HMH 2001--composer? Ghost Host? Leota?--also, HMH @ WDW!

Everyone probably knows this, but who was the composer/arranger for last year's Haunted Mansion Holiday? Also, who did the uncanny Paul Frees impression for the Ghost Host--and who did their best Eleanor Audley for Leota? Finally, has anyone else heard that the Haunted Mansion Holiday is coming to WDW next year? I just heard this from a local source who had no doubt in his source--any further confirmation? Thanks, Mike.

Corey Burton did the wonderful Paul Frees voice. He has an official web site (www.coreyburton.net); the direct link to his Disney theme park credits is here: http://www.coreyburton.com/disparks.html. Two things he didn't include there are the Fun Phone on the second level exit of Innoventions at Disneyland (a wonderful parody of the Adventure Thru Inner Space introduction) and I think the Pirates preview narrations on the Disneyland Forever kiosks.

The face of Leota was definitely Kim Irvine (Imagineer and daughter of the original model, Leota Toombs/Thomas). I'm not sure she did the voice as well, but it's definitely a possibility.

-Jason

SharonKurland

Mike-

Jason has the voice information correct. To learn more than you EVER thought you could know about any of the Hanted Mansions OR Phantom Manor, http://www.doombuggies.com is an EXCELLENT source. One of the regular posters on the message base is the main Techician for the Mansion and he gives us a lot of really cool information.

As for HMH...everything points to it, but you know Disney...it's not confirmed until it actually HAPPENS . Personally, I'd just as soon they leave WDW's HM alone, but they don't ask my opinions on these things .

-Sharon-

Thanks, Jason and Sharon! I wondered if that could have been Corey doing the Paul Frees--it's almost TOO eerily Frees at times, what a great job! I've been following Corey's work ever since I took note of him a few years back on one of my son's Goosebumps audiotapes, "Deep Trouble," voicing the scientist Dr. Deep(Disney put out several audios in the series). And Jason, thanks for mentioning the website! Sharon, doombuggies.com is definitely THE Haunted Mansion site--I haven't checked it lately, but will--thanks for the reminder; I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you on the forum lately, but just figured that that was the result of Christmas and marital bliss--right??? Anyway, "scary Christmas" to all, as they say--Mike. P. S. Any word about the musical composer/arranger?

SharonKurland

Mike-

Oh, I haven't gone anywhere. I'm here every day, most often several times a day, but a lot of the recent discussions were about things that I know very little about...so I just read and (GASP!) kept my mouth shut. Don't worry...when I have something to say, I still do .

I got 4 TDS CD's for Christmas and suspect I'll get some more for my birthday in March .

-Sharon-

X-S Tech

I thought that Paul Frees' son had done the narration. I'm kind of disappointed. Did he do the Tomorrowland phone? Does Paul Frees even have a son? I feel so gullible. It is an awesome impression who ever it is (Mansion that is; Tomorrowland phone-close but not so much)

I thought that Paul Frees' son had done the narration. I'm kind of disappointed. Did he do the Tomorrowland phone? Does Paul Frees even have a son? I feel so gullible. It is an awesome impression who ever it is (Mansion that is; Tomorrowland phone-close but not so much)

Paul did have at least one son, Fred, who provided the narration bits on the Disneyland Forever selection screen for the Mansion CD.

-Jason