Most Wanted Unreleased Animated Score

will

I know some of these titles will likely never be released, but it you could choose, which would you like to see.

SharonKurland

Aristocats was released in France and the U.K....when we went to London and Pari in Spring 1996, I got the French and Englis soundtracks. Fox & The Hound, I got Story & Song (Japan?).

Any...will vote for Make Mine Music...simply because there are more (non instrumental) songs in it!

-Sharon-

Gurgitoy2

Well, that is a tough choice, but I had to pick Make Mine Music because it does have the most songs. I would really like to see all of them released here.

Kdroz

it was a toss between Robin hood and Aristocats but somehow over the years i obtained most (if not all) of the OST to the Aristocats. so the obvious choice was Robin Hood (i'm such a sucker for Phil Harris). ;D

David S.

How can I pick just one? :)

I'm a big fan of the talented Sherman Brothers, so naturally I'd be blown away if complete soundtracks to films like The Aristocats, Sword In the Stone, and The Many Adventures Of Winnie the Pooh were ever released in the states - preferably, produced by Randy with the same trademark, thorough TLC he used on all the other classic soundtracks he produced, mixing the score with the songs and presenting them together in the same sequence in which they are heard in the films.

On the other hand, I have long maintained that although the "package films" of the 40's are considered by some to be "meat and potatoes" animation (compared to the earlier animated classics and the ones that followed in the 50's), these films are musically rich and FAR FROM that comparison. To be sure, if soundtracks to films like Make Mine Music, Melody Time, and Ichabod and Mr. Toad were ever relased, I'd be COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY!

Think of all those great songs in such an incredible diversity of styles - from the beautiful, ethereal, atmospheric vocal arrangements of "Blue Bayou", "Once Upon a Wintertime", and "Trees", to the extremely catchy "After You've Gone", "Bumble Boogie", and "All the Cats Join In", the classical "Peter and the Wolf", the Latin "Blame It On The Samba", the charming "Johnny Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet" and "Little Toot", and of course "The Whale Who Wanted To Sing At The Met", a personal favorite short which I consider very underated and very moving.

And of course a soundtrack release for Ichabod and Mr. Toad would showcase the long awaited appearance of "The Merrily Song" and "Ichabod Crane".

I know we've been told these are long shots due to issues of retailers and percieved lesser demand. But, this doesn't make my wish for these soundtracks go away! :) I am hoping that if Randy's idea of eventually selling the so-called more "obscure" soundtracks over the internet (eliminating retailer issues) ever becomes reality, that there may still be a chance for these soundtrack releases after all.

In this same spirit of optimism, I would like to also nominate Fun and Fancy Free and The Three Caballeros/Saludos Amigos for soundtrack release, as these are quite possibly at the top of my release wish-list from this era.

And on a similar note, I would also love to see soundtracks for Song of the South and So Dear to My Heart. Although these are technically not considered part of the list of "numbered animated classics", they nonetheless have great songs and score and are from this same overlooked, musically rich 40's era.

David

PS. I am also a fan of all the other possible soundtracks you mentioned (Robin Hood, Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, etc.) and would love to see all of those released as well. Ultimately, I find it practcally impossible to pick just one, but I wanted to show my support for all of the above! Because I would be overjoyed with happiness if and when any or all of these soundtracks are released!

ladytramp

Great Poll!

On the basis of its opening title music alone, I voted for The Fox and the Hound. In fact, the whole score is exciting and quite dramatic. Plus, "Best of Friends" is the only song from that movie that's available on CD.

I could also go for The Sword and The Stone (a very underappreciated film, imho) and Robin Hood.

But what I'm really hoping for is a remixed CD soundtrack for Bedknobs and Broomsticks, including songs and score. Hey, I'm not picky, just the songs would be okay ;)

Thurman

SharonKurland

I agree! Great poll. but if I read the title of it as "Most Unwanted Released Animated Title" just ONE MORE TIME....

-Sharon-

Shane

Had to go for Robin Hood; that was one of those movies I used to watch over and over again as a kid.

Shane

sam253

I am the olny one who voted for The Sword in the Stone?
But I'm not surprised. It IS the most underrated animated Disney film ever... But it's the only one the Sherman bros. did ALL the songs for. Strange, huh?

SharonKurland

(Said totally tongue in cheek and not to hurt anybody's feelings, so please forgive me)

I guess I was dyslexic in my former efil .

Most Unwanted Releases indeed!

-Sharon-

Dirk

Hard vote - my prefered one has already been mentioned a few times but is not in the list: Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

Not only does it have a really great score and wonderful songs but it has Angela Lansbury performing - and I just love her voice (I still listen to hear original recording of "Mame" frequently).

Yours
Dirk

will

I didn't include BEDKNOBS & BROOMSTICKS since it is a live-action/animated film, same with SONG OF THE SOUTH. Maybe another poll is in order.