Grammies

Dirk

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

at last night's Grammy Award Show Disney was able to bring home two Grammies ...

1. Best Childrens' Record for Monsters Inc. Scream Factory Favorites

2. Best Song Written for a Motion Picture Soundtrack: If I didn't Have You (from Monsters Inc.)

While this is good news (even so I personally would have voted against Scream Factory Favorites just due to it being too short) it also shows some basic problem: both Grammies were awarded to Disney projects asociated with a Disney Pixar movie. Neither of the "solo" Disney projects managed to get into the list of award winners ... sad tale ... but then what do you expect if you reheat old Elvis Songs and release rincess Sing-A-Long-CDs??

Yours
Dirk

Yes...

The Clash.

Bruce won also, right?

I never watch the Grammies as I don't know or care about most of these new artists (and I am using that word loosely).

Musically...times are really tough right now, but you know....the last time that things got this bad...The Beatles came along to fill the void.

The Clash Tribute was Elvis Costello, his drummer Pete Thomas, Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, E Street Band guitarist Steven Van Zandt and No Doubt bassist Tony Kanal. They did a pretty intense version of London Calling with all 4 guitarists taking turns singing. Bruce did win a few Grammys.

I met Steven Van Zandt...

back in 1978...and you know what? He is "little."

I have heard that Bruce was going to sit in with the Clash when they are inducted. I have also heard Paul Simonon state that it would ruin their reputation playing at an awards banquet where it cost $1,500 to attend.