iTunes/Park Cd question for Randy

jerm

Dear sir,

As I have seen you pop back up on the boards, I am hoping you could give us a update on the park cd's for this year and what is going on with iTunes? I know that 20,000 and a few other just came out and sound amazing, but I have been trying to find the Disney Afternoon which was said to be released on iTunes but still it seems to be MIA? Any update would make us all drool I am sure.

J

It?s great to be back!

Though DisneyMuzik has already provided a link to ?The Disney Afternoon? on iTunes, the other ?missing? titles (?Songs from Lady and the Tramp? and ?The Country Bear Jamboree?) are also up now. The delay was due to an issue with the meta-data involving those titles. It has nothing to do with the audio, but the informational data needed to correctly upload the albums. All that was quickly provided, but it takes some time to go through the system. I?ve also asked that the ?Partial Album? classification for ?Annette Sings Anka? be corrected as well ? as it is indeed the entire album. Last time I checked, it was still listed as ?partial?, but I have every confidence that it too will be fixed soon.

As for the updates to the next Official Albums, they are scheduled for release around the first week of April (plus 1 day) ? unless something unforeseen happens. Please forgive me, but I feel it?s best to wait until the release date is a bit closer before I say anything about what?s on it. I will say two things ? 1) ?the list? of new tracks that?s been going around lately is half right, and 2) both albums remain as 2 Disc Sets.

Though I have been reading the site lo these many months, it really is great to be actively participating again. Thanks Trent for getting me back on!

Randy

WDWGuy08

So looks like the release date the anonymous poster left on my site was correct, THANK YOU, whoever you are! Also, looks like I was half right on the new tracks being released, thanks to my sources for the confirmations! ---

I wonder which of these are correct?

1. Reflections of China - Richard Bellis --- CONFIRMED
2. Gran Fiesta Tour - Richard Bellis
3. Spaceship Earth "Descent" - NEW Version, music by Bruce Broughton!!!
4. O Canada (O Canada) - NEW show, song by Eva Avila!!!
---
5. The Seas with Nemo and Friends "Big Blue World"
6. Epcot Entrance Loop Track - A New One
7. Mission: Space - Trevor Rabin
8. Mickey's Philharmagic
9. Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor

the recently updated version of "Golden Dreams" from "The American Adventure" might be on it as well.

Here is what I would "LIKE" to see on the 2007-08 WDW OA:

1. Ellen's Energy Adventure - More Music (Solar Energy and No Easy Answers) - Which would make it 4:50 long!!!
2. Mission: Space - Pre-Show(s) and/or Main Ride
3. Mickey's Philharmagic
4. Dinosaur - Pre-Show Film Music
5. Reflections of China
6. The Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management - A NEW Song
7. The Great Movie Ride
8. Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor
9. The Seas with Nemo and Friends

will

Randy,
Thank you soooo much for the 20K soundtrack release - I can also finally put my boot to bed, with this magnificent release. So, can we expect further 'unreleased' soundtracks on iTunes that have previously been available on 'boots' like "Something Wicked This Way Comes", "The Journey of Natty Gann", "That Darn Cat!", or "The Black Cauldron"? I know you probably can't say, but if so, keep up the good work!

Gurgitoy2

Thanks for the update, Randy. You said "Official Albums", so that means there will be a new one for Disneyland as well....I am really curious to find out what's on that one once the relaease date is closer!

BJWanlund

Hey Will:

Black Cauldron's already up on iTunes!

BJ

BJWanlund

Also, it's so nice having you back, Randy! I missed you personally.

I really am going to enjoy the releases! I'll be getting them one by one...

I'd seriously like to know what's going on with a new Three Caballeros/Saludos Amigos TRUE official album release, as well as some of the properties that Disney has picked up in the past few years (*cough* Muppet Babies *cough*).

BJ

Gurgitoy2

Hey Will:

Black Cauldron's already up on iTunes!

BJ

Yes, but it's the abridged version by Varese Sarabande (also it's not the actual soundtrack, but a re-recording). Will meant a full, restored actual soundtrack.

jerm

Thank you Randy, I went and got Disney Afternoon right after your post and LOVE IT! I am really looking forward to the OA's for both resorts. But giving us a tease of each would do nothing but build our drool factor.

X-S Tech

Did Disney pick up Muppet babies? I think the agreement with Henson only covered the Muppets proper. Muppet Babies was produced with Marvel, so I would suspect it's not part of the agreement.

WDWGuy08

Randy,

is it possible to tell us which tracks will NOT be returning on the official album this year?

Keep in mind that though some tracks have been removed, it doesn?t mean that an equal number of tracks replace them. Both discs on both sets are still full; it?s just that some of the new tracks are longer. With that said, here?s what?s gone ?

DISNEYLAND
?Beautiful Beulah?
?All Aboard the Mine Train?
?Welcome To Tomorrowland?
?The Droid Room?
?Beauty and the Bees (Beauty and the Beast)?

WALT DISNEY WORLD
?Old Betsy?
?The Tree of Life Theme?

Sorry, but this has to be the last I talk about the content until the end of March.

Randy Thornton

WDWGuy08

hi mr. thornton,

that's fine i understand. i just thought i would ask. i did not know if you could tell us or not, but obviously you can, thank you, i appreciate it! i am really looking forward to seeing what has been added this time round. can i ask one more quick question on it though, i am sure some of us are wondering why it wasnt released in oct/nov like it usually is? any insight into that? i and a few others believe it was so new material could be added from recently opened attractions!

Another question for Mr. Thornton:

Will the "Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for Me" track be updated on the OA's to include the new additions, including Jack Sparrow's version of the song?

WDWGuy08

Another question for Mr. Thornton:

Will the "Yo Ho, A Pirates Life for Me" track be updated on the OA's to include the new additions, including Jack Sparrow's version of the song?

"Sorry, but this has to be the last I talk about the content until the end of March."

Randy Thornton

D

Dr. Ocer Rp.M.

disneyphilip,

I know for a fact that Randy has been requesting Sparrow?s verse for the last 2 years. Unfortunately, we had to tell him that record clearances were impossible. You?ll notice that the recent Japanese CD doesn?t include it either.

Doc

Gurgitoy2

Keep in mind that though some tracks have been removed, it doesn?t mean that an equal number of tracks replace them. Both discs on both sets are still full; it?s just that some of the new tracks are longer. With that said, here?s what?s gone ?

DISNEYLAND
?Beautiful Beulah?
?All Aboard the Mine Train?
?The Droid Room?
?Beauty and the Bees (Beauty and the Beast)?

WALT DISNEY WORLD
?Old Betsy?
?The Tree of Life Theme?

Sorry, but this has to be the last I talk about the content until the end of March.

Randy Thornton

Thanks for that. I can't say I'm sad to see any of those go. I think they are perfect fodder to be replaced with new/longer stuff. Especially "Droid Room", "Beauty and the Bees" and "Tree of Life Theme". It's about time those got put out to pasture on OA's!

I'm looking forward to both albums!