DL's Submarine Voyage Queue Music

X-S Tech

Towards the end of it's run, I remember DL's subs playing WDW's queue loop and Nemo narration in the queue. I only remember hearing it once or twice, not realizing at the time that it was unusual. Does anyone have details about how long it played there, what years, and perhaps what inspired WDI to use the somewhat misplaced narration?

ex-wdi

I remember it as the WDW BGM, but with a different, more scientific narrator.... Not Nemo - anyone else remember?

EX-WDI is correct!..........the music was updated, but the que narration remained the same----same voice actor as the subs captain....i don't have his name here at hand.

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER

X-S Tech

Wait I'm confused. Ex-WDI said it was the SAME MUSIC and a different Narrator, not vice-versa.

Which was it?

I didn't hear WDW's queue until DL's subs were gone, and upon hearing it my first thought was "Oh that's what they played at DL!". So it very well may have just been something in the same vein and not exactly the same.

WDW kept the same Narration by Pete Renoduet..who played "NEMO", and got new music in 92/93 (from music done for EDL)

DL, also kept it's same que narration.....featuring the same voice as the Submarine Voyage captain......and for a short time also featured the new "EDL/WDW" music.....towards the end the que music and narrations was completely absent.

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER

OK..I'm sorry.....CORRECTION:
Disneyland NEVER played any of the EDL/WDW que music, it remained the same music with the same narration.....(the narration was far more scientific as EX-WDI said, but it was the same voice as the Sub Voyage captain.....he talked about medicines and even the "intriging maganese nodules that liter the ocean floor....."

whew....I was getting mixed up.

DL FLIGHT 295

Dirk

The submarines used music written for EDL?? With EDL I assume you mean the Disneyland Paris / Euro Disneyland Paris / Euro Disneyland??

Now I'm curious ... which music was that? It is the first time that I hear anything like this.

THANKS in advance,

Yours
Dirk

There was quite a bit of new newly recorded music done for EDL (now Disneyland Paris) During this time all this new music began to replace older tracks that dated from the 60's and 70's. A good example was the current Main Street USA BGM......a combination of needle drop track (Paragon Ragtyme) and Disney recorded music. Slowly, WDW began to incorporate the newer music......WDW's Frontierland BGM, Main Street BGM......King Stefan's began to use music from the EDL Cinderillion restaraunt........(Dl used it in there Disney Gallery)..........WDW's 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA then replaced it's que music featuring about 7 short seafaring tunes....the same ones Disneyland was using for it's SUBMARINE VOYAGE........with NEW music that was mostly recorded for ADVENTURE ISLE and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN. So, in the later years of 20K at WDW, the que music was comprised of selected music done for EDL's ADVENTURE ISLE and area.

Now, say ADVENTURE ISLE uses 30 new(new in 1992) recorded tracks...........only selected tracks were used for 20k.ones that best fit the theme.

This is not new, for example, for BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RR, many tracks were recorded for this project in 1978/79...........say out of 25 tunes, a certain number were used for DL. Later some of the same DL tracks were selected along with other tracks and combined to make up Tokyo Disneyland's.......that's why many of the old DISNEYLAND FOREVER TRACKS had BIG THUNDER tracks that were never used at DL (ie....The Apple Dumpling Gang, Cowboy Needs a Horse) these were on the Main theme source tapes........and Imagineer's could use them for similar theme projects.................even The Good Turn Rest. at EPCOT CENTER used some Big Thunder recording session tracks in it's wait area.......

DL FLIGHT 295
AKA
DC-88 SPACELINER

295, you are a fountain of information. Can I come with you next "Take Your Kid To Work Day?"

Dirk

Thanks DL Flight 295!

While I was aware that the DLRP Main Street Loop made its way across the pond I never knew about the new recordings for Adventure Isle making it to the Submarines.

Yours
Dirk