Light Magic ?

Gurgitoy2

There's also no introduction (a narrator explained the story...sort-of) or character voices on the CD track either. It's also missing an entire segment (when the film screens came down and they showed a montage of Disney films set to "When You Wish Upon a Star"). I really wish it was complete because I can remember the voices and when I listen to the track on the OA I have to keep remembering where they went.

Scott

The narration actually changed through the course of the summer. There started out being very little (if any), which could be why there's none on the CD. Then, as Disney realized people weren't following the storyline, they added some explanation of what was going on. It's been a while, obviously, but if I remember correctly, there were two different narration changes made, one by the official premiere, and one later in the summer.

Gurgitoy2

You're right, Scott. Since there was no narration during previews, maybe that's why it was booed? It was easy to not understand what was going on if there was no narration at the beginning.

DisneySpirit

Ok, just to set the DL history records straight. I just reviewed my Hi8 mm video tapes I shot during the 2 showings of Light Magic on the AP Premier night (one on Main St. and the other by IASW) and also the tape I took on the DL CM Preview night (by IASW) and all three showings had an introduction narration. I even took the time to transcribe it.

"Once upon a time. On a night very much like this one, something wonderful happened.
A band of enchanted pixies journeyed to the Magic Kingdom. They came from their home in the stars to share their magic with Mickey Mouse and his friends. Awakened from their sleep by the pixies, the Disney characters discovered how the magic of pixie dust and the power of starlight can make their dreams come true."

I was one of the few people who actually liked Light Magic, although I felt it was badly marketed as a Streetacular upgrade parade to the MSEP, I enjoyed the music and the floats where beautiful. It is true that where you viewed the show from would greatly affect what you could see. I was lucky to find out where the floats would stop and perform. A friend showed me the projector locations that were used during the "When You Wish Upon A Star" segments. These were always dead center of a float during the performance. :D

Scott

Darn, I hate it when facts get in the way of my faulty memory. :) I'm way too lazy to get my video of LM out, so I'll totally take your word for the intro as you described it. I was sure, though, that they still added more as the summer went along. Specifically, I seem to remember Mickey shouting "Hey gang, it's the pixies" or something like that, which I didn't think he did at the beginning.

I guess at some point I will need to get out the video and check it, since I did shoot it at various points throughout that summer.

Gurgitoy2

Scott, that's the line I distinctly remember! Mickey's line introducing the pixies, and I remember exactly where it went on the soundtrack, so every time I listen to it, I can remember where Mickey said that.

Since I wasn't there for the AP preview, I guess I was wrong about the narration. I had friends who went and they didn't remember the narration, but that could be because they weren't paying attention!

I got to see Light Magic many times (with the narration)over that summer and was glad I did. I was one of the few that liked it too, but I could see it's problems and thought that it had a lot more potential if they had just given it the attention and though that it really needed. The pixies were actually kind of scary too! I think it could have turned out more like SpectroMagic if they had planned it better, but...

Horizons Fan

Hi, sorry I have not been keeping up with DL happenings lately so pls bear with these questions:
Is Light Magic back in DL?
Is MSEP still playing at DCA?
Thanks!
-(Still a) Horizons Fan

raz012

no, Light Magic is GONE, forever gone.

MSEP is now DEP (Disney's Electrical Parade) and alive at DCA.

Katybug

DisneySpirit! or someone else!!!!

I was one of the few fans of Light Magic as well, mostly the music then the actually story line. Would it be possible to get a copy of those videos you shot? I loved the montage, and the ending music, but cannot find the full music anywhere. I do have the offical album with Light Magic on it, and I downloaded the float exit music, so all I'm missing is the opening narration and the montage. What do you say? I'll pay you back??

Caitlin