you all of the info about the history of how Disneyland Records started around 1956 until now as Walt Disney Records. It has rare never-before-seen photos like Annette Funicello, Ginny Tyler, Sterling Holloway, Teri York, Robie Lester and many others. It gives you all the in-depth look of how Disneyland Records became a children's label as well as a major label, the albums of how it was made and things like that. It's a great book, but I love it. I have lots of Disney albums on both vinyl and CD as well as on cassette. They're now collectables. You should read this book, it's amazing!

Tim and I are offered a signed book 4"x6" plate with a color reproduction of the cover to anyone who has bought the hardcover edition. The publisher cannot do a dust jacket, so we really want to offer some little extra to those who have paid for the more expensive (and very nice) version.

Just email me and we'll take care of it for you.