Lights of Winter

lee81

Has anyone put together a complete Lights of Winter loop?

I noticed that a couple of the tracks are listed as "original compositions" and not available on cd. Also, two of the cds used for the loop are out of print.

Just wondering if the complete loop is circulating....

Gurgitoy2

Does this seasonal "attraction" have it's own loop? I remember it being synched up to music, but I'm not sure if it was the general Epcot Christmas loop, or it's own special one. Anybody know?

sds910

I believe the Lights Of Winter loop is a separate and distinct entity from the XMAS loop that replaces the Innoventions Plaza BGM during the season. Only bits and pieces of the LoW BGM have been determined thus far.. again, AFAIK.

xfkirsten

Y'know, when I read that, I could have sworn I had the whole listing, thanks to someone who sent me a scan of a listing given out by Guest Relations. I went and checked my site against the scan, realized that I'd never filled in the blanks on the loop. I'm off to add in the last two song titles, they'll be on here shortly:

Lights of Winter

edit: Just filled in all the info I'd forgotten to add. The only thing missing is the actual track order. The date on the scan says 1999, so I'm not sure if the loop has changed since then.

tropi

I have a two part question.

1. Is the holiday music track for Epcot available by any chance? Not the candlelight processional but the loop played within the center walkway (the "Lights of Winter") and after IllumiNations.

2. Is there a list of the tracks being played for the new IllumiNations pre-show? I saw a partial listing and wasn't sure if this was something that was in the works again. I swear I heard Off-Kilter playing one of the songs, but I wasn't sure if it was really there's in the pre-show loop or not.

Thanks everyone!

Fantasmic

Does anybody have the tracks "Ding Dong Merrily on High" or "O Holy Night"? They do not appear to be in commercial release.

WishesFan

Hello, everyone!
Does anyone know where I can find a recording of the "Lights On" theme from "The Lights of Winter"? I've heard the version at Sound of Magic, but they splice in "When You Wish" from "Kiss Goodnight" and therefore, take out the end. Thanks so much for your help... and happy Turkey day! :D
-Rick

Rick (or anyone),

What is meant by the "Lights On" theme? Doesn't the Lights of Winter loop begin with a Christmas medley right after the Tree Lighting Ceremony ends?

WishesFan

Oh, sorry about that!. :) I meant the song from the tree lighting ceremony. I have a video of the ceremony and for the lights on part, it starts with the same tree lighting piece from DLP (the one from the sound of magic site), and the Voices of Liberty chime in with some "OO's" and "AHH's" at the end. It's also the same song from the end of this years "Twinkle Holiday Moment" at TDL. Here's the clip from the sound of magic site... minus the ending, this version cuts to "When You Wish."

http://www.magicsparks.com/dlp/xmas/Xmastree Ceremony.mp3

Thanks so much for your help!
-Rick

mmmfan

This music actually comes from a movie score.It's part of the main title from "The Adventures of Huck Finn" by Bill Conti.I found this out just by chance when listening to a collection of various soundtrack selections.
Hi Rick.-Please check your e-mail. :)

Dr. Know

Fascinating reuse of one of Conti's worst scores! It sounds like additional percussion effects have been added to the original soundtrack recording -- I don't remember all those tinkling bells.

disneyboi

Hi gang,

I'm excited and had to share with you all. I finally was able to land a copy of David T Clydesdale's One Special Christmas. The cd is amazing and the orchestrations are very well done. My favorite and the reason for purchase was the Starry Night (medley). It's just so beautiful and every time I hear it i just feel at peace. For those not aware of his work some of his music is featured at Epcot with the Lights of Winter. Well thanks for letting me share ;)

Tony

mmmfan

I love the lights of winter loop. This is a great CD! It's a shame that it doesn't have every selection from the loop. I know Carol of the Bells is from the David Foster CD. Also Sugarplum Fairy by Boston Pops. I think First Noel is by Clydesdale, but it isn't on this CD. ;)

Horizons

Playlist Author
I think there are two songs I couldn't locate on a source CD. It seems odd to have some material that isn't commercially available in the loop, considering the majority of the songs are otherwise available. It's happened before, though (Columbia Harbor House comes to mind).

mmmfan

Looks like Hong Kong has inherited Epcot's old tree lighting ceremony. :)

Is Epcot still using the lights of winter loop with the fountain shows?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I haven't caught a performance of the Fountain of Nations this holiday season, but it was somewhat depressing walking between World Showcase and Future World. Even my wife commented how dull the decorations were this year.

Miss Tilly

I'm a Noob!
Bill Conti's score from The Adventures Of Huck Finn seems an interesting choice for christmas music... Although, it works.

stevek

Anyone have the full tracklist for Lights of Winter? Been trying to track down some of the individual songs...specifically the section that starts with Silent Night