Guest Relations Listings

Club 33

Playlist Author
There are several threads here on the board relating to music listings that have been provided by Guest Relations over the years. While they aren't always totally accurate, they do at least often provide a good starting point for our listings.

What I would like to do is try and put together a collection of these listings- preferably scans of actual lists that have been given at the parks. I have a couple of scans as such that I've found on the internet over the years- one such can I posted a while back as part of my Honey I Shrunk the Audience Playset listing:

One reason I'm interested in seeing more of these is that it is my hope- albeit a rather unlikely one- to make copies of my listings to give to the resort so that if someone asks, they do have them. Sure, they'll probably be thrown right in the trash, but at least I can say I tried.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Wow, perfect! What an excellent resource. There are some members who have posted about recieving photocopies of listings from DLR guest relations, I may try contacting them to see if we can get some west coast scans on here too.

Gurgitoy2

Thanks Horizons, for those scans! I have the same ones from EPCOT from the same time period. It's funny, I never thought to ask if they had them at Disneyland...I wonder...

monorail91

I don't have a scanner, but here is a word-for-word copy of the Main Street USA music listing I got from Disneyland in California. I got it in 2001 or 2002 I believe.

MAIN STREET, U.S.A. AREA MUSIC

1. "Goodbye My Coney Island Baby" 2:00 min
2. "Smiles" 2:56 min
3. "Old Timers Waltz Medley" 4:23 min
4. "Dearie" 1:37 min
5. "In My Merry Oldsmobile" 1:59 min
6. "Triplets" 2:05 min
7. "Elegance" (Hello, Dolly!) 1:34 min
8. "Aviation Rag" (Hello, Dolly!) 2:11 min
9. "Sunday Clothes" (Hello, Dolly!) 2:33 min
10. "Desecration Rag" 1:53 min
11. "Fortuosity" (The Happiest Millionaire) 1:43 min
12. "Let's Have a Drink On It" (The Happiest Millionaire) 1:32 min
13. "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" (Oklahoma!) 1:48 min
14. "Many a New Day" (Oklahoma!) 1:49 min
15. "Everything's Up to Date in Kansas City" (Oklahoma!) 2:23 min
16. "Sidewalks of New York" 2:04 min
17. "Mary's a Grand Old Name" 1:36 min
18. "Flitterin'" (Disney's Summer Magic) 1:45 min
19. "Summer Magic" (Disney's Summer Magic) 2:03 min
20. "Beautiful Beulah" (Disney's Summer Magic) 1:33 min
21. "I Could Love a Million Girls" (Ragtime) 2:11 min
22. "Yankee Doodle Dandee" 2:38 min
23. "The Winter Garden Rag" 1:58 min
24. "Wells Fargo Wagon" (The Music Man) 2:14 min
25. "Lyda Rose" (The Music Man) 2:07 min
26. "Iowa Stubborn" (The Music Man) 1:53 min
27. "Oh You Drummer!" 1:35 min
28. "The Junk Man Rag" 2:06 min
29. "In the Hills of Old Kentucky" 2:35 min

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Won't be of much help to your present project but knowing how these ideas grow............ :rolleyes:
From DLRP, the listings that have been provided by the park are marked as such in my blog.
They have mostly been email replies but there was one pdf and quite detailed for the studios although I had to copy and paste it. Full details of CDs etc with reference numbers etc..
http://www.magicmusic.net/blog/16/entry-199-animation-courtyard/
You are welcome to copy anything you want of course.

RockyMtnMinnie

Well, this will help my latest obsession. Combine trying to find all these sound files and document all their sources with my tendency to go OCD and it's been quite the experience. There is always one or two that are difficult to find after finding the majority. Right now I haven't been able to sleep until I find the Main Street Music Man/ Oklahoma / Hello Dolly tracks. And that stupid Heffalumps and Woozles version in the Esplanade is giving me fits.

I think there are quite a few of us here with OCD issues. We might not have all this detail, if it were not for it though. (I am in the OCD Group, and I think I am pretty close to the front of the line!) :)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Somewhere I have a multi-page "Impressions de France" handout (circa 1990) which contains a scene-by-scene listing in addition to the featured music. The contents of the handout essentially consist of the "Scene list" section of blm07's Wikipedia page for the film: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressions_de_France. I'll try to dig up the actual handout, scan it, and post it.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Below is the four-page, circa-1990 listing for Impressions de France I referenced above. I know that Horizons has already posted two different listings of the music here, but I prefer this listing (despite the error noted below) because it has a scene-by-scene breakdown of the film.

(Note: The "4th movement" errors on pages 1 and 4 of the listing for Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony were corrected in later listings - as seen above in messages #2 and #3 above.)

IdF_1.jpg
IdF_2.jpg
IdF_3.jpg
IdF_4.jpg

(Sorry for the crinkly-looking paper, but after all, it's 20 years old!!)

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Below is the four-page, circa-1990 listing for Impressions de France I referenced above. I know that Horizons has already posted two different listings of the music here, but I prefer this listing (despite the error noted below) because it has a scene-by-scene breakdown of the film.

(Note: The "4th movement" errors on pages 1 and 4 of the listing for Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony were corrected in later listings - as seen above in messages #2 and #3 above.)

(Sorry for the crinkly-looking paper, but after all, it's 20 years old!!)

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I've heard about this document for a long time but never actually got to see it. Do they give a less-detailed version of this list out still?

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Wow! Thanks for sharing. I've heard about this document for a long time but never actually got to see it. Do they give a less-detailed version of this list out still?
I have no idea but if I had to guess, I'd say yes, the current handout is the less-detailed version. I later got my hands on the same listing that Horizons posted above in message #2 and was disappointed that it included less detail for Impressions de France. You'd think they would have built upon what they had created before.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Does the Tower of Terror "queue and outside area" count the lobby?
Yes it's the same loop. The only different music is when you exit the attraction and immediately prior to the area where you purchase the on-ride picture. There is a ~5m loop that plays in this location.