DL & WDW OA 06' - Inform us Randy!

cm

Heh does it include the hedgehog singing "he's looking for, a little more adventure but he's heading for" etc from wdw again?

See here's the thing - I sit down with the intent of just listening, and I get slammed with IMs from all these people I've been trying to get in touch with for days but have been away. I don't *think* Br'er Porkupine was in it this time - but yeah, that always annoyed me that he was included over and over without even a voice in the CA ride! (for those that don't know, he's right after the Leavin' Home scene in Florida, but not found until just the beginning of the finale in California).

I'm going through things now - but I can tell you, Remember *is* actually the new show narration, not the 50th. I have to say, given the amount of rehash, I'm surprised they bothered to include this. Pirates, as said, is the same. Why even bother commenting on the Haunted Mansion? Ha! As someone said, Space Mountain is identical to the track we all found floating online a few months back. The Monsters track has a nice lounge-y sound to it, but I suppose that's how the movie music was to begin with. The Bugs Suite is quite enjoyable - a BGM clip from DCA.

Otherwise I really haven't come accross anything worth talking to. Another lack-luster album if you ask me (though I certainly can't fault Disneyland like I can WDW - that 50th set last year was nothing shy of amazing, and obviously hard to follow up). Either way, mark this one up for definitely a download CD!

Ok so I finally had time to listen to the whole thing (and time to make a new name! woo hoo!)

First off- ::sick:: Br'er Porkupine *is* on the Splash track. Ugh. But as mentioned, the one plus is that it *does* include the proper C-Lift Approach Music. I just do not understand why they can't get this mix right, ever.

Space Mountain, while the same track that we've all had from the 'net for several months is a bit better quality sound, so I'd give it the nod and delete the other one. As noted, SFX are omitted.

A Bug's Life Suite is completely new - and the first time I've ever seen A Bug's Land BGM floating around. It's just over 4 min and a nice little track.

Monsters Inc, as stated, is from the queue - not ride. But again, I've not seen anything at all source for Monsters out there yet.

Remember is the post-50th "In 1955" narration (opposed to the "Fifty years ago..").

So, technically we have five new tracks spread over two discs for the price of a whole new album. Disappointing indeed - especially considering there are really only *two* new tracks that non-Disney dorks would notice, as Splash, Space and Remember could easily be mistaken for being the same.

Dr. Know

Well, of course Space Mountain is better quality than the BOOTLEGGED track that was "circulating" around the 'net -- that one was ripped from a low-quality internet radio broadcast, and this one is CD quality.

And let it not be forgotten that the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience theme and 'Welcome to Tomorrowland' are also new additions to the Disneyland OA (yes, I know... they are also on the new WDW OA, but still...). Is the Tarzan Medley new?

I have to say, disc two is really quite spectacular, with Giacchino's SPACE MOUNTAIN, Goldsmith's SOARIN', Broughton's HISTA, SEASONS OF THE VINE, and BEAUTY AND THE BEES (arranged by BB), and the wonderful REMEMBER track, in addition to the others.

cm

Well, of course Space Mountain is better quality than the BOOTLEGGED track that was "circulating" around the 'net -- that one was ripped from a low-quality internet radio broadcast, and this one is CD quality.

And let it not be forgotten that the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience theme and 'Welcome to Tomorrowland' are also new additions to the Disneyland OA (yes, I know... they are also on the new WDW OA, but still...). Is the Tarzan Medley new?

I have to say, disc two is really quite spectacular, with Giacchino's SPACE MOUNTAIN, Goldsmith's SOARIN', Broughton's HISTA, SEASONS OF THE VINE, and BEAUTY AND THE BEES (arranged by BB), and the wonderful REMEMBER track, in addition to the others.

Don't you mean disc two is really quite rehashed? Almost everything you listed being greatful to have on that disc has been around on other commercially released discs for at least a year, and in most casest five. That doesn't mean the music itself isn't nice, but come on - let's not be "impressed" to see it when we already all have it!

Dr. Know

You miss my point -- yes, much of it is rehashed.... but what I'm talking about is the quality of the music. Rehashed or not, it is an impressive compilation of great park music by some terrific composers. The issue of what percentage of each new OA must consist of entirely new material..., well, that's another topic.

mpdb6

The Monsters Inc. track includes both a selection of queue and most of the ride music. About 2:30-3min into the track it starts the ride music. You'll notice a a change between the loungy queue track and the more orchestral ride music.

oh well... it wouldn't let me log in so now i have a new username ???

anywho... could someone please direct me to where the SKUs are for the Disneyland and WDW OAs? I have been looking around and know that I saw them about a month ago, but can't find them now.. THANKS!