Main Street USA Area Music [MK]

Can someone post Main Street USA loop from WDW

Can someone post the loop list from Main Street USA from Walt Disney World. I lost my list.

Shane

Re:Can someone post Main Street USA loop from WDW

Here you go:

1. Goodbye, My Coney Island Baby
  2. Smiles
  3. "Old Timers" Waltz Medley (The Bowry, The Sidewalks Of New York, Sweet Rosie O'Grady, Bicycle Built For Two, And The Band Played On)
  4. Dearie
  5. In My Merry Oldsmobile
  6. Triplets
  7. Elegance (Hello, Dolly!)
  8. Before The Parade Passes By (Hello, Dolly!)
  9. Put On Your Sunday Best Clothes (Hello, Dolly!)
  10. A Symphonic Nightmare: Desecration Rag No. 1
  11. Fortuosity (The Happiest Millionaire)
  12. Let's Have A Drink On It (The Happiest Millionaire)
  13. Surrey With The Fringe On Top (Oklahoma!)
  14. Many A New Day (Oklahoma!)
  15. Kansas City (Oklahoma!)
  16. The Sidewalks Of New York
  17. Mary Is A Grand Ol' Name (Yankee Doodle Dandy)
  18. Flitterin' (Summer Magic)
  19. Summer Magic (Summer Magic)
  20. Beautiful Beulah (Summer Magic)
  21. I Could Love A Million Girls (Summer Magic)
  22. Yankee Doodle Dandy (Yankee Doodle Dandy)
  23. The Winter Garden Rag
  24. Gary, Indiana (The Music Man)
  25. Wells Fargo Wagon (The Music Man)
  26. Lida Rose (The Music Man)
  27. Iowa Stubborn (The Music Man)
  28. Oh You Drummer!
  29. The Junk Man Rag
  30. In The Hills Of Old Kentucky Medley

Yep, you're correct that Ragtime does not originate with Disney. This may date back to a mistake that I made on the old Main Street Music Loop page in crediting it to the Sherman Brothers. I also had it misidentified on the Annotated Disneyland Forever list on MousePlanet (I think it's fixed now...)

-Jason

Shane

Oohh, shame on Shane for not catching that... :p

The Scarecrow

Main Street USA Music - Please Help!

Seasons Greetings All!

I was hoping you could help me.  Could anyone please tell me where I could procure copies of these Main Street songs -

"Disneyland - Main Street USA - Area Music - Wells Fargo Wagon"

"Disneyland - Main Street USA - Area Music - Kansas City"

"Disneyland - Main Street USA - Area Music - Put on your Sunday Clothes"

"Disneyland - Main Street USA - Area Music - Surrey with the Fringe on Top"

"Disneyland - Main Street USA - Area Music - Many a New Day"

"Disneyland - Main Street USA - Area Music - Lida Rose"

"Disneyland - Main Street USA - Area Music - Iowa Stubborn"

Thanks in advance for your time.  Please email at -

damnjim@earthlink.net

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Re: Main Street USA Music - Please Help!

Could anyone please tell me where I could procure copies of these Main Street songs -
It's best, I think, to have your answers here rather than emailed to you (this is a discussion forum, after all) and you'll probably have your email picked up by the spam patrols so get ready ;)
Rodentsections
for WDW but I am not sure how that differs from DL but there's certainly some of your titles on it.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I was hoping someone would reply to this topic. Apart from the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra tracks, I have always wondered where the other tracks were sourced from.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
I Googled "Music Man soundtrack" hoping to find the older one, hoping it will have instrumentals. (I'm only familiar with the more recent adaptation.)

What about this?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Nobody tried the iPhone stuff (I'm sure some on here have a recording of it to play down their phone :) ) or even Tunatic? I've been quite surprised how much Tunatic can pick up although it can give some very "unusual" suggestions at times.
Mind you, if Horizons doesn't know, what chance have the rest of us got.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Since the only recording I have of the MSUSA BGM is in 128kbps faux stereo, I'm motivated to hunt down the source CDs for the BGM. So far, I know of Disneyland/Walt Disney World Forever (though they may be in mono), "The Whistler and His Dog" and "On the Boardwalk" by the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra.

Some of the rest of the tracks are from "The Music Man" though I'm not sure if the CD up on Amazon has vocals or not. Does anyone know of the other source CDs for the Main Street, USA area music?

Thanks in advance!!

X-S Tech

I believe that the film tunes (Music Man, Hello Dolly) were recorded by Disney, in a style meant to blend with the needledrop tracks.

Horizons

Playlist Author
After some discussion back and forth over several months, I decided to get a reference recording of the MSUSA loop, as someone suggested Flittern' was removed from the loop. In fact, all of the Summer Magic tracks (tracks 18-21 in the list above) have been removed. Does anyone know why this happened?

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
I'm appalled by the removal of the Summer Magic tracks, but have no inkling as to why they would be removed. How long is the loop now? Also, is it a jarring transition between the "Mary's a Grand Old Name" and "Yankee Doodle" tracks as if someone hastily cut them out, or do the tracks fade out into each other?

Horizons

Playlist Author
There doesn't seem to be a jarring transition between the two. Yankee Doodle starts immediately after, with no pause between the two songs.

almandot

can you hear the hints of the first note of one of the cut songs?

and is I Could Love a Million Girls in it or not? I've never ever ever ever heard it played at WDW but hear it every single time I step foot on main street at Disneyland

Horizons

Playlist Author
can you hear the hints of the first note of one of the cut songs?
I can't in my recording.

and is I Could Love a Million Girls in it or not? I've never ever ever ever heard it played at WDW but hear it every single time I step foot on main street at Disneyland
It's not in the current recording but it used to play in WDW, along with the other Summer Magic tracks.

almandot

i know it used to but it hasn't since the change... (we're talking since pre-summer 2006, whenever the change happened). everyone just insisted it still played is all