Hey, Sharon, question for you...

Gurgitoy2

How many Disney CD's do you have? I'm just curious. Do you keep a list of them, or do you just try to remember them off the top of your head and hope you don't buy duplicates?

Gurgitoy2

Me...I'm one CD away from 400... Just one darn CD! I almost feel compelled to go out and buy ANY Disney CD just to make the mark, but I'm not feeling any love for the recent CD releases...except maybe "O Mickey"...I just won't pay full price for it...Maybe Wal-Mart or Target.

I keep a list too, just in case I should accidentally buy a duplicate. It's nice to look on the list and say "Oh, yeah, I already have that!"

SharonKurland

Well, I USED to have them all listed on KeepItCompact, but when they changed names and I had to re-install the program, my files got erased by mistake (I didn't do it. My husband did. And he DID know better too). So right now no, I don't have a running list. That means delays of when I buy things because I'm not sure if I have them or not. Also means buying the occasional duplicate (right now I'm hoping to find my Monsters Inc Scream Factory and/or Christmas At Home receipts so I can return 'em ).

Hold on one second. OK. I counted. I bought Disney CD #563 yesterday.

But that's NOTHING in comparison to the 5000 pins I have .

-Sharon-

Gurgitoy2

That's a lot of pins!! I did collect some pins before the craze hit (like in the early 90's), but I only got what I liked, so I really have very little. I did, unfortunately, get into the beanie craze, and still have bags of ugly Disney ones that look nothing like the characters...When the pin craze came quickly after, I knew better than to jump on that. Plus I was focusing on my CD's, and couldn't spend the $$ on much else.

SharonKurland

Ben-

I started collecting pins during the first Disneyana Convention in Sept. 1992. Kept collecting until Aug. 2001, when, to get the "special limited edition" pin from one of their Pin Events, I had to stay overnight in my car in the TTC parking lot, queued up. It was hot, it was muggy and it was impossible to sleep. Around 5:30am, I turned to my then-fiance (now husband...the same one who messed up KeepItCompact ) and said, "I don't want to do this anymore. I want to go home." I had just had it. From that point on, I've bought less and less pins...last one I bought was sometime in 2002, I think. I plan to start buying again when the hoopla has died down, you don't have to stand in queues and they stop releasing dozens a month.

I tend to go back and forth in my "obsessions." Pins and CD's went back and forth for nearly 10 years, vying for my attention . Besides buying very few pins, I've also cut back drastically on CD's...right now I only buy the current domestic releases and, despite my joking about it, don't search for them in Pig Latin and Esperanto . Joe and I bought a house in November so I tend to be more focused on that.

Well, that and the Tungsten W PDA that i REALLY, REALLY want .

GD