Eisner to step down

Dirk

Tell me if I am wrong ... but did his contract not end in 2006 anyway? As far as I remember several commentators already sad before the AGM that Eisner would leave at latest once his current contract expires due to the controversy and the age.

So basically I would say the statements released right now are jsut a clever trick. Up to right now there were some people gaining the public's attention by pointing to Eisner, his latest results at TWDC and asking for his ouster - now it is easy to say for Eisner: what is all that fuss about, I'm gone go soon anyway and this few months left will allow a soft transition and are actually good for the company.

Yours
Dirk

Tink

now it is easy to say for Eisner: what is all that fuss about, I'm gone go soon anyway and this few months left will allow a soft transition and are actually good for the company.

Yours
Dirk

Bingo! Eisner has effectively "won" the war by being able to go out on his terms and on his schedule. Like it or not, he used the his boardroom intelligence to outlast and survive the initial attacks by Roy and co. Because he was able to survive the initial barrage of media complaints, he was able to regroup and announce his own exit. And if Jim Hill's sources are correct- he'll still be around to help run the company as both a paid consultant and a borad member once his contract is up. Here's hoping he actually learned something this past year and won't just keep making the same mistakes for the next two years....

Tink

Technirama70

I says vote'em all out and let Disney and Gold replace the whole board!

Iger or Pressler would just be a "puppet" regime for Eisner to control from home.