DLRP Disney Clothiers BGM

ebbelein

During my last visit in March there was a seperate loop playing at Disney Clothiers Boutique (located on the right side of Main Street) - These were some classic waltz and ballad tunes played by piano, cello and violin. Sadly i don´t know these quite familiar tunes by name. One of the tunes was the same song, that magician Harry Blackstone used for his flying lightbulb act...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaE-7JYnyjY

He even used a (re-orchestrated) version of this tune in a tv magic special from Euro Disney.

Has this loop been identified yet? Or could somebody tell me the name of the tune from Blackstone´s show, so i could do some research?

Thanks
ebbelein

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
On our "to do" list for this year ;)
Not the easiest place to record in though. As you know, the stores are very noisy and difficult to stand in the middle of with a recorder for any length of time.
There are a few stores in DLRP that have their own loops when we do hope to get at some stage if we can.

ebbelein

looking forward to your results, eyore...

i looked the song up on itunes, there are quite a few albums that have this song and some other turn-of-the-century songs that sound like tunes from this loop (arrangements for violin and piano). I wonder if this loop is completely needle-drop...

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Almost certainly all needle drop. They all are with few exceptions (Walt's, for instance).
I have a few snippets from stores (usually less than even one full track) but enough to say (in the comfort of my home and with time to spare) that there is a loop for a store.
The Amazon link you gave looks promising - that's just the sort of CD they use and there may be several tracks from the one CD in there (I think they are less likely to spend the time and effort for making a compilation for a store BGM but that's just a hope).
Needmagic is going first so hopefully he can grab the loop. If not, I follow in August.
Don't get your hopes up too much though, horrible places to record in. I did manage a few minutes in a children's section but, at my age, started getting suspicious looks (my son is 21!). I need to hire a small child by the hour I think to accompany me.
I hope, at least, to identify which stores have their own loop and which ones share loops with others (I think Walt's an Lilly's boutique share but that's another one to check). The stores seem to come bottom of the list for collecting the information (area loops and attractions first, then Hotels, then restaurants and restrooms and then stores). They are, of course, the hardest places to spend an hour or so in one place :lol:

DavidG

Well, seeing that Lilly's used to be part of Walt's, it's likely that they still share the same loop; I imagine they wouldn't even have separate audio channels.

From my notes, Harrington's shares the Plaza Gardens loop while Disney & Co. and Boardwalk Candy Palace both play organ music but I'm not sure if they're the same.

I seem to remember that Eddie Sotto once said that Main Street at DLP has 11 channels of background music…

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
I know I've heard 'Tell her at Twighlight' from Down Peacock Alley but from which shop I'm not sure ... It may have been the next shop down from the photography store. Hopefully wel'll know more in a few weeks

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
sorry this is rather late but Disney Clothiers, in May and August 2012, was playing the Emporium loop (live recordings made). Looks like another original loop may have bitten the dust.

DavidG

No, Disney Clothiers has always shared the Emporium loop actually. A different recording of the track discussed above is part of that loop (under the name "Poem"). It's track 13 in your listing and track 11 in the actual loop.

It seems to me that the "loop list" you put up on the blog is more or less exactly the CD album linked to above. It must have been mistaken for the loop at some point.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Ah, right, that explains it. Wrong source album selected.
Mind you, that listing was published "somewhere" as the Disney Clothier's playlist (unfortunately the person who passed it to me didn't remember where he found it :rolleyes:
Probably someone heard Poem, misidentified it and made the presumption that it was that CD that was being used.
Shows how important live recording are.
Thanks for that. I'll let him know.