Epcot International Gateway

International Gateway Loop

Alright; I've another lightly documented loop on my hands that has me scratching my head. I've searched the archives and googled it to death but to no avail. (BTW -- many thanks to DC-88 for the info on the Sunshine Pavilion Loop.) The id3 tag lists the title as Area Music Loop, the artist as Disney, and the album as International Gateway with no year marked. I've cataloged it as International Gateway Area Music. The file length is 59:43 and contains 22 tracks all of which relate to the World Showcase pavilions of France, UK, Japan or China, and the American Adventure with the vast majority 'French sounding' in arrangement. (French accordion, mandolin or acoustic rhythm guitar.) Any ideas on this one? Thanks!

sds910

Re:International Gateway Loop

Hm. All I can tell you without some careful listening is that the International Gateway Loop that I cleaned up from someone else's induction recording runs about 10 seconds shorter than the timedown you have listed -- of course, that could be a simple typo or something. That's certainly not *my* ID3 tag, however, so whether this is the real thing or a wolf in sheep's clothing isn't immediately apparent.

The real International Gateway BGM loop does feature that kind of variety of music and is played at two locations in World Showcase, the entrances leading to Future World and to the Boardwalk hotels (between the France and UK pavilions).

Hope that helps...

S.

Thanks, S.

I took a closer look at the track lengths and it seems one or more of the tracks towards the end of the loop fail to play out to the length listed. Perhaps this file is a copy of yours, and someone has tinkered with it before it came to me. Regardless, at least I've got the file and it is in rather good listening condition. If it is a copy of yours, thanks for the cleaning!

Do you recall the date, by any chance, of the induction recording you edited? I know I've heard these tracks at the International Gateway entrance while waiting on the Friendship boats and while loitering in that area at park closing time. (We're Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach Club resort regulars.) What I'm interested in finding out is if there's only been *one* loop for these areas of if it's changed over the years. I'm thinking this is one area where a loop can stay as is for quite some time without anyone realizing it or, more importantly, without it detracting from anyone's experience. Thanks, again!

Is there any chance you could shoot me the MP3? I could definitely tell you whether or not it is the Gateway loop. I did Friendships for my College Program in '96 and I have looked for that loop ever since. I can tell you that it hasn't changed since at least 1996. They play it in various other areas of World Showcase as well, possibly around the Towers at the entrance to Showcase and the Friendship docks.

I loved that loop, despite hearing it ad infinitum. I can hear it playing in my head at will. If you can email it to crawford@michaelcrawford.com I'd be forever greatful

thanks
Michael

MiklCraw4d -- I'll send you an e-mail and we'll work out the arrangements. Thanks for your interest!

sds910

I do believe the recording was made last summer; to the best of my knowledge the loop in question has never changed since the park opened.

Steve

I think I may have heard "Molly Malone (Cockles and Mussels)," "La Vie en Rose," and "Ay Zandunga" in there...
For those of you who have seen "The Three Caballeros," you may recognize the latter tune...

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I think I may have heard "Molly Malone (Cockles and Mussels)," "La Vie en Rose," and "Ay Zandunga" in there...
For those of you who have seen "The Three Caballeros," you may recognize the latter tune...

WOW! an 8-year "bump" :lol:

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Maestrojosh87: I have made some headway on identifying the tunes used in this loop. You can find a working playlist here: World Showcase Plaza